Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

Your Reviews On The Following Hondas:

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Reviews On The Following Hondas:

Hi Everyone,
    My car was recently hit and totaled by a kid with a plastic bag over his window - so here I am once again looking at cars. Another Honda is what I've been looking at so I wanted your opinions on the following vehicles:

2008 Honda Element:

Honda Fit Sport :

Honda CR-V:

Note: In my next car I want maximum safety and good mileage. Any suggestions would be great
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

Re: Your Reviews On The Following Hondas:

Element - quirky

Fit - economical

Civic - practical

All are suppose to be good vehicles. I've heard really good things about the Fit in spite of it being small. The Civic of course is usually always great. And the Element is, well, the Element :lol:

Depends on how much ya wanna spend, and what size you need and/or are looking for.

Comment

Civic is probably the way to go, I agree with ONut. We had a Odessey and loved it. It got good gas mileage for a car that seated 8. I still wonder why my wife sold ours.

Comment

We were looking at a Fit before Bree bought her xB. The fit was too small and rough of a ride. it would be perfect for a young single person, but we were considering a family in our future. They were also charging a 10% premium for the car when she was looking. I refuse to pay 10% over sticker for any car.
        Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

Comment

I heard the Civic is great. Be warned: I (and I know others) find it ironic if you're bigger driving a Fit.

Comment

Originally posted by aashee View Post
            Civic is probably the way to go, I agree with ONut. We had a Odessey and loved it. It got good gas mileage for a car that seated 8. I still wonder why my wife sold ours.
            Um, because it was a mini-van? :yuck:

I've had two Accords and my husband has had two Civics. My parents drive Accords and so does my brother in-law. My inlaws have an Accord and an Acura.

You can't go wrong with a Honda or an Acura. Have fun shopping!

Comment

I love my Element, but it only gets about 20 mpg, which makes me sad.It's a good thing I don't have to go too far for work. On the other side of that, it is a low emissions vehicle, so that makes me feel a little bit better. We have driven it out to Colorado and up to Oregon and it's an excellent road trip car.

Another downside- it only seats 4. It works for us though, because there's only 3 in our family.
              A signature should go here.

Comment

Thanks everyone - I am going to test drive a Fit and Civic - I didn't realize a Element only held 4 people! Your suggestions are great
                "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

I've owned 2 Civics, 2 Accords, a CRX and an Odyssey and have loved all of them. Good luck!

Comment

We have the Honda Element EX AWD. I'm about to sell it. I mainly bought this car to hall my outdoor gear around and camp.

The downside is the handling on turns and extreme winds. It's basically a CR-V in a box. The stereo is really nice with the subwoofer and small speakers. Mp3 hookup is convenient.

I'm on my Third windshield. :botox:

Luckily, after a class action lawsuit that the 03's and 04's had an issue where they cracked in the same spot. (Not started by us) We were able to recover the cost and labor from the first two. When it has a big load going up hill with 4 passengers, it tends to bogg down.

I have never had a mechanical problem with this car, it just goes and goes.

2008's might be better though. The Element SC looks fun, but it's meant for city driving.

My wife has a Pilot, she loves it. No problems at all with this vehicle either.
                    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

:wave: Hi!! If you're still shopping here's MHO: We have a '97 CRV. Totally love it and we're pretty hard on vehicles. My spousal unit is 6'5" and he rides and drives in it more comfortably than the Pathfinder where he bumps his head and can't extend his legs much. We spend tons of time on back roads throughout the southwest many of which are 4WD and except for some where you end up boulder hopping we have never had a problem. It snows here and the roads turn to glass so the AWD is excellent! We've had 5 adults in the car, granted the fat broads were in the front, and everyone was comfy. It gets good mileage.......at least 20 in town and maybe around 25 or more long distance. We maintain it regularly and it just keeps on truckin'!!! My husband says we bought a picnic table and the car came with it since it has the fold out table in the back. Oh one more thing........the spare tire in the back is really handy in rear end collisions! At least once each winter some moron ends up not realizing they need to SLOW DOWN on the icy, snow packed streets and smacks into us. The tire seems to take most of the impact with little to no damage. Hope this helps!
                      sigpicDisneyBroad54

Comment

I loved my Civic, wish I'd never sold it. Great gas mileage and it was super reliable.

Comment

Originally posted by TicTocDragon View Post
                          I'm on my Third windshield. :botox:

Luckily, after a class action lawsuit that the 03's and 04's had an issue where they cracked in the same spot.
                          You know, I should take mine in. I thought I had a chip in mine, like a round spot where maybe it got hit, but it's totally smooth on the surface inside and out, so it's like an inside the glass thing. It's weird.
                          A signature should go here.

Comment

Well, I'm still shopping and a Civic sounds more reliable out of all the ones so far...

I am possibly going to look at a Toyota Camry too...I've had one in the past and it currently has 300,141 miles on it and is still running strong - my dad has been driving it lately though.

Another possibility is an Acura - I have multiple family members that own an Acura TL and LOVE it!

Thanks for your suggestions - I will be still looking for a while I believe.

Comment

My mom has a Camry and a Scion (don't ask why an 82 year old woman needs 2 cars; she just likes having a back-up when she misplaces her keys, which happens surprisingly regularly) and both are reliable.

Gas mileage is much better with the Scion than the Camry, obviously. But having experience with both Toyota and Honda, I'd recommend the Civic first.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X