X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WDWGirl
    replied
    Re: If you are sick... GO HOME!

The kids at my school come to school sick all the time, and I'm tired of it! Then I end up catching it, miss school days because I actually STAY HOME WHEN I'M SICK *gasp*, and then they have the nerve to ask me why I miss school days! Now I just get rude and say, "Because people like you DON'T miss days when you should, so I have to pay for it." I try to stay away from people when their sick, but when it's in my face like this there's no way to avoid it!

Leave a comment:

• knittingknerd
    replied

Originally posted by retta1973 View Post
    How about this I am a childcare worker and the state policy is when a child is sick they have to stay home so the other children don't get sick. Well the parents get to the point where they drug the child up so when they drop them off they are fine and when the drugs wear off I am left cleaning the mess off my floor trying to call the parents to pick up their child. They try the excuse they cant' get off work or they will lose their jobs. And when I get the childs' sickness I have to work regardless of being sick or not. I was so sick one time with a 104 degree temp and only 3 children showed up, but get this they were the ones were the parents did not work that day.
    Dude I call this everyday of my life. But here's what you do: wash your hands as much as possible. Purrell is awesome! Vitamin C like a mad woman. Airbourne....I teach the wee ones. I do this a lot.

Leave a comment:

• Rex Dopey24
    replied

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    So, Rex, how was Disneyland? )

yeah lol. But the fact is I didn't went to disneyland though. I really needed some time off.

Leave a comment:

• retta1973
    replied

how about this i am a childcare worker and the state policy is when a child is sick they have to stay home so the other children dont get sick well the parents get to the point they drug the child up so when they drop them off they are fine and when the drugs wear off i am left cleaning the mess off my floor trying to call the parents to pick up their child and they try the excuse they cant get off work or they will loose there jobs. and when i get the childs sickness i have to work regardless of being sick or not. I was so sick one time with a 104 degree temp and only 3 children showed up but get this they were the ones were the parents did not work that day.

Leave a comment:

• Hakuna Makarla
    replied

I am sorry that some of you have jobs that make you work sick, or frown on sick days. i am sorry , I realize some of you just have to do whats required to keep your jobs. I am in the position I can stay home from my job to be with my kids, and stay home from work when I am sick. not everyone has that luxury. But to those who pride them selves on working while sick and who could have stayed home, shame on you!
    Now to those of you who have had to go in to work sick :squeeze: I am sorry

Leave a comment:

• knittingknerd
    replied

Originally posted by rex22 View Post
    Yeah some job companys are like that. Yesterday I called in sick and they still wanted me to come in. wow.
    I had that one time. I was super sick and my boss said "everyone has called in. I need someone to come in. If you don't come in you're fired." I was working at a Subway and like 10 people told the manager I shouldn't be there. They still made me work. Princessy, Ashee, DisneyDaddy it's a Subway right next to you...FYI.

Leave a comment:

• DisneyIPresume
    replied

Originally posted by rex22 View Post
    Yeah some job companys are like that. Yesterday I called in sick and they still wanted me to come in. wow.
    So, Rex, how was Disneyland? )

Leave a comment:

• garbear
    replied

Originally posted by Ginarella View Post
    Umm, she's the rude one spreading her cooties to everyone.

Shes a cootie queen!

Leave a comment:

• Rex Dopey24
    replied

Originally posted by Dustysage View Post
    Hard for us to take a sick day at my work. It is seen as a sign of laziness. When the boss is sick, he comes in and infects the rest of us. Then we are all forced to work in misery for a few weeks while everyone takes their turn with the coughy, achy, stuffy head, so we can work routine

Leave a comment:

• knittingknerd
    replied

I hate hate hate parents that tell me "my child was fine before they got here!" Children asprin takes 5 hours to wear off of course they were fine. I had a kid with a 105.9' fever and I tried to call him mom, dad, anyone got nothing. His mom comes at 6 and is like "I never recieved any phone calls!" and then was like "Did you take it from the ear or the head?" Ear "The ear is always higher." Kid was there the next day. So mad.

Leave a comment:

• clara
    replied

Originally posted by Dustysage View Post
    Hard for us to take a sick day at my work. It is seen as a sign of laziness. When the boss is sick, he comes in and infects the rest of us. Then we are all forced to work in misery for a few weeks while everyone takes their turn with the coughy, achy, stuffy head, so we can work routine
    Originally posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
    Where I work...they are VERY hard on you if you call in sick, so, people mostly DO come in to work sick. For the record..the company is a MAJOR bank. Anyway---we all end up sick, and coming in sick, because the managers make you feel so guilty and at times, tell you that you can NOT call in sick. It's horrible.
    yeah they said what I was kinda going to. Unfortunately, some employers do not care if one gets sick...you show up or you don't' come back kinda thing. that is the only reason I show up sick....but I make sure to bring my anti-bacterial wipes and cloth and make sure no one touches me. I would stay home but just can't because of work.

Leave a comment:

• butterflylark
    replied

I'm actually on my way home right now from work because I'm sick. In my job, everyone is essential when called in to work. So I had to be here for a while to make sure my job was covered as lighting designer for the concert. Thankfully, our other designer was able to come in. Now I can stop coughing on everyone.
    I fully support the go home if you are sick. Except there are jobs that it isn't as straight forward.

Leave a comment:

• duckiedianne
    replied

I tell my students, if you're sick don't come to school!! Stay at home! I tell them that I don't want them coughing and sneezing all day and getting the other kids and me sick too! Then I tell them about my refusal to clean up anyone's throw up! haha!

Leave a comment:

• Missviolet
    replied

Originally posted by kelly View Post
    We NOW HAVE THE MRSA virus here in vegas.. so this scares me alot.. some elemetary school kid had it.. not my kdis school though.. So i am hoping if a child is sick the parents DO KEEP THEM home as this is a bad sickness..

AND ALWAYS WASH YOUR HANDS PEOPLE

Oh my goodness! Four kids at my old high school (now my little brother goes there) had that too! They closed down the school for a day to "clean" it. If you have a flesh eating virus, please, PLEASE! Stay home!

Leave a comment:

• Jazzman
    replied

Originally posted by thejoshualee View Post
    Just sat through class next to a woman who was coughing, sneezing, oozing, sick,sick, sick, sick.

She said that she was very proud that she never missed a day of work or school, no matter how sick she was.

I told her she was a walking pandemic waiting to happen and if there was ever anything good in her wilted, oozing heart, she would go home. (I actually said that)

She told me I was very rude and moved her seat closer to the professor. He told her she should go home. She started to cry and ran out.

Now I feel a bit bad, but come on. I hate being sick and people like that don't even think that they may be spreading their nasty little germs everywhere.
    Dude, you totally receive the "Awesome Action of the Week" award. That rocks that you laid it out like that. Good for you!

Sadly this whole "being sick doesn't matter" idea is a product of our society's obsession with work and success. So many people brag about putting in X hours of overtime, never having taken a vacation, never having missed a day of work. It's pathetic. Someone was bragging about things like this to me one day when I was still at Target and I turned to them and said, "That's stupid. You've missed out on so much life, and for what? Perfect attendance? Lame. I have perfect attendance too, but it's attendance to life." They never talked to me again. It's true though, I skip work all the time. In the grand scheme of things, a special day with my wife or family or a friend has an infinitely greater impact on my quality of life than another day on the clock does. Even more important, when I die I want my tombstone to say "Loving husband, friend, father, brother" and so on, not "Here lies Jeff. Loyal employee. His shifts will be hard to fill."

Work so you can live, don't live so you can work.

Leave a comment:

• kelly
    replied

We NOW HAVE THE MRSA virus here in vegas.. so this scares me alot.. some elemetary school kid had it.. not my kdis school though.. So i am hoping if a child is sick the parents DO KEEP THEM home as this is a bad sickness..

AND ALWAYS WASH YOUR HANDS PEOPLE

Leave a comment:

• Disney Wrassler
    replied

At work, I come in contact with many sick people. Just yesterday a lady came in with a baby that had a virus that could only spread by skin contact. The mom said the virus could always re-infect. That's something I did not want to hear because after that, while holding the baby, she gave me money. After the lady left, I quickly washed my hands. She was touching the baby, then touched the money she gave to me. I sure hope I don't catch that virus.

But yes T-Jel, some people should just stay home.

Leave a comment:

• lazyboy97O
    replied

The one thing I cannot stand is that a lot of the professor at my school will nock your grade if you do not give them a doctor's note. I don't need to pay a doctor to tell me I'm sick. In most cases the most a doctor can do is try to make one feel better. A couple of days grace would be nice.

Leave a comment:

• Hakuna Makarla
    replied

Originally posted by stinkerbell View Post
    I hate it hate it hate it when people send their sick kids to school. I would never in a million years put my kids in school sick, so why do other people think it's okay?

Esp. stay-at-home moms. Hello? Your job is to be a mom. Mother your kid, and cancel your freaking hair appt. I've lectured my friends numerous times about it. It's a major pet peeve of mine.

Once I sent home one of my classroom assistants because she came to work with a fever. Hello? We have a room full of autistic and medically fragile kids here who sure as heck aren't benefiting from you being sick and touching them. :yuck: She wasn't happy with me, but oh well.
    OMG you hit it right on the head!!
    I am so sick of seeing poor kids sent to school sick, and the teachers hacking to! Kids need to be home, tucked in on the couch or bed with tv, drinks and books surrounding them. a warm bed where they can heal .
    we had to go to the hospital today, here comes a mom with baby in her arms, no coat, or blanket on the 3 month old, its only 42 degree's out!! and she is shook up because her baby is very ill.
    I over heard the girl tell the nurse, she was puking and had severe diarea and was listless all night.in fact to sick to even wake up. but it was 10:30 in the morning, what the heck was she doing all night while her infant was soooo sick??? why wait until 10:30 in the morning
    Instead of being in there with her baby, she is walking around using the cell phone, in the lounge, walking out side, in the cafeteria. what the hell?? you need to be in there with your infant !!
    She looked like a crack head, open sores all over her face, and it made me sick. what she did look was very nervous that she was in fact in deep doo do.

Leave a comment:

• aimster
    replied

Last year I had the chest cold from hell. I was constantly hacking up hairballs and downing cough medicine like it was water (which it might as well have been as it did nothing to help). I wanted to go home but my then bosses had a literal hissy fit so I kept coming into work hacking and wheezing all day. Then they'd get mad because of that! It was a total no-win situation for me. No matter what I did, they'd get pissed off.

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X