This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP: Looking for location of (closed) Sambo's in Hollywood

I am trying to track down the spot where a Sambo's Restaurant once stood in Hollywood.

This particular Sambo's was the location for the film "My Breakfast With Blassie."

The director's commentary states that the location was at "4th & Vermont" but a sign in the background indicates that it was "Wilshire & Vermont."

I have looked around Google Earth (Street Views) but I can't match the intersection and nearby buildings... so.....

I hope there is a SoCal local out there that remembers this place and can tell me where it was and what is there now.

Here are some stills from the movie.

Anyone remember this place?

sigpic
    Check out my podcast: www.drunkondisney.com

Re: HELP: Looking for location of (closed) Sambo's in Hollywood

Can't help you with that one, but a local one to us (San Leandro) has been a Baker's Square since they removed the Sambo's name.

We used to go there quite a bit. It was next to the Gemco, which changed into a Target (non-union Gemco). I still have a couple of their menu's around here somewhere.

Good luck!

Comment

Yeah, the Sambo's I went to was on Brookhurst in Anaheim. Sorry can't help on this one.

Comment

There is a Denny's located at 635 s. Vermont Ave which is just north of Wilshire about 2 blocks down from 4th, its definitely not right on the corner and from Satellite its hard to tell how big the building is to see if it is a separate diner style building.

Most Sambo's locations were turned into other eating establishments that are still there (at least from the ones I know of), but I didnt search Coco's, etc.

A little piece of heaven

Comment

Originally posted by MollyTrolly View Post
          There is a Denny's located at 635 s. Vermont Ave which is just north of Wilshire about 2 blocks down from 4th, its definitely not right on the corner and from Satellite its hard to tell how big the building is to see if it is a separate diner style building.

Most Sambo's locations were turned into other eating establishments that are still there (at least from the ones I know of), but I didnt search Coco's, etc.
          Good call! I spotted the Denny's too, but the Sambo's appears to be on a corner.

Thanks again for all your responses. I hope the answer turns up!

If it is still a restaurant that would be awesome!
          sigpic
          Check out my podcast: www.drunkondisney.com

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X