This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nicest thing you got for Christmas?

What is the nicest Christmas gift someones ever gotten you?

I would have to say a Laptop for me.
    Har har har

Re: Nicest thing you got for Christmas?

That's easy....the gold bracelet my hubby gave me for Christmas one year. I fell in love with it in a shop in Mendocino and he totally surprised me when he gave it to me because I had no idea he'd gone back and bought it. I wear it every single day!

Comment

I got the Rent soundtrack when I was 16 and it was the BIGGEST DEAL EVER ever. When I opened the wrapping paper within minutes my whole neighborhood was hearing it. And my dad was like "I read the lyrics and I don't think some of the content is appropriate for you or the house," and it was a big deal that I got it. Some of the lyrics in "La Vie Boheme," my dad wasn't exactly excited for.

Comment

A few years back, before they were all the rage, my bro in law had one of those 'photo books' made for our family. He'd accompanied us on many of our vacations/excursions so had MANY MANY great photos in the book. I cried.
        Just countin' the days til the next visit!

Comment

I think all I get is nice, if it comes from the heart I can not name one gift.

Comment

Does it count if I buy it for myself?

last year I bought a lap top for myself.

Usually I get cash.

Comment

Originally posted by SCUBAbe View Post
              Does it count if I buy it for myself?

last year I bought a lap top for myself.

Usually I get cash.
              Same here, I got my first Mac laptop last January from Christmas/Hannukkah money
              :love:

Comment

My birth stone ring hubby bought me last chirstmas.. I love it. so beuatiful

Friends for life

Comment

My new TV.

Comment

My cousin took me flying on Christmas 3 Christmases ago. It was so beautiful to see all the lights on for Christmas. It was like Peter Pan's flight when you fly over London but much much better.

Comment

I remember one year when I was about 10, my bday's on the 14th of December. At the time my grandpa worked over seas and traveled a lot so I was upset he was going to miss my birthday and Christmas again. Then in the morning I got called out to the living room and there he was waiting to give me a big hug. Best Christmas gift ever!

Comment

A very pretty lady said that yes, she'd marry me.

Comment

Originally posted by knittingknerd View Post
                          I got the Rent soundtrack when I was 16 and it was the BIGGEST DEAL EVER ever. When I opened the wrapping paper within minutes my whole neighborhood was hearing it. And my dad was like "I read the lyrics and I don't think some of the content is appropriate for you or the house," and it was a big deal that I got it. Some of the lyrics in "La Vie Boheme," my dad wasn't exactly excited for.
                          Oh Gosh the best right?! La vie Boheme is te best. Lol I'm 13 my mom doesn't really mind. :cgrin:

The nicest gift? Maybe the Broadway Tickets to Tarzan. Broadway is the biggest and best thing in my life. So I'll take any broadway tickets. I'll see any show. Hopefully I get to see RENT soon :cgrin:

Comment

About 4 years ago I REALLY wanted an iPOD, at that point did I know anyone who had one, had I ever seen one in real life, was I certain I would use it?.... the answer to all those questions was no.

So it seemed so impractical at the time. Jeremy suprised the heck out of me when I got it because he kept acting like it would be a silly thing to want. It was one of my biggest suprises ever.

Funny how things change...now I know more people who have them than dont. And my first one died a year ago and it was replaced in less than a week. Doesnt seem so silly now does it....

I dont think I have ever been so suprised or excited over a gift. I still remember how happy I was

Comment

my mother and child necklace in 1992 when my son was born, but I think this Disney Christmas trip has to be really close.
                              sigpic

Comment

My job!
                                Good morning, son
                                In twenty years from now
                                Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                                And I can tell you 'bout today
                                And how I picked you up and everything changed
                                It was pain
                                Sunny days and rain
                                I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

I got pregmant one year for Christmas (yes Merry Christmas from the hubby, 9 months of yuckyness, whihc paid off in our beautiful now 2 year old son)

As far as something bought from a store, hubby bought me a video camera a few years back, that was awesome!

A little piece of heaven

Comment

well being this is only the 7th Xmas I've celebrated in my 31 years....the "Best Christmas Gift Ever" slot is still open for me. Mostly it's $5 slippers and $10 gift cards. But no big deal....I'm just happy to have the day off from work! :P

Ta Da!

Comment

Originally posted by Hakuna Makarla View Post
                                      I think all I get is nice, if it comes from the heart I can not name one gift.
                                      Same here for me Karla. Nicely put.

Comment

Three years ago, when money was tight, we agreed to give to the kids vs. each other. He got me Uggs because he knew I really wanted a pair. I would have settled on a knock-off brand, but he bought me the real ones. I cried because I knew how much it meant to him to give them to me and that he secretly saved money for my gift. My toes have stayed warm every winter since. Thanks honey.
                                        My new motto for 2008 - "If you will live like no one else today, later you can live like no one else." - Dave Ramsey.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X