This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: thanksgiving plans

we do what we do every year ( unless kids are sick ) we go to moms and eat, then head out to the hot springs resort and swim in the hot tubs ( giant pools) in the snow! the steam is all around us and its like our own private world. http://www.fairmontmontana.com/postcard/
    we also go there during christmas , its more crowded but still a blast!

Comment

My tradition is cooking dinner for my dad, his partner and my uncle and then go see a movie at The Bridge (the Imax theater), but this year my dad's partner passed away, so it will be my dad, my uncle and I.

Because this is the first Thanksgiving my dad's partner is gone I am trying to make it extra special and make whatever my dad wants. The problem lies with my dad and his inability to say what he likes "Whatever you make will be fine."

Comment

My plans for thanksgiving is working from ten fifteen in the morning to five fourty five in the evening at the challenge trail at california adventure. So if your in the resort that day, stop by and say hi! After that, i get to go home and have thanksgiving dinner with the family and watch the recorded macys day parade, which im really stoked about this year. And maybe if its not sold out and not too late, go see mr. magoriums wonder emporium.

Comment

As always, we will have a quiet Thanksgiving with Belle's and my Family. Traditional feast (Turkey, Ham, mashed potatoes, stuffing, pie's, etc). We then go to my MIL's to spend the night since the girls get up to go shopping early. We may actually go to a movie or something as well to see Enchanted again.

This year will be a little hard since we've lost 2 people in our family (Belle's Dad and my Grandfather) so the table will seem a little empty.

We'll make the best of it though and it will be nice. Hopefully it will cool down by then. I don't like this warm weather in November. I want it to be cold like it was last weekend.

Comment

We're going up north to my mom's house, she lives near Bear Valley. We'll spend Tues & Wed at my MIL's timeshare with my MIL. Her bday is Tuesday & it's the first year without my FIL so we want to spend sometime with her. I'm hoping to do some local winetasting on Wednesday. Thanksgiving day we'll spend the day at my mom's house with a traditional turkey dinner and football

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
              As always, we will have a quiet Thanksgiving with Belle's and my Family. Traditional feast (Turkey, Ham, mashed potatoes, stuffing, pie's, etc). We then go to my MIL's to spend the night since the girls get up to go shopping early. We may actually go to a movie or something as well to see Enchanted again.

This year will be a little hard since we've lost 2 people in our family (Belle's Dad and my Grandfather) so the table will seem a little empty.

We'll make the best of it though and it will be nice. Hopefully it will cool down by then. I don't like this warm weather in November. I want it to be cold like it was last weekend.

aww so sorry my friend...

Friends for life

Comment

My parents and bro are coming out and I am cooking the dinner for the first time EVER! :unsure:

turkey breast, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, broccoli and cheese casserole, homemade rolls and pumpkin pie. Mmmmm.
                Good morning, son
                In twenty years from now
                Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                And I can tell you 'bout today
                And how I picked you up and everything changed
                It was pain
                Sunny days and rain
                I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Disney1978 View Post
                  My tradition is cooking dinner for my dad, his partner and my uncle and then go see a movie at The Bridge (the Imax theater), but this year my dad's partner passed away, so it will be my dad, my uncle and I.

Because this is the first Thanksgiving my dad's partner is gone I am trying to make it extra special and make whatever my dad wants. The problem lies with my dad and his inability to say what he likes "Whatever you make will be fine."
                  awww! well i hope things will go well, and you'll make your dad happy and proud
                  my plans are to hang out with particular family i really dont care for, and some i do care for

Orlando doing good
                  http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=9a0_1212091354&p=1

www.Myspace.com/butterflytat20
                  Princess of Randomness

Comment

Tday at Dad's house with a lot of family. After Dinner we are driving up to Lake Arrowhead where we rented a cabin. We'll be up there til' Sunday. 6 of us at the cabin, should be fun!

Comment

Support Lake Arrowhead Ashee!

Comment

Originally posted by knittingknerd View Post
                        Support Lake Arrowhead Ashee!

I do!

Comment

Heading to Orange for dinner at my aunt and uncle's house, with all the family. Even my cousin is making it home from his Air Force post in Montana this year (which is awesome because my son idolizes him!) So my uncle will roast and/or smoke a couple of turkeys, 'cause he likes to give options that way, and everyone pretty much has their food assignment down to a system now. We potluck the side dishes and I'm in charge of the sweet potato dish- whipped and baked sweet potatoes with maple syrup, and a struesel topping.

When my husband I were first married, we'd go to Disneyland after dinner to watch the parade. Now that there are 3 of us, we have blackout dates to contend with, so that option is out. Usually we just come home and crash afterwards. I'd like to start a tradition of going to the movies, but my husband is sure to fall asleep in the theater!
                          A signature should go here.

Comment

Originally posted by aashee View Post
                            I do!
                            I am kinda' excited about the day after Turkey Day in the Village. I know a lot of people who are just going to hang out there all day and I am planning to just hang out there and write all day. I think there's going to be a ton of stuff to do there that weekend FYI.

Comment

Was there a lot affected by the fire??

Comment

I am kinda' excited about the day after Turkey Day in the Village. I know a lot of people who are just going to hang out there all day and I am planning to just hang out there and write all day. I think there's going to be a ton of stuff to do there that weekend FYI.
                                Can't wait! I'll be at the Village quite a bit. Look for the big annoying family!

Comment

Watching macy's thanksgiving parade and spending time with the family.

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessY View Post
                                    Was there a lot affected by the fire??
                                    It depends on what you mean. The Village is fine physically.

I really need to take a photo journal for people to see it. It's weird because you'll be driving like on my street and there's nothing, then you get on another street and suddenly it's like "oh... that whole street is gone." I got very very lost when I first drove up (I didn't know that I could take the 18 to Twin Peaks. So I took the 330 to the 18...) and it's weird because it was like "fine fine fine, center of town is fine. Hey look the video store...oh crap!" Seriously like there was this adorable house that I loved watching (the owners changed the outside decorations like weekly and it was on 330), and it's gone and it's weird because you just see the mantle and the tree in front of it, which is black. All the businesses are okay, just needing business, but like it's creepy. But our govenor (sp?) wants everyone to come up and support Arrowhead. December 6th we're having a giant potluck for the firemen up here...

Ashee- see a bunch of people swearing at their alphasmarts or laptops that's us!

Comment

Ashee- see a bunch of people swearing at their alphasmarts or laptops that's us!
                                      Okie Doke KK. I'll keep an eye out for you.

Comment

This year we are doing something completely different. Since my niece is one of the twirlers for ASU and they have a game on Thanksgiving, we planned to just grab something and not do anything extravagent. Then she got notified that the band booster (I think that is who it is) was going to offer free meals to the families of the band members so we were invited to spend Thanksgiving with the ASU band. Should be an interesting event.
                                        Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

Comment

sounds like everyone has wonderful plans for thanksgiving day and weekend

Friends for life

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X