Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Court sends summons to Mickey Mouse (Merged threads)

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court sends summons to Mickey Mouse (Merged threads)

By ARIEL DAVID
    ASSOCIATED PRESS WRITER

ROME -- Your honor, I thought I saw a *****cat! Tweety may finally air his signature complaint in front of a judge, after an Italian court ordered the animated canary along with Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck and his girlfriend Daisy to take the witness stand in a counterfeiting case.
    In what lawyers believe was a clerical error worthy of a Looney Tunes cartoon, a court in Naples sent a summons to the characters ordering them to appear Friday in a trial in the southern Italian city, officials said.
    The court summons cites "Titty, Paperino, Paperina, Topolino" - the Italian names for the characters - as damaged parties in the criminal trial of a Chinese man accused of counterfeiting products of Disney and Warner Bros.
    Instead of naming only the companies and their legal representatives, clerks also wrote in the witness list the names of the cartoons that decorated the toys and gadgets the man had reproduced, said Fiorenza Sorotto, vice president of Disney Company Italia.
    "Unfortunately they cannot show up, as they are residents of Disneyland," Sorotto joked in a telephone interview with The Associated Press. "It certainly pleased us that the characters were considered real, because that's what we try to do."
    The Naples court will have to rewrite the summons, though this will probably delay the trial, said Disney lawyer Cristina Ravelli.
    "Let's hope the characters will not be prosecuted for failing to appear," Ravelli quipped.
    Calls seeking comment from Warner Bros. in Milan were not immediately returned. Phones at the Naples court were not answered on Tuesday afternoon.
    )

Source of article - Copyright­ AP

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

Re: Court sends summons to Mickey Mouse

Priceless...LOL

Comment

roflcopter

Comment

That is just to perfect. I love it!

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

Good to see that legal ineptitude is universal, and unfettered, geographically speaking.

Comment

Ummm...if they don't show, are they in contempt? That sounds like a great Micechat name, "Warrant On Mickey Mouse"

Comment

I saw this on MSN. Awesome! :lol:
              <o>

Comment

I just love that the Italian name for Tweety is... uh... look for yourself.
                sigpic
                Check out my podcast: www.drunkondisney.com

Comment

"S'thunkerin' S'thuckertash!"

Comment

Solamente in Napoli possono succedere queste ca***tte...
                    sigpic

Originally posted by Phonedave
                    Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

Comment

It's a good thing that Mickey, Daisy and Donald have a good Disney attourney to protect their international judicial immunity.

Judging by the way Warner Bros. legal department is remaining mum, it might be a different story for poor Tweety. Will Tweety end up a jail bird? Stay tooned!
                      Last edited by Ride Warrior; 12-04-2007, 03:14 PM.
                      To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Comment

Too funny! :lol: I needed a good laugh today.
                        sigpic

Comment

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!! I can just see Tweety on the stand, "I tot I saw a Mickey Mouse"
                          sigpic"To your left we have a welcome neighbor..... Our GE nuclear powerplant"
                          Carousel of Progress - Progress City

http://videblog-bearride.blogspot.com/

Comment

Court orders Mickey Mouse to take the stand

This made me laugh.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22098167/?GT1=10645

Court orders Tweety, Mickey to take the stand

Lawyers think clerical error to blame for bizarre summons in Naples

Comment

Hilaa-a-a-a-arious, mah darling.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X