X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOW!! free wireless internet!

http://www.google.com/tisp/press.html

Google announces free in-home wireless broadband service

"Dark porcelain" project offers self-installed plumbing-based Internet access

"We've got that whole organizing-the-world's-information thing more or less under control," said Google Co-founder and President Larry Page, a longtime supporter of so-called "dark porcelain" research and development. "What's interesting, though, is how many different modalities there are for actually getting that information to you - not to mention from you."
    For years, data carriers have confronted the "last hundred yards" problem for delivering data from local networks into individual homes. Now Google has successfully devised a "last hundred smelly yards" solution that takes advantage of preexisting plumbing and sewage systems and their related hydraulic data-transmission capabilities. "There's actually a thriving little underground community that's been studying this exact solution for a long time," says Page. "And today our Toilet ISP team is pleased to be leading the way through the sewers, up out of your toilet and - splat - right onto your PC."

"I couldn't be more excited about, and am only slightly grossed out by, this remarkable new product," said Marissa Mayer, Google's Vice President of Search Products and User Experience. "I firmly believe TiSP will be a breakthrough product, particularly for those users who, like Larry himself, do much of their best thinking in the bathroom."
    Interested consumers, contractually obligated partners and deeply skeptical and quietly competitive backbiters can learn more about TiSP at http://www.google.com/tisp/install.html.

Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    Tassie, I found a quote for ya :lol:!

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

Charles M. Schulz
    Originally Posted by MWalton
    :lol: Did the pages take that long to reach around to your part of the world?!? :lol:

Re: WOW!! free wireless internet!

Har ... Har ... Har ...

I think they "released" their press-release a day too early.

Comment

this is how it works!

http://www.google.com/tisp/install.html

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

Charles M. Schulz
      :lol: Did the pages take that long to reach around to your part of the world?!? :lol:

Comment

It's the first already in Australia isn't it?

Comment

Why is TiSP in beta?
          When things go wrong with TiSP, they go very, very wrong. Let's leave it at that.

Comment

Originally posted by DarthDucky View Post
            It's the first already in Australia isn't it?
            Yes it is! See, Tassie's giving us a sneek peek and the newest technology!! Ohhhh thanks so much Tassie!!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
            all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

Oooo that's really awesome!
              "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

this was from last year...check the date-MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., April 1, 2007 - Google Inc.

Comment

yes but people are still falling for it...
                  Is this haunted signature
                  actually
                  stretching?

Or is it your imagination, hmm?
                  Rockin' Lady Adelade of Random
                  also known as...
                  Dominatrix of Randomness

Comment

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
                    Har ... Har ... Har ...

I think they "released" their press-release a day too early.

Nope. Crazy little thing called the International Date Line.

The Americas are always the last to enjoy the current day.

Funny stuff Tassie. I'd wonder who'd be foolish enough to actually believe it....

Comment

Originally posted by RonNYC View Post
                      Nope. Crazy little thing called the International Date Line.

The Americas are always the last to enjoy the current day.

Funny stuff Tassie. I'd wonder who'd be foolish enough to actually believe it....

I posted this a couple of years ago and sooooo many people believed it....it was SOOOO funny!!

VATICAN CITY, APRIL 1 -- Oprah Winfrey has been declared the fourth person of the Trinity, according to an astonishing new theological agreement hammered out by the world's major Christian denominations. Along with the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, the popular talk show host will be recognized as one person in the sacred and indivisible unity of the Godhead--or Quadhead, as the updated Trinity will now be called.

http://www.beliefnet.com/story/143/story_14315_1.html

Charles M. Schulz

Comment

:lol:

I don't doubt it though. With the way some people treat her with such reverence here in the States I'm not surprised.

Personally, I think her charitable works are quite noble but I can't stand watching her show. Many years ago she was a great talk show host, but now she comes across as completely phony in her intent.

Comment

I remember seeing this last year.

Comment

Bleh, April Fools day.
                            Good morning, son
                            In twenty years from now
                            Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                            And I can tell you 'bout today
                            And how I picked you up and everything changed
                            It was pain
                            Sunny days and rain
                            I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

I still crack up whenever I se the installation picture. I love the Google technician wearing the mask and snorkel with "PHD" on his lab coat.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X