This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Friday

Anybody doing it? This is the first year ever that I will be going out shopping on that day.

Anyone have a system? Anyone not go?

I found this site that tells you all about the sales happening at most major department stores.

http://bfads.net/

It feeds the itchy planning finger I have. :P

So, what do you do? Sleep, shop, eat, all of the above? Are you one of those people that are camped out in front of your local store at 4am for the best deals?

Dish!

Re: Black Friday

I peruse the black Friday ads on Thanksgiving day while fighting the drowsiness of having a full belly. If there is a good deal on something that I need, I tend to head out to the store when I wake up the next day. I don't sweat it if they are all sold out. I think it helps not to get too worked up over it all and put undue pressure to "be there early" and "buy buy buy."

Comment

I will be sleeping in that day. Get up, do some light sweeping and start putting up decorations. All my shopping was done a month ago, just have a little wrapping left to do. After working at a mall the first 3 years it was open at the Disney Store made me hate shopping after October. I used to pull my hair out when putting the plush mountain back together at the end of the night and having someone destroy it!!!

Good Luck to all who are brave enough to shop on Friday!!

Comment

I'm actually going to be camping out at Best Buy. My mom's computer is about to die so I'm going to get her the $200 on that they are offering.
        Growing older is manditory
        Growing up is however, optional

Comment

I'll probably head to Target. For no real reason. Just habit.

It's nice not needing anything. And I'm determined not to go overboard on the kids this year for Christmas (we're moving the week before), so I think I'll go and enjoy the chaos.

Also I'll go to Fred Meyer because there's a 24-hour Starbucks next door. I love being in that Sbucks with all the crazies. We all smile at each other a little too much before fighting over video games an hour later.

Comment

i stay away from the crowds. there are sales every weekend until christmas but I have done all my shopping. the only one that isn't finished is of course hubby and he will do my christmas shopping a week before christmas. he does it every year. at least he isn't as bad as those that are shopping christmas eve. I did most of mine online this year but then i grew up with sears and penneys catalogs as my mom's best friends so online is just an extention of those.

Comment

Staying home and sleeping is my plan ... that and playing some VMK.

Comment

I have never in my life gone shopping on Black Friday. It has always sounded way too crazy for me. I love sales as much as the next girl, but I prefer my shopping to be organized, uncrowded, and easy.
                Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Comment

I will be out bright an early- I love it. I been practicing kicking old ladies out of the way all week :lol:
                  Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

I won't be going out, never have. But now I've found an excuse, for the past few years I've been participating in Buy Nothing Day

Comment

I went for the first time last year...and it wasn't as horrible as I expected. Will I do it this year, though? All depends what time I go to bed on Thursday.
                      Originally posted by All4dISNEY
                      Words hurt.

Comment

I never even leave the house on Black Friday! I also don't leave the house on the day after Christmas! Too many people, way, way, way too many people!

[email protected]

Andy
                        -
                        What is, is... What is not, is not.

Boom!

I don't ask for much... Just a few little things!

Extra effort yields extraordinary results!

Comment

I will totally be out and about as long as I'm having fun. I only have a list of movies that I'm really looking to pick up from the Target ad.

Comment

Originally posted by CUatDL View Post
                            I never even leave the house on Black Friday! I also don't leave the house on the day after Christmas!
                            Yay for Andy! Stay home people!!

-- Signed, A Retail Worker

Comment

Originally posted by OogieBoogie View Post
                              I'm actually going to be camping out at Best Buy. My mom's computer is about to die so I'm going to get her the $200 on that they are offering.
                              That is a pretty good deal. Hmmm ...

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessY View Post
                                Yay for Andy! Stay home people!!

-- Signed, A Retail Worker
                                It seems to me, that "Retail Workers" should want people to come shopping, no people, no job!!

Yeah, I know. Working retail would not be so bad if it weren't for all those pesky customers )

[email protected]

Andy
                                -
                                What is, is... What is not, is not.

Boom!

I don't ask for much... Just a few little things!

Extra effort yields extraordinary results!

Comment

Originally posted by MTNGIRL View Post
                                  I will totally be out and about as long as I'm having fun. I only have a list of movies that I'm really looking to pick up from the Target ad.

I know right! I saw they had "400" on sale for $5 bucks! It just so happens my honey wants that for Christmas. So I will probably be hitting Target first as well. :P

Comment

I do it every year, although this is the first year I will not need to be anywhere at opening. I was supposed to go to the DIsneyStore at the mall at 3am, but I did some research today and actually was able to save more buying it all online today with the online sale and 25% coupon (and $5 shipping).

I will still be hitting WalMart, Target and Kmart I believe (need to check the list), but none at opening.

ANyone going to best buy please know that they hand out tickets and I bet people will be lining up late Thursday night to get them.

A little piece of heaven

Comment

we went last year and it's not something I enjoyed. this year I will sleep in.

Comment

I've been a bfads.net subscriber for a couple years now. I was able to score my new TV for a great price via one of their "Hotter Than Black Friday" sales they sent out as an email alert.

I plan on hitting the sales later in the day to see what's left. No way am I camping out for anything though. I did last year and froze my butt off.

ANyone going to best buy please know that they hand out tickets and I bet people will be lining up late Thursday night to get them.
                                        More like they'll start camping out tomorrow afternoon.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X