This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making a comeback

Found this at DCA the other day. I'm putting this in the lounge because it's not about DCA, it's about...

The VIEWMASTER!!!

Tell me that is not just SO awesome that they're back!

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Re: Making a comeback

SA-WEET!!!! Loved the Viewmaster! I had all sorts of stories on the VM!! Nice.
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Originally posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. :love: I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

Comment

Don't call it a come-back. It was never gone.
      "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
      Homer Jay Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by Fishbulb
        Don't call it a come-back. It was never gone.
        LL Fishbulb is right they were never gone. We have two here. But Shawn would LOVE those reels!! Did you happen to see if they sold any of the reels seperately?

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

I did not.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Comment

OMFG!!! I love those! I had tons of them when I was a kiddie! WOAH! I definitely need to get one of those! SUH-WEET!
            Originally posted by drunkmom
            this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

Comment

I remember as a little kid, seeing racks upon racks of the Viewmaster discs available everywhere we went, especially Disneyland. I know that I owned at least a few disney related ones. I really wish I would have held on to them.
              "How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?"
              - Satchel Paige

Comment

This Is one of the greatest Toy inventions of all time. Star Trek, Disney , and many others I had as a kid love it, thanks Morrigoon for sharing.
                1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

Originally posted by TicTocDragon
                  This Is one of the greatest Toy inventions of all time. Star Trek, Disney , and many others I had as a kid love it, thanks Morrigoon for sharing.
                  :ot: Hey Tic Toc did you get your DVD's from Costco??

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

:ot:
                    No, But I did get a sweet laptop!!
                    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

Originally posted by TicTocDragon
                      :ot:
                      No, But I did get a sweet laptop!!
                      :ot: Color me JEALOUS!!! :crybye:

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Aww... I shouldn't have thrown out all my old Viewmaster reels... I had some sweet ones of Michael Jackson's Thriller. Although I was like four, and I had no clue what Thriller was, but the Viewmasters of him turning into a monster scared the holy mother out of me when I was but a wee lassie.
                        Member of the Disney Class of 2005
                        Disneyland CM for 4 years.
                        May 6, 2005 - present.

Comment

Yeah, they never really went away. They are awesome! The few I have looked at look even more new and improved than the ones when we were little. The 3D is even better!
                          �In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.� -Michael Jackson

Comment

Ive stated this before, I still have all of my ViewMaster reels and the viewer (although it doesnt turn on its own and lock, ya gotta hold it with your finger) from the early 70's. It was such an escape for me to go into this 3-D world and see the little "mini movies". Whenever I clean out my closets and find the container with them I inevitably spend hours going through them all, from my Tomorrowland ones, to the Busch Gardens Van Nuys ones, to the American Landmarks one. Such fond memoris.

Comment

Just an FYI this viewmaster being sold at Disneyland Resort has three reels, and if I am not mistaken they were mostly all (if not all) pictures of Walt Disney World.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X