Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

January '08 - Resolutions Still Alive???

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January '08 - Resolutions Still Alive???

Usually, it seems, by this point in January, goals and resolutions have inadvertently fallen by the wayside.........so I am asking you - have you kept focus on your goal/resolution? Are your goals and resolutions for 2008 still alive????

Re: January '08 - Resolutions Still Alive???

It's been an hour and a half since I started this thread - so the 'silence' or lack of posts is sadly 'loud and clear' Resolutions and goals can definitely be hard, but like the old addage goes "NO PAIN NO GAIN".

I hope that everyone is on track! And I know we're 2 1/2 weeks into it, but Happy New Year!

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
      It's been an hour and a half since I started this thread - so the 'silence' or lack of posts is sadly 'loud and clear' Resolutions and goals can definitely be hard, but like the old addage goes "NO PAIN NO GAIN".

I hope that everyone is on track! And I know we're 2 1/2 weeks into it, but Happy New Year!

lol yeah.

Comment

I didn't make any.

I did sign up for the Minnie Marathon, I've never run nearly that far (9 miles), so that is my goal for May. I had lost 80 pounds over 4 years, I've gained about 15 last year - so I needed to get motivated to run again (I get very lean very quick that way, but was injured non-running for a few months last year).
        Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Originally posted by TDLFAN
        I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
        on Bay Lake.

Comment

I didn't make a goal, because I new I wouldn't stick to it.
          Har har har

Comment

What is this word, "resolution" that you speak of?

Comment

I always wait a couple weeks. It's less trendy.

I am sticking to a reduced carb/sat fat diet, more fruit and veggies, daily excerise. I'm at my half life point, time to pick up where nature is leaving off.
              Will I stick to it? Eh, I dunno, but I'm motivated to get in shape for DL vacation next month, I'll be on my feet for many, many hours.

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

Comment

so far not too bad.. still eating pretty healthy. havent lost more weight though or started to walk yet.. starting that on monday

Friends for life

Comment

I guess your resolution wasn't to wait long enough to gibe people time to reply to your posts! :lmao:

I don't think I actually made any this year!
                  Good morning, son
                  In twenty years from now
                  Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                  And I can tell you 'bout today
                  And how I picked you up and everything changed
                  It was pain
                  Sunny days and rain
                  I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

I don't make resolutions. My goal prior to the beginning of the new year was to loose 50 pounds. I just started trying last week and so far I'm 4 pounds down.

I'm hoping everyone has stopped trying for their resolutions. the gym is crazy crowded right now. The staff at the gym say it happens every year, but should slow down by march.

Comment

Originally posted by NeverNeverland View Post
                      I guess your resolution wasn't to wait long enough to gibe people time to reply to your posts! :lmao:
                      Oh there was plenty of time. I had begun a few other threads after this one, and those were being answered.....but this one wasn't... :lol:

It's cool........New Years Resolutions are something that we all talk about around New Years - obviously - but I think it's really important that people are goal oriented.....setting goals only propels us forward...and resolutions do the same.....so hopefully, all are successful in their trek into 2008!

Comment

Originally posted by SCUBAbe View Post
                        I don't make resolutions. My goal prior to the beginning of the new year was to loose 50 pounds. I just started trying last week and so far I'm 4 pounds down.

I'm hoping everyone has stopped trying for their resolutions. the gym is crazy crowded right now. The staff at the gym say it happens every year, but should slow down by march.

Dictionary.com defines RESOLUTION as such:
                        a resolve or determination: to make a firm resolution to do something.
                        the act of resolving or determining upon an action or course of action, method, procedure, etc. the mental state or quality of being resolved or resolute; firmness of purpose

Dictionary.com defines GOALS as such:
                        1.the result or achievement toward which effort is directed; aim; end.
                        target; purpose, object, objective, intent, intention. 2. finish.

So, I should think that RESOLUTON and GOALS are quite similar in fact. I hope you don't want people to drop their goals/resolutions.....my goodness. .

Comment

Dictionary.com defines RESOLUTION as such:
                          a resolve or determination: to make a firm resolution to do something.
                          the act of resolving or determining upon an action or course of action, method, procedure, etc. the mental state or quality of being resolved or resolute; firmness of purpose

Dictionary.com defines GOALS as such:
                          1.the result or achievement toward which effort is directed; aim; end.
                          target; purpose, object, objective, intent, intention. 2. finish.

So, I should think that RESOLUTON and GOALS are quite similar in fact. I hope you don't want people to drop their goals/resolutions.....my goodness. .
                          what I meant was it was not a new years resolution. It is a goal I've had for at least 4 months now....and yes I do want people to stop going to the gym when they use all the machines and do not follow the 30 minute rule.

Comment

Originally posted by SCUBAbe View Post
                            what I meant was it was not a new years resolution. It is a goal I've had for at least 4 months now....and yes I do want people to stop going to the gym when they use all the machines and do not follow the 30 minute rule.
                            Gotcha! I understand what you mean. I never want to have someone but the kabbash on resolutions, but then what I understand you are saying, if it was truly important, they would do them when they realize they need to do them and not wait until the New Year - it's sort of double edged. My neighbor quite smoking on 1/1 - and that's a great thing, but he should have stopped way before that - yet I am glad he quit....

And as for the gym people - yeah. Many there...that should be there, and hope that they succeed, but the reality is, they just sit there and hog machines....and don't wipe up their sweat...etc.

I know what you mean...I hope I didn't offend you......

Comment

I know what you mean...I hope I didn't offend you......
                              no offense taken.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X