Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you're gay, don't be going to Iran!

This is an abridged version of the article I read. So sick:

Global anger grows over teen executions in Iran

International human rights organizations are calling for action to be taken against Iran after officials publicly executed two gay teenagers last week.

The two boys, who were identified only by their initials, were executed for having sex with each other. Homosexuality is illegal under the Sharia law, which allows execution of children as young as 9 years of age.

The teens were also charged with raping a 13-year-old boy, although the majority of news services say this charge has been trumped up by the Iranian state in a bid to avoid international criticism.

Activists believe the boys gave their "confession" after weeks of torture. They were detained and subjected to beatings by local police for up to two weeks before their death.

However, Iran is standing firm on its decision to kill the two young men. Last week, ultraconservative deputy Ali Asgari stated that the punishment "served them right."

Re: If you're gay, don't be going to Iran!

Jeez... if they'd just change that to banishment...

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Comment

you know, for all the troubles we have here in the states, i feel so lucky right now that i can raise my children here. it's so heartbreaking to hear of such pain, hated and repression.
      please be afraid.

Comment

Don't think that our lovely friend in the White House wouldn't do this to us if he could. Remember this is the man that said that he'd love for this country to be a dictatorship because "it'd be easier"!

Comment

4 years passes quickly enough and we can be rid of him.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Comment

omg, when did but say that? i missed that goody of a quote. i can't beliv e he was voted into office again! ahhhhhhh! :bang:

ok, better now, back to our regualry scheduled post...sorry for the derailment
            please be afraid.

Comment

Well, technically he's right about that: dictatorship IS easier.... for a small country. Very inefficient for a large one though.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X