This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i need to vent

Ok, frequently within the past week my mom has been going psyco on me for NO REASON. I don't understand. Like, this morning she told me to get stuff ready in case I didn't have time to come home before work. So, here I am getting stuff ready. I start to walk into the kitchen to get a bottle of water (i am a camp counselor so i need it), and she was talking to my aunt asking if she could drive me later, and she's all "GET READY!!!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?!?!?!?!?" So, I am practically in tears right now, because i hate when people are mad at me. Especially for no reason. And, yesterday we had a short power outage, for about five minutes. And she was turning off my computer in case it happened again. I was like "What are you doing?" (in a NICE tone i might add) and she was like "Oh, I'm turning off your computer in case we have another power outage like the other day" and I'm like "Oh ya, yesterday" and she's all "DON'T HAVE THAT TONE WITH ME!!" and stomps out of the room and slams the door. WTF?!?!?!?!!?!? omg, i am freaking out. on the verge of tears. Lately, it just seems like everything I do is wrong. What should i do??
    Last edited by DisneyMania!; 07-20-2005, 07:19 AM. Reason: mistake

Re: i need to vent

Slip some prozac in her morning coffee
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

Comment

Perhaps you should sit her down and tell her that you need to talk to her about something important. Let her know that you feel stressed and confused by her sudden change and ask her if there is something that you should be aware of or help her with. Chances are that something is going on in her life that you don't know about. Even if she doesn't tell you, it will help her know that you have noticed.
      MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Comment

I agree with Dusty, your mom may have something going on in her life that is causing her stress. She may not even be aware that she is taking it out on you. Wait for a time when you are both relaxed, it's never a good idea to have that kind of discussion when tempers are running high.
        Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Dustysage
          Perhaps you should sit her down and tell her that you need to talk to her about something important. Let her know that you feel stressed and confused by her sudden change and ask her if there is something that you should be aware of or help her with. Chances are that something is going on in her life that you don't know about. Even if she doesn't tell you, it will help her know that you have noticed.
          Well, I tried that. alot. And she just goes off on me. I haven't even been talking to her because everything I say (and I am not even exaggerating) she goes off about.

Comment

Maybe then you can talk to your aunt about your concerns? She might be a little more willing to listen.
            Good morning, son
            In twenty years from now
            Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
            And I can tell you 'bout today
            And how I picked you up and everything changed
            It was pain
            Sunny days and rain
            I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NeverNeverland
              Maybe then you can talk to your aunt about your concerns? She might be a little more willing to listen.
              whoa! you read my mind! lol
              Ya, i was planning on it. She would understand. I'll probably burst into tears. lol

Comment

Hope everything works out for you.
                sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

Originally posted by Dustysage
                  Good advice Dusty.

And Tui, how often has that worked?

Comment

65 percent of the time, it works everytime
                    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

Comment

Maybe your mom is possibly hitting menopause? I know when mine did, it was a real struggle, because she didn't think anything was wrong, but she was just very short-fused and tempermental and emotional all the time. If she's in the 45-55 age range, this is a very real possibility.

I would definitely talk to your aunt.
                      disneyphile@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyphile
                        Maybe your mom is possibly hitting menopause? I know when mine did, it was a real struggle, because she didn't think anything was wrong, but she was just very short-fused and tempermental and emotional all the time. If she's in the 45-55 age range, this is a very real possibility.

I would definitely talk to your aunt.
                        DP, great minds think alike! When my mother went through menopause, all hell broke loose. My goodness, she was a bear to live with! Especially since she hates doctors, she didn't want to go get any sort of hormone therapy (even though she probably needed it). Seriously, reading your post DisneyMania, is like a flashback!

To be honest, I ended up moving out my first year of college... but, things finally did calm down a couple of years later... good luck!

Comment

my mom is going through menopause right now. i have already given my family permisson to kill me when i reach it. seriously. :verymad:
                          please be afraid.

Comment

thanks for all your help guys! you're the best
                            Well, since i have posted this thread i have tried to be SUPER nice to my mom and she has cooled down alot. i think it is menopause. good lord

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X