Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What makes the holidays so special to you?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What makes the holidays so special to you?

So what do you look forward to most during the holidays? Is it the turkey with all the trimmings? Is it the egg nog or Peppermint Mochas at Starbucks? Or maybe it's all the decorations and lights in your neighborhood or in your home? Is it spending time at your favorite theme park, or is it just the enjoyment of being with your friends and loved ones?

For me, it's the carols. Christmas carols are one of my guilty pleasures (Silver Bells and Silent Night being my favorites).

How about you guys?
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

Re: What makes the holidays so special to you?

It's all about the family. While a chill in the air or a special movie may get me feeling sentimental, it all comes down to family or thoughts of my childhood.

Comment

The traditions are what really get me sentimental around the Holiday season... I think both because they are such sweet traditions, and also because new memories are being made. I also get VERY nostalgic for my childhood.
      Every year as a kid, the day we get the Christmas tree, the whole family decorated it together, while my dad put on christmas music and lit a fire in the fireplace, and my mom started her first batch of Christmas cookies...
      After the divorce, the tradition was the same, minus my dad being there... The smell of the fresh Christmas tree, mixed with my moms cookies baking and the fire logs in the fire place IS the smell of Christmas to me and makes me all warm and fuzzy. I wish it could be bottled because it is the best smell in the world.
      <3 Chloe

Comment

its not as special for me since a lot of the kids in my family are growing up

Orlando doing good
        http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=9a0_1212091354&p=1

www.Myspace.com/butterflytat20
        Princess of Randomness

Comment

Yep, family and friends.

That's what it's all about...

Comment

December is a great time, its chilly (for So Cal), and every night after work hubby and I get home, he lights the fireplace and we turn on a holiday music station and we sit with the kids and play and talk, its wonderful especially once we have everything decorated.

There is something special about the holidays that allows us to relaly take time to just hang out!

A little piece of heaven

Comment

For me it's my family. Celebrating the true meanings. The history, the traditions. Reflecting on childhood memories, making new memories, being together. Decorating the tree, the kids putting up the ornaments that we have accumulated over the many years, (remembering when/where we got "this" ornament)

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

Comment

My Johnny Cash Christmas songs. I can't wait to start listening to them again .

I like the cold weather too. It makes me feel happier. Giving gifts to others gives me a great feeling and I also enjoy visiting Mammoth Caves for their annual "Caroling In The Caves" event held every year. Last year it gave me goosebumps hearing a French Horn player playing Silent Night and The First Noel in the caves. It was very delightful.

Comment

Nostalgia, I guess. Kinda why I like Disneyland so much.

I really love what it means to little kids and how much they love it. Takes me back to when I was little and how exciting it all seemed, then what a letdown it was when the holidays were done. It warms/hurts my heart to know my kids feel that way too.

The little things I look forward to--hot chocolate with candy canes in it, Christmas Vacation (the movie) and making cookies and pies for no reason, other than it's Christmas time.

Comment

I think holidays are all about being with people you love, family and friends, health and happiness.

Guilty pleasures, listening to Christmas music while decorating the tree and house.
                    Watching classic Christmas movies all day and eating popcorn.
                    Baking holiday cookies.
                    Shop until you drop.
                    Watching the kiddos eyes light up as they are opening gifts.
                    And having a Prime rib dinner with all the fixins at Grandma's house.

Comment

I missed out on Christmas memories as a child, my family never celebrated the holidays.
                      Now that I am grown with a family of my own, the best thing is to see the joy of the holidays through the eyes of my daughter. Heck me too! Hubby knows that our daughter and I will BOTH be up around 5 am in the morning, and he starts breakfast for us.
                      It is all about Family time for sure!

Comment

My favorite part of the holiday season is waking up each day, especially the days right before Christmas, and seeing out christmas tree glowing with golden lights. It's really a magical feeling
                        sigpic

Comment

I love the holidays so much!!! It's truly my favorite time of the year. I love decorating my house for Christmas (usually start immediately after Thanksgiving), and baking and having friends over. I love giving gifts to friends and family, watching my son open gifts, and I just love celebrating the true reason for the season.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X