This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What makes you smile? :)

Going off the, "What bothers you?" thread. I figured since we have one for complaints, why not one for things that make your day.

Could be anything from a sound, a sight or a genuinely nice gesture by someone but what things in life do you appreciate.

• I like seeing my daughter grow up, everyday she does something that just wows me.
    • Every time I see my boyfriend Phil he makes my heart skip, even after 4 years of being together and just knowing how lucky I am to have him in my life.
    • A newborn baby - always cute.
    • When perfect strangers say hello as they pass you, no one does that anymore so when they do its always appreciated.
    • I like the way the air smells after a spring rain, it's very rejuvenating!

Re: What makes you smile?

Being with my wife and children.
    HDAlien

-----------------------------------------------------
    "I dream of the day when you can go to a drive through, purchase alcohol, tobacco, and bullets, and use them all before you get home" -- Dogbert

Comment

My mutt... She's annoying as heck 99% of the time, but that 1% I am like "I have the most amazing mutt."

Comment

I was thinking of doing something similar so it's not all negative! Good job!

Thinking of Summer on the TOT! :-D

My cats, they are a lot of fun.

Going to Paris (or seeing a photo of the Eiffel Tower)

Cooking a nice meal

Epcot

Kids who are polite. One teenage guy was with friends, and offered me his seat on the monorail. I normally wouldn't accept, but he seemed to want me to.

Flowers

Unexpected kindness when I don't expect it

My DH replaced my engagement ring (which got sucked up into the vacuum) with a new one for Christmas. Fortunately I'm cheap and both are Moissanite stones, not diamonds. But still, I thought I was going to get cookware or something, so it was a nice surprise.

Taking pictures at night
        Last edited by nbodyhome; 01-16-2008, 06:59 AM.
        Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Originally posted by TDLFAN
        I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
        on Bay Lake.

Comment

Originally posted by nbodyhome View Post
          Thinking of Summer on the TOT! :-D
          My cats, they are a lot of fun.

Right! I forgot about my cat Mimsy! From the moment I get home she follows me everywhere and she usually plops down right in the middle of what I'm doing. She is such a talker too, I swear she was a human in another life because we can have an entire conversation and I'll have no idea what she's talking about. LOL

Who could say no to this face anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by SummerInFL View Post

Right! I forgot about my cat Mimsy! From the moment I get home she follows me everywhere and she usually plops down right in the middle of what I'm doing. She is such a talker too, I swear she was a human in another life because we can have an entire conversation and I'll have no idea what she's talking about. LOL

Who could say no to this face anyway.

Awww, she's really cute! We took ours to the vet last week - one had to be tranquilized just to get her shots (very sensitive to anything outside, she gets very upset easily if not in normal surroundings and people she knows). The other was shaved down quite a bit, and I guess because she's cold she's more needy than usual. I feel like I have an infant.
            Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Comment

*My kids running to me when I get home from work
              *My hubby searching for me when he gets home to give me a kiss
              *Seeing my two kids play well together
              *and today the thing that is making me smile is I only have 100 days left of work (including weekends and holidays of course)!

A little piece of heaven

Comment

My Kids
                Helping someone
                A good joke
                Great music
                Disneyland

Comment

babes
                  Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

Comment

Doing something fun and unexpected for a friend or group of friends and seeing their surprise!
                    "But every night, when it gets dark
                    and the stars come out,
                    I'll look up on her behalf.
                    I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

Comment

When perfect strangers say hello as they pass you, no one does that anymore so when they do its always appreciated.
                      around here this happens all day long. people always open doors for each other and are friendly !

what makes me happy and smile...... my kids when there happy and not trying to kill each other over the remote :lol: when I take them swimming to the ymca and they laugh and scream and do tricks in the water and on the slide. when we go on outings and the have a wonderful time. my kids period !
                      a nice suprise check in the mail
                      a raise
                      my dogs, so sweet and so un delmanding
                      my mom and dad, they are elderly and everything they do make me smile.
                      giving to the poor and to those in need, it always makes me feel good !
                      there is a lot more, but I am off to work again :lol:

Comment

I had the same idea last month.

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...ppy-86036.html

I guess it wasn't as popular as the "bother" thread.
                        Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
                        I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

Comment

Originally posted by mamabot View Post
                          I had the same idea last month.

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...ppy-86036.html

I guess it wasn't as popular as the "bother" thread.

Awww, yeah, you know what they say, "Misery loves company." LOL

My apologizes mamabot, I didn't think to search for it, I know better.

Comment

No problem! I am just glad to know that I am not the only one who likes some happiness to balance out the bitterness. Great minds think alike.
                            Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
                            I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

Comment

I do think people tend to notice the bad more than the good, only because bad is like a sore thumb on a healthy hand. (I shouldn't mention fingers with Summer!)

It's like a plane crash - we don't notice the million planes that land safely, because that is normal. I could probably list a thousand things I really like very quickly, dozens I don't - it's a shorter list, easier to remember! I don't think it's because we always want to talk about negative stuff - it's just "good" is normal and often boring.
                              Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X