This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Can Make You Thin! -TLC Program

I watched the first episode last night and what this guy said makes so much sense!

http://tlc.discovery.com/tv/make-you...-you-thin.html

I've tried and failed at so many diets and this is the first one that I went, "Huh, well that's a definite switch."

I like his methods, I'm trying them out for the course of the show, I'll let you know how it works out for me but I thought I would share it here.

Re: I Can Make You Thin! -TLC Program

Paul McKenna!!!!

He's brilliant!
    That series was on over here last year or the year before...
    I think he's good!

Disneyland: 1998, 2005

Disneyland Paris: 1992, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011

Comment

I watched it the other night too. A lot of what he said I heard in a weight training course I took in college awhile back. I'll be watching.

Comment

Ah man! I wanted to watch that and I missed it!
        Rally Rat, Oh how I've missed thee!

Comment

I am just interested to see if anyone on this site who follows his advice has any success. It's one thing when someone on the show has success. It's another when someone on the site does. Makes it more real.

Comment

Originally posted by Melonballer View Post
            I am just interested to see if anyone on this site who follows his advice has any success. It's one thing when someone on the show has success. It's another when someone on the site does. Makes it more real.

I'll let you know in 5 weeks. So far, I've thrown away food at every meal, I've never done that before.

I like that he's non traditional and what is he saying is just logical, no gimmicks, no added attractions, just make a few psychological tweaks to how you view food and see what happens.

Comment

I'm interested in seeing what he says about getting motivated to exercise. That is more my problem than the food is.

Comment

I wish you lots of luck on this, Summer. I also need to lose quite a few pounds and can't seem to do it on my own.

Comment

I'm interested in seeing what he says about getting motivated to exercise. That is more my problem than the food is.

I think Nike 's got the best advice on exercise: Just Do It!

Once you get going, you'll be hooked. Put on your sneakers and start walking or go to the gym even if you don't feel like it. I guarantee that within about 5 minutes , you'll be fine.

Summer...hope this TLC program works for you. I have to get ready for work right now, but I want to hear more about it later!

Comment

So what were the "4 Golden Rules"?

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessY View Post
                      So what were the "4 Golden Rules"?
                      1. When you are hungry, eat!
                      2. Eat what you want, not what you think you should.
                      3. Eat consciously and enjoy every mouthful. When you sit down to eat, don't do anything else, no TV, Internet, Reading etc.. and take a bite and then set down the fork. Then chew your food 20 times, really enjoying the flavor. Rinse, repeat. (I have really been enjoying this and discovering some foods that I thought I really enjoyed, I don't really like the taste. LOL)
                      4. When you think you are full, STOP eating.

He also said to gage how you feel on The Hunger Scale.

1. Physically Faint
                      2. Ravenous
                      3. Fairly hungry.
                      4. Slightly hungry.
                      5. Neutral.
                      6. Pleasantly satisfied.
                      7. Full
                      8. Stuffed
                      9. Bloated
                      10. Nauseous

On the show last night, he said you want to keep yourself between 3-7 and avoid the reds all together. I freely admit, I'm usually around 8 or 9 when I eat. :blush:

He also gave us two assignments to do for the first week.

1. Go into your kitchen and throw away any food that doesn't inspire you.
                      2. Make a list of your top 5 things that you enjoy eating and next time you go grocery shopping, add those items to your shopping list.

Next week is "Emotional Eating and how to Overcome It".

Comment

You know I went to Big 5 (sporting goods store) and bought a bench/weight combo. Along with my Joyce Vedral DVD, it keeps me working out 6 days a week. The trick is to find something physical you enjoy doing.

I found I really liked the Joyce Vedral DVD because you use three different sets of weights and up the weight once you get accustomed to it. Plus, one day is upper and the other lower so there is a variety. Along with this she advises to do 30 minutes of any aerobic activity.

Another thing I do is park on the 5th floor of my parking structure and take the stairs up and down.

Comment

The best motivation I found for myself was to look at the difference between older people who are active as compared to older people who are not.

Then decide which category you want to see yourself in when you age.

I realized I didn't want to be the little old, hunched over, walker user lady that I see a lot.
                          I want to be as active as I possibly can for as long as I can.

That's what got me moving.

Comment

I hope this works for you Summer...maybe I should tune in next time!!
                            :ap: AP Holder. :ap:
                            Stay at home mom of 4 - Austin, Tyler, Sierra and Ashlyn.

Comment

Originally posted by SummerInFL View Post
                              1. When you are hungry, eat!
                              2. Eat what you want, not what you think you should.
                              3. Eat consciously and enjoy every mouthful. When you sit down to eat, don't do anything else, no TV, Internet, Reading etc.. and take a bite and then set down the fork. Then chew your food 20 times, really enjoying the flavor. Rinse, repeat.
                              4. When you think you are full, STOP eating.
                              that's the exact same thing my doctor gave to me. I think it's must be a common thought in the medical field.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X