This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How old were you when you found out?

-Santa Claus wasn't real? ...eeer, that is, uuhm, well, unless you still believe in Santa, in which case this is just a silly post meant for laughs. :sweat:

I was 9, but I suspected for a year or so up to that point. I keep waking up trying to sneek a peek at the old guy, and never saw him.

I figured it was a ruse, plus kids at school talk, y'know?

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

Re: How old were you when you found out?

I figured it out when I was about 6. I noticed that Santa had the same writing as the Tooth Fairy and Easter Bunny, who all had the same writing as my stepdad.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Comment

What!!!! He's not real!
      Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

My parent's never had me believe in Santa Claus, so when it was brought up in school I was like ... who's Santa?

Comment

I was taught not to believe in Santa also

Comment

11? I liked to believe in magic... And I was 11 ish when I realized the toothfairy wasn't real because my mom was like "I need to go to the ATM!" right after I got a tooth pulled and I heard my parents fighting about how much I should get from the toothfairy for it. Then it was like "hey..."

Comment

I have an older brother so the 'secret' didn't last long.
              Originally posted by Grumpee
              I only care for Disney bling!

Comment

Originally posted by Mouse princess View Post
                What!!!! He's not real!
                I just knew this was going to happen. inch:

My kids have always known he's just a fig-newton of our imagination. But based on a real guy who live hundreds of years ago.

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

Comment

I think I was about 7 or 8. I put the clues togther. But I think it was the Santa suit and presents in the hall closet that kinda did it. Sloppy Rents:thumbdown

Comment

I was 6 and in first grade and the mean girl around the corner, Paige, told me. I cried all the way home.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

^^^My dad did this giant mathmatical equation to show us that there was no way that Santa could store all the stuff in his place at the North Pole for all the kids everywhere. Like he intentionally made it sooooo complicated that we were like "okay Santa can use your room to store stuff!"

My parents had it down. They did complicated math to confuse us, had Elf Scwartz (which why did we have the Jewish elf?) to call us when we did something bad, had neighbors write our names so we wouldn't recognize the writing or a stamp lettering kit, and they knew the guy that played Santa at my dad's work and my dad would mention "Hey Kim is having trouble in math." or "Kim wrote on the walls..." or "Kim had her first communion." and "Santa" would be like "So Kim I saw that you drew a story on the walls with a permenant marker... is that naughty or nice?" So growing up Santa was real and scary.

Comment

I side with Virginia and the New York Sun...

There is a Santa Claus, and there always will be

Comment

I think I was like 8 or 9. My brothers woke me up because they saw my parents (in almost the dead of night) coming back from the neighbor's house and walking 3 bikes with them, and sure enough that morning, we each recieved a bike.
                          Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

Comment

I bet this thread is making the Easter Bunny awful nervous.

Comment

I was about 11. There was a guy in our town that dressed up at Santa and did story telling so it was VERY real to me. He knew my name and things about me without asking or my parents telling him. When I was 11, he stopped doing it and there was a new Santa in the town...so I asked my mom what the heck and she told me the truth. Turns out it was one of the family's actor friends who did anouther show for kids, the wizard and gork. So, as you can imagine, I was very depressed lol.

But anyway, ask any of the kids at my school and I still believe in Santa. Just last week a 3rd graded stood up during homework time and told all the other kids (2nd and 3rd graders) there was no such thing as Santa. I told them, there is and I'm a close personal friend of his. If you don't believe, I'll just have to tell him so he doesn't waste his time getting you some awesome presents.

They all believe in Santa again.:evil:

Comment

We never really had Santa. My parents tried to do a blended Christmas/Hanukkah (Jewish Mom, Catholic Dad). We had a Hanukkah bush with white and blue lights and each nigh of Hanukkah, the Hanukkah Bird would leave presents at the door for us. Then for Christmas, we had a tree and the presents would slowly be put under the tree throughout the season - but we couldn't open them until Christmas morning.

Mom always told us that neither Santa or the Hanukkah Bird were real and that she didn't want to lie to us. But that it was fun for her to follow the customs, so we all just went along with it.

Then one year (it had to have been kindergarten or 1st grade) I told some little girl that Santa wasn't real and that some adults lie to kids about it because they think they can get away with it. She started crying and saying that it wasn't true and I got sent to the principle's office. My mom was furious that they were treating me like I had done something wrong when what I was saying was true. It was a big mess. And I felt really bad about it after. They had to do a big song and dance explanation to me about when to keep information from people and the difference between a lie and fantasy. It was very confusing to me and I was really upset about it for a very long time.

Funny enough, I now collect Santas and totally dig the whole fantasy thing. But I'd never lie to my own kids about it. If they ever questioned me, I'd tell them the truth. I really appreciate that my mother always gave us the answer to anything that we ever asked - even when after we were sorry we had asked ("where do babies come from?" comes to mind).

No stork, no Santa, no Tooth Fairy, no kidding.
                                MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
                                Save

Comment

I was 9.. my best friend told me.. I was so upset. ran all the way home from school.. in tears.. Asked mom about it and she told me there was no santa to speak of .. but there was santa in our hearts

Friends for life

Comment

Dusty, your so lucky.

i asked my mom where babies come from and she changed the subject. instead of giving me the "talk" she ignored the whole thing. i picked up a cosmo and my bio book and did some self instruction, lol. Now i'm more well informed then she is. i loved the first time i went into how a baby develops. she was pratically taking notes!

Originally posted by Dustysage View Post
                                    We never really had Santa. My parents tried to do a blended Christmas/Hanukkah (Jewish Mom, Catholic Dad). We had a Hanukkah bush with white and blue lights and each nigh of Hanukkah, the Hanukkah Bird would leave presents at the door for us. Then for Christmas, we had a tree and the presents would slowly be put under the tree throughout the season - but we couldn't open them until Christmas morning.

Mom always told us that neither Santa or the Hanukkah Bird were real and that she didn't want to lie to us. But that it was fun for her to follow the customs, so we all just went along with it.

Then one year (it had to have been kindergarten or 1st grade) I told some little girl that Santa wasn't real and that some adults lie to kids about it because they think they can get away with it. She started crying and saying that it wasn't true and I got sent to the principle's office. My mom was furious that they were treating me like I had done something wrong when what I was saying was true. It was a big mess. And I felt really bad about it after. They had to do a big song and dance explanation to me about when to keep information from people and the difference between a lie and fantasy. It was very confusing to me and I was really upset about it for a very long time.

Funny enough, I now collect Santas and totally dig the whole fantasy thing. But I'd never lie to my own kids about it. If they ever questioned me, I'd tell them the truth. I really appreciate that my mother always gave us the answer to anything that we ever asked - even when after we were sorry we had asked ("where do babies come from?" comes to mind).

No stork, no Santa, no Tooth Fairy, no kidding.

Comment

I was four. My older brother (whom I no longer recognize as family but that's a whole other story) is pretty much the biggest a-hole alive and he told me about Santa just to ruin it for me. I cried for days, but he told me that Mom and Dad would take all my presents away if they knew that I knew so when Mom would ask what was wrong I would tell her that I just didn't feel well. I pretended to believe for another four years or so for their sake. I made sure to look after my little sister though and make her believe for as long as possible. I didn't want it ruined for her too.

When we finally pop out some youngins I fully intend to have Santa be a part of our Christmas. There is great magic in his myth and believing in him makes Christmas such a wonderful time for kids. I see no reason to rob them of that.

Comment

^ Wow, Jazzman, your brother sounds a lot like my hubby's brother.

Anyhoo, I figured it out when I was 8 or so. Why did Santa have the exact same writing as my dad? And I knew there were a lot of people in the world, so there was no way Santa could make all those stops in one night. It didn't bother me, though. I was just relieved, because the reality made more sense to me. Guess I was too practical a child to enjoy the fantasy.

Now that I'm an adult, though, I love seeing the fantasy through kids' eyes. There is a Santa. He just lives inside all of us, instead of at the North Pole.
                                        She did it!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X