• knittingknerd
    replied
    Re: thanksgiving plans

Support Lake Arrowhead Ashee!

Leave a comment:

• aashee
    replied

Tday at Dad's house with a lot of family. After Dinner we are driving up to Lake Arrowhead where we rented a cabin. We'll be up there til' Sunday. 6 of us at the cabin, should be fun!

Leave a comment:

• ksejr1
    replied

Originally posted by Disney1978 View Post
    My tradition is cooking dinner for my dad, his partner and my uncle and then go see a movie at The Bridge (the Imax theater), but this year my dad's partner passed away, so it will be my dad, my uncle and I.

Because this is the first Thanksgiving my dad's partner is gone I am trying to make it extra special and make whatever my dad wants. The problem lies with my dad and his inability to say what he likes "Whatever you make will be fine."
    awww! well i hope things will go well, and you'll make your dad happy and proud
    my plans are to hang out with particular family i really dont care for, and some i do care for

Leave a comment:

• NeverNeverland
    replied

My parents and bro are coming out and I am cooking the dinner for the first time EVER! :unsure:

turkey breast, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, broccoli and cheese casserole, homemade rolls and pumpkin pie. Mmmmm.

Leave a comment:

• kelly
    replied

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    As always, we will have a quiet Thanksgiving with Belle's and my Family. Traditional feast (Turkey, Ham, mashed potatoes, stuffing, pie's, etc). We then go to my MIL's to spend the night since the girls get up to go shopping early. We may actually go to a movie or something as well to see Enchanted again.

This year will be a little hard since we've lost 2 people in our family (Belle's Dad and my Grandfather) so the table will seem a little empty.

We'll make the best of it though and it will be nice. Hopefully it will cool down by then. I don't like this warm weather in November. I want it to be cold like it was last weekend.

aww so sorry my friend...

Leave a comment:

• dsnylndmom
    replied

We're going up north to my mom's house, she lives near Bear Valley. We'll spend Tues & Wed at my MIL's timeshare with my MIL. Her bday is Tuesday & it's the first year without my FIL so we want to spend sometime with her. I'm hoping to do some local winetasting on Wednesday. Thanksgiving day we'll spend the day at my mom's house with a traditional turkey dinner and football

Leave a comment:

• sir clinksalot
    replied

As always, we will have a quiet Thanksgiving with Belle's and my Family. Traditional feast (Turkey, Ham, mashed potatoes, stuffing, pie's, etc). We then go to my MIL's to spend the night since the girls get up to go shopping early. We may actually go to a movie or something as well to see Enchanted again.

This year will be a little hard since we've lost 2 people in our family (Belle's Dad and my Grandfather) so the table will seem a little empty.

We'll make the best of it though and it will be nice. Hopefully it will cool down by then. I don't like this warm weather in November. I want it to be cold like it was last weekend.

Leave a comment:

• lesmisfan
    replied

My plans for thanksgiving is working from ten fifteen in the morning to five fourty five in the evening at the challenge trail at california adventure. So if your in the resort that day, stop by and say hi! After that, i get to go home and have thanksgiving dinner with the family and watch the recorded macys day parade, which im really stoked about this year. And maybe if its not sold out and not too late, go see mr. magoriums wonder emporium.

Leave a comment:

• Disney1978
    replied

My tradition is cooking dinner for my dad, his partner and my uncle and then go see a movie at The Bridge (the Imax theater), but this year my dad's partner passed away, so it will be my dad, my uncle and I.

Because this is the first Thanksgiving my dad's partner is gone I am trying to make it extra special and make whatever my dad wants. The problem lies with my dad and his inability to say what he likes "Whatever you make will be fine."

Leave a comment:

• Hakuna Makarla
    replied

we do what we do every year ( unless kids are sick ) we go to moms and eat, then head out to the hot springs resort and swim in the hot tubs ( giant pools) in the snow! the steam is all around us and its like our own private world. http://www.fairmontmontana.com/postcard/
    we also go there during christmas , its more crowded but still a blast!

Leave a comment:

• kelly
    replied

Originally posted by stinkerbell View Post
    Thanksgiving at the inlaws with my husband's cousins and his brother and wife. I love their family.

Friday--early morning shopping and throw the turkey in the oven at 5 a.m. Then my daughter's band is marching in the Macy's Christmas parade downtown. Later we enjoy our own turkey dinner with all the trimmings and watch Christmas movies. If the weather's good and we feel like moving, we'll go see the Christmas tree lighting downtown.

Saturday--Wine tasting in the Willamette Valley with a group of girlfriends.

Sunday--Rest.
    Sounds like a fun filled weekend..

Leave a comment:

• stinkerbell
    replied

Thanksgiving at the inlaws with my husband's cousins and his brother and wife. I love their family.

Friday--early morning shopping and throw the turkey in the oven at 5 a.m. Then my daughter's band is marching in the Macy's Christmas parade downtown. Later we enjoy our own turkey dinner with all the trimmings and watch Christmas movies. If the weather's good and we feel like moving, we'll go see the Christmas tree lighting downtown.

Saturday--Wine tasting in the Willamette Valley with a group of girlfriends.

Sunday--Rest.

Leave a comment:

• aimster
    replied

The usual... Warm a turkey Smart Ones or Lean Cuisine in the microwave for dinner and watch movies while I eat. But this year I'll have a brand new 42" HDTV to watch them on!

Leave a comment:

• kelly
    replied

Originally posted by TicTocDragon View Post
    I'm sure there's room. come on down as they say on the Price is Right.

he he he

OK

Leave a comment:

• kelly
    replied

Originally posted by MollyTrolly View Post
    We are spending the day at my house. Hubby has requested we make everything from scratch this year (and I saw we, because he is much more of a chef than I am). So I have recipies ready and we will be doing some serious cooking.

That and of course watching football!

ahhhhhhh yes football.. hubby usually watches it while I MAKE THE DINNER

Leave a comment:

• Alchimedes
    replied

Originally posted by kelly View Post
    WOW can I come?
    I'm sure there's room. come on down as they say on the Price is Right.

Leave a comment:

• kelly
    replied

Originally posted by TicTocDragon View Post
    Just going up North to spend it in Santa Rosa, nice area. My new mother loves to cook, she literally cooks everything except the Turkey from scratch. She makes Martha Stewart look like a novice. :lol:

WOW can I come?

Leave a comment:

• MollyTrolly
    replied

We are spending the day at my house. Hubby has requested we make everything from scratch this year (and I saw we, because he is much more of a chef than I am). So I have recipies ready and we will be doing some serious cooking.

That and of course watching football!

Leave a comment:

• Alchimedes
    replied

Just going up North to spend it in Santa Rosa, nice area. My new mother loves to cook, she literally cooks everything except the Turkey from scratch. She makes Martha Stewart look like a novice. :lol:

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X