Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone recommend a really good fog machine brand?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone recommend a really good fog machine brand?

I've been given permission to buy one for a show I'm doing and I can spend as much as $200.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Princess Buttercup; 11-14-2007, 07:45 AM.

Re: Can anyone recommend a really good fog machine brand?

I would help you out, PB, but I left my fog machine in my other pants.

^_^

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Do you want the fog up in the air or do you want it to lay low on the ground or doesn't it matter? We got one right before Halloween at Costco that has a chamber that you put ice in it that cools the fog and makes it stay low to the ground. Or you could not put ice in and it would fill the air more. It was like $49 and then I saw the exact same one at a Halloween store and it was like $15 more expensive there. I can look up the brand when I get home tonight.
      San Diego Pole Parties

Comment

^ Thanks for the info.

I think I want the kind that puts the fog more on the ground but it would be cool if it could do both the ground and in the air becvause I know the youth pastor wants to use it with a strobe light for youth events.

I found a website that sells them at half the price they're sold at stores. They start at $24.95 and go up to $200.00 and I just wondered if the cheaper ones are sufficient or if the more expensive ones do a better job and are less apt to stop working after two or three times like inexpensive things often do.

If anyone wants to know the name brand of a good bubble machine or helium machine , I can help you out on that one!:lol:

PS Cohete Boy , what the heck are you doing with a fog machine in your other pants?! Wait...I don't think I even wanna know!

Comment

http://www.gotfog.com

Comment

I'm checking with a friend for you now PB.. what really is important is how big of an area and how much the air moves around. The small ones will work great under the right conditions.

A modification you can do to help the fog thicken up is to run them through a cooling chamber. There are sites with directions out there (also trying to find a ref. for you) but the idea is you run the fog machine into piping which is ran through a large container (like a trash can or cooler) you fill with ice or dry ice. This cooling help condenses the fog even more making it thick and hug the ground.

At holloween we used one made out of a cooler with dry ice in it (bought at local grocery store) and it worked fine except we were doing it outside and one machine wasn't enough to battle the large open area and breeze we had.
            Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
            Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Originally posted by sleepyjeff
            Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Comment

The last fog machine we had for about 12 years and it died last year, that is why we bought a new one this year. We only used it around Halloween time, the rest of the year it was stored in a box in the garage. But it lasted a long time, and it wasn't a $200 machine. My husband had made a cooling chamber out of a cooler as well, but since the one we just bought has the chamber for ice in it already, we don't have to use the cooler any more.
              San Diego Pole Parties

Comment

You should call the party rental places and see if they can recommend a good brand. I would try Alexis first, then celebrations or mm in watsonville. Too Much Fun might have some left over from Halloween but I don't know the quality of them...

Comment

I made a cooling chamber last year and it didn't do crap. I used regular ice instead of dry ice but I felt like the fog didn't stay in it long enough to become cooler and thick.
                  You have to remember that some fog machines will either have a timer or a controller. If you want one you don't have to worry about messing with for a few hours then you're going to have to spend a little more money.

Comment

Here is a low-end unit we've had good success with.

http://www.eliminatorlightingdirect....e_p/ef-400.htm

Low-end unit.. will work in a confined space or are without wind
                    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
                    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Originally posted by sleepyjeff
                    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Comment

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'll let you guys know what I decide to buy and how it works out!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X