Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Goths Who Go To Disneyland, Then Act All Miserable.

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goths Who Go To Disneyland, Then Act All Miserable.

Funny blog posting

Look at little that goth boy. There he is, in the Magic Kingdom, standing in front of Cinderella's Golden Carousel no less, and yet still he's acting all miserable. I mean for Christ's sake, do these goths never lighten up?
    In fairness, he's only a little kid. Maybe he'll grow out of it. Unlike, say, this man...

... who, judging from the whole 'check-me-the-****-out' nature of his pose, appears to have got Minnie Mouse confused with the bass-player from Nine-Inch Nails. Even his daughter's giving Mickey the ****-eye.
    That's nothing. You haven't seen 'goths-who-go-to-Disneyland-then-act-miserable' until you've seen two dark princesses attempting to look all tormented while riding the MAD HATTER'S ****ING TEA-CUPS!
    Look at them, desperately trying not to have fun. I mean even Death has a laugh on the Tea-Cups.
    If I was a parent going to Disneyland, I'd just leave my goth son/daughter in the car. Let them be moody in the Peugeot while I get my Goofy hat on and head for It's A Small World. Obviously I'd make sure to leave a window open.
    Because remember folks: goths die in hot cars.

originally found at

http://tinythingsihate.blogspot.com/...land-then.html

Re: Goths Who Go To Disneyland, Then Act All Miserable.

Originally posted by phkna View Post
    Because remember folks: goths die in hot cars.
    :lol:

That got me.

But it's gotta little too many '*''s for my taste.
    Code Lee-Oh-Co (Or Jessica, if you want)

Comment

That's probably just how they are. It's a lifestyle. For some it might just be an act, but for others it becomes who they are. You never know. Maybe it's an issue of how to express the joy or fun someone could be feeling at the park.

Comment

Actually, I know that kid in the first picture. He's the son of a friend of mine. The pink-haired girl is his sister. They're definately not miserable. I'm pretty sure he's making that face because there's a lot of adults taking his picture and looking at him judgementally.

I'm going to assume the OP was written with sarcasm. If not, I need to point out that in fact goths are in general the silliest people on the planet.
        Zoe Necrosis
        Chancellor, Yensid's School of Sorcery and Necromancy

Potter Day Lite: Spring 2013!

http://potterday.org

Comment

I think the thing that cracks me up is this is a total 180 from what I've seen at Bat's Day reports. Ironically I see lot of smiles on Bat's Day. )
          Disney and Universal fan for life!...Shocking ain't it?
          Seize the future with X-S! Not Stitch.
          I'm not crazy, now if you will excuse me I have tea time with the ghosts at Haunted Mansion.

Comment

Was this on Bats day?

Comment

Originally posted by Koutesu View Post
              That's probably just how they are. It's a lifestyle.
              Actually for most of them it's not how they are. Most goths drop the act when it's time to get a job and/or live in the real world. It's a phase that some teenagers go through. I mean, yeah, it's stupid, but I assume most will outgrow it.

Goths for life on the other hand is when it gets just sad. Once you're 20 it's time to stop being goth.

Comment

Well part of it I think is the same reason you have anti-capitalism/anti-shopping people out this weekend protesting the shopping. It's part of their thing to be miserable, so they have to go somewhere to show it off.

Comment

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Friends for life

Comment

Never can make them smile can you?
                    HAHA! Come on, you/your parents spent TOO MUCH money for you to be unhappy.

Comment

Wow. These responses make me really sad. No, not sad, just disappointed.

The equivalent here would be if someone posted a magazine article about APers or Micechatters and humorously profiled them as regressive, overweight, underdeveloped, low-brow philistines who refuse to grow up. Once you're an adult you should mature, get over it and stop being into Disney stuff.

And then everyone Spartacus'd with assumptions that they're in general a bunch of anti-intellectuals who probably weren't raised properly and insulate themselves from reality and society and only dig themselves deeper into this hole because they can't integrate themselves into society. Or they'll just get over it eventually when they figure out the error of their ways and come over to our side.

That would be a pretty provincial and unenlightened judgement, don't you think? It's easy to make assumptions about things that are alien to us.
                      Zoe Necrosis

Comment

Originally posted by Zoe Necrosis View Post
                        The equivalent here would be if someone posted a magazine article about APers or Micechatters and humorously profiled them as regressive, overweight, underdeveloped, low-brow philistines who refuse to grow up. Once you're an adult you should mature, get over it and stop being into Disney stuff.
                        Many stereotypes are based in truth.

But trust me, if a goth and I walk into an interview for the same job, I'm getting it because I don't look like a miserable teenager with too much mascara on. Growing out of being goth is more important than growing out of Disney because nobody is going to hire a goth for any position besides Hot Dog on a Stick. You can hide your Disney obsession more easily than you can hide being a gothy loser.

Comment

Aren't the terms "goths" and "acting miserable" suppose to go hand in hand? Regardless of whether they're in D-land or not?

Comment

Originally posted by Pressler69 View Post
                            But trust me, if a goth and I walk into an interview for the same job, I'm getting it because I don't look like a miserable teenager with too much mascara on.
                            Then you'll get the job. And you'll deserve it. But I don't understand how they're hurting you other than making your job opportunities all the more prosperous.

Why should it be of any consequence how they choose to live their lives aesthetically if it's not hurting anyone?
                            Zoe Necrosis

Comment

Then you'll get the job. And you'll deserve it. But I don't understand how they're hurting you other than making your job opportunities all the more prosperous.
                              They are a fun group to make fun of and I'm sure Disneyland fans are a fun group to make fun of. I'm not going to sit here and cry if someone makes fun of me for enjoying Disneyland and I'm not going to refrain from making fun of goths because it might hurt someone's feelings. Boo-hoo, they look ridiculous in public and hate the world. Boo-hoo, Disneyland fans are fat and ugly. I'd recommend everybody grow a thicker skin and get over themselves. The article in the original post is funny. If someone made a similar article, and people have, making fun of Disneyland fans I would laugh at it and myself.

I'm so sick of tolerance. Wahhhhh everybody is special and unique in their own way. You can't make fun of anybody anymore without it becoming a federal case and you have to go meet with the leader of the group you made fun of and apologize for being a human being. Where's King Goth? I'd like to let him know I deeply regret what I said and it won't happen again.
                              Last edited by Pressler69; 11-24-2007, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Wow! The intolerance here is astounding! There is no way I would be or act as a goth, but why the intolerance? Are flamboyant gays and lesbians next? Or is it politically incorrect to be intolerant to alternate lifestyles except goth?

Comment

Originally posted by hirohito View Post
                                  Wow! The intolerance here is astounding! There is no way I would be or act as a goth, but why the intolerance? Are flamboyant gays and lesbians next? Or is it politically incorrect to be intolerant to alternate lifestyles except goth?
                                  No one is above a good ribbing. There's gay gay, which isn't even a lifestyle choice, it's just who you are, and then there's Eye for the Straight Guy gay, which is fair game. If making fun of gays makes you intolerant than my gay friends are the biggest bunch of bigots in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Pressler69 View Post
                                    Boo-hoo, they look ridiculous in public and hate the world.
                                    I agree that everyone should get over themselves and grow a thicker skin. But your assumptions are nonsense. I've known hundreds of these people. I've own my share of manic panic. And I'm here to tell you that I've never met a goth who hated the world. I've known a lot of teenagers who hated the world, however.

A conjecture that many of them look ridiculous, however, is not without merit.
                                    Zoe Necrosis

Comment

I get made fun of for my Disney-love all the time.

I don't mind. It just makes me go, "Yupp! I want to WORK there! HA!"

So what the harm in poking a tiny bit of fun at someone? My goth friends don't mind.
                                      Code Lee-Oh-Co (Or Jessica, if you want)

Comment

But your assumptions are nonsense. I've known hundreds of these people. I've own my share of manic panic. And I'm here to tell you that I've never met a goth who hated the world.
                                        Who cares? I have a goth friend who was one of the nicest guys I ever knew. He eventually grew out of it because he needed to make money. What I said is true. Not every goth is going to be Tim Burton or Marilyn Manson. You are eventually going to have to buckle down, buy a suit, and get to work.

Jeez, it was a funny article but once again the negativity police shows up and kills the party.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X