This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting my wisdom teeth pulled out

BOOO!!! I'm getting my wisdom teeth pulled out tomorrow! All 4 are impacted (growing in sideways), the two on the bottom are super close to the nerve that is right there, and one on the top is super close to my sinus! Basically, if all goes well, I should expect swelling and a little pain....if not....I can expect pain and tingling from the damaged nerves and I won't be able to blow my nose and have to try to sneeze completely through my mouth! I'm a big sneezer and I usually hold it all in my nose so that I don't make a huge nose with spit flying out everywhere! In order to let my sinuses heal....I'll have to let it all come out of my mouth! Ick!

Wish me luck!

My best score ever!

Re: Getting my wisdom teeth pulled out

When I was 21 i had all 4 taken out as well..

i was put to sleep.. when I woke up it was pretty painful.. really couldnt eat anything for about 2 days.. I had drinks, etc.. mashed potatoes

But you will be fine

good luck to you
    Last edited by kelly; 11-08-2007, 04:23 PM.

Friends for life

Comment

You may not be able to suck thru a straw for the first day or two.. i couldnt...

Friends for life

Comment

Ouch! Good luck! I hate dental work!

Comment

Good luck hon ,I will be praying your procedure is not bad

Comment

Good luck!!! I have to get one of my wisdom teeth pulled out too. Not looking forward to it but then again, I did just have two root canals redone last September and October.
            http://twitter.com/DisneyBrat
            www.foursquare.com/user/disneybrat
            http://www.facebook.com/Melissa.M.Solorzano

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Put on a pair of headphones with good music. You will be fine.

For some reason I baked a lot afterwards!

Comment

I got mine pulled out in August. My bottom teeth were impacted as well. I was so nervous but it was not bad at all. The first day I basically slept. The second day they were a little sore and I stick to things like Ice Cream, Mashed Potatoes, and Mac and Cheese. The third day they were a little sore but I ate an apple and it didn't hurt. Good luck....let us know how it goes.

Comment

I have to get mine out once my orthodontic treatment is done/before they make my retainer.. so sometime in the next several months. My boyfriend got his out two months ago and all went well but his cheeks were SO swollen and bruised... you'll be fine! Good luck and remember to ice those swollen cheeks!
                    <3 Chloe

Comment

Good luck.

I remember the pain not being a big deal but I HATED the smell! You couldn't rinse out the dried blood for a couple of days and the odor made me sick! You'll be fine, buy popsicles & jello! Pudding ain't bad either.

Comment

I had mine taken out about 7 years ago. I did it in two rounds. First I had my top ones taken out, then about a month later I had the bottom ones taken out. I was lucky; it was completely painless. Even when the freezing wore off I didn't feel any pain. It was just like the teeth were never there. The only thing I found annoying was the stitches.

Comment

Originally posted by QuietViolet View Post
                          I have to get mine out once my orthodontic treatment is done/before they make my retainer.. so sometime in the next several months. My boyfriend got his out two months ago and all went well but his cheeks were SO swollen and bruised... you'll be fine! Good luck and remember to ice those swollen cheeks!
                          Q V-My oldest daughter had all 4 wisdoms out before the retainer and so did I. I bruised like your b/f and was swollen on one side. My daughter didn't bruise at all.

Good luck duckiedianne. You'll be fine.

Comment

Cab't remember much from when I had them out at 19... the biggest thing wasI would have strong reactions to medicine, and I am allergic to Codine, so I couldn't have the usual painkiller... I was doped up for a cuople days, and had to go to my college marching band practice. I was so high on the meds, I would drop my flag and stop laughing hilariously. Needless to say, they took my equipment away (couldn't get out of practicing, another girl had one done the same time as me, was spinning the next day. PS this girl pretty much lived off of Aleve, so it wasn't a fair comparison...
                            So, but don't worry, and indulge in soneone taking care of you

Comment

What I noticed and I have been told this by a few other people: it's not the extraction/ pulling them out that gets you it's the scars afterwards. If anything gets into my scars it drives me crazy and hurts. Pieces of Mr.Goodbars... ohmygosh.

Comment

strange I have two wisdom tooth pulled out and I was on anesthesia or something. But I feel you. Good luck. Its like a torture chamber at the dentist lol. It took 6 days for me to recover.

Comment

When dd had hers out , they were suppose to be impacted etc.. dropped her off for the procedure drove 2 blocks , barely sat down at my desk and it was the endontist office calling me to come get her..evidently they just kinda popped out almost accross the room. She didnt have swelling but a little pain mainly caused by a reaction to the numbing novacaine which she tends to have a reaction to.

Comment

I had mine out at 18 and the dentist did not realize they were all 4 impacted and I was not put to sleep. The surgery took longer than expected and the meds wore off half way through. It was worse than tearing my menascus, thanks to that doctor!
                                    sigpic- Grumpy

Comment

Originally posted by kelly View Post
                                      You may not be able to suck thru a straw for the first day or two.. i couldnt...
                                      My dentist told me not to use a straw for a few days because it would loosen the blood clots and cause dry sockets, which are really painful, slow down the healing process and could even get infected. (Yeah, TMI - I know).

I had my two lower wisdom teeth extracted about 10 years ago because they were impacted. They were lodged in my jaw because my jaw was too small to support the extra teeth. (I didn't have any upper wisdom teeth). I was knocked out, then sent home with a supply of vicodin, which I used for a couple of days. I ate soft foods very slowly, but was fine as long as I had the vicodin.
                                      She did it!

Comment

Thought you all might like pictures!!

All swollen

And bruised....it looks worse today that it did when I took the picture!

My best score ever!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X