This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Navy wants to ruin my fun at Disneyland =/

I just got a phone call from the Navy and they sort of scheduled themselves an appointment on Thursday about college or something, but i was planning on going to DL on Thursday!!!!!!!!!!!!!! does anybody know the number so i can call them back and reschedule? I know its a 714 number!!!

Re: The Navy wants to ruin my fun at Disneyland =/

Originally posted by k_peek_2000 View Post
    I just got a phone call from the Navy and they sort of scheduled themselves an appointment on Thursday about college or something, but i was planning on going to DL on Thursday!!!!!!!!!!!!!! does anybody know the number so i can call them back and reschedule? I know its a 714 number!!!
    I guess it all depends, if you're thinking of enlisting, you could put in your ZIP Code here and try the number that pops up. If they're trying to recruit you, you're under no obligation to show up, of course.

If you're an enlisted member/officer, I really don't think you can do anything about it. Short of being hit for insubordination.

Comment

They say they want to help us with College but we already have our plans for that.

Comment

So have you signed up to have them help you out with College or are they taking it upon themselves to help out?

Comment

Originally posted by Alice's Wonderland View Post
          So have you signed up to have them help you out with College or are they taking it upon themselves to help out?
          They've called pretty much every student at my school to try to help out.

Comment

Well if you don't want their help, I don't see why you have to go to their appointment.

Comment

Unless you plan on joining, I doubt you're getting much help from them.

Comment

I'm a little confused..
                Are you in the Navy? Or is this a call trying to get you to enlist.
                If you answered yes to choice two, then you have no obligation to go.

Comment

Help out with college = ROTC. They want you to join up. If you are interested in becoming a commissioned office in the Navy, then talk to them. This is recruitment, so it is highly unlikely that this is a one time deal.

Comment

They called for my daughter also. My mother answered and told them off. My daughter skipped a grade and when they called she was only 16. I think they may be a bit desperate for enlistments.

Comment

yeah, it's just a recruiter. Nothing you HAVE to do.

Comment

Enjoy your day at DL!!!

IF, you are interested, then they can visit you on YOUR terms... Them doing that is just a technique to get their own quota numbers rollin'
                        Three-time MVP Larry Bird, noting that Bryant has been the NBA's premier player for years, told Sports Illustrated's Dan Patrick before this week's announcement, "When someone told me the other day that Kobe hadn't won an MVP trophy, it sort of made me feel like I wanted to throw mine away."

Comment

Dude back in my day they would call constantly if you did well on your ASVAB. Did you take that yet? Just tell them you're not interested and if they hassle you there has to be something you have they don't like (flat feet is a big one, breathing issues, some allergy). Not saying lie though. Have fun at Disneyland!

Comment

Originally posted by knittingknerd View Post
                            Dude back in my day they would call constantly if you did well on your ASVAB. Did you take that yet? Just tell them you're not interested and if they hassle you there has to be something you have they don't like (flat feet is a big one, breathing issues, some allergy). Not saying lie though. Have fun at Disneyland!

Thats what happened to me too! I told them I was flat footed and would rather play basketball on national TV...they stopped calling after the 19th time I told them I'd call the attorney general if they didn't stop.

They stopped.
                            Three-time MVP Larry Bird, noting that Bryant has been the NBA's premier player for years, told Sports Illustrated's Dan Patrick before this week's announcement, "When someone told me the other day that Kobe hadn't won an MVP trophy, it sort of made me feel like I wanted to throw mine away."

Comment

Go to Disneyland. I used to get calls from recruiters CONSTANTLY.....when I registered for the Draft when I was 18 in 1989 - seemed like they called quite often after that. I finally just told them I wasn't interested......and to stop calling me.

They stopped.

Again - go enjoy your day at Disneyland!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X