This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP our kitty Precious

Our beloved Kitty, Precious, was put to sleep today after suffering for a bit. He had suffered a stroke yesterday and had continued to lose weight as well as eating little, if at all at times.

He was (we think) 18-19 years old and survived very much, such as opossum bites to his leg, a hole in his head, wandering away for over 6 weeks and finding his way home (when he ended up losing much weight and never really the same), and even moving cross-country.

He was found in our old backyard beneath the woodpile and loved cheese. He was a very active and very vocal cat for many, many years. He loved to hunt and leave us 'gifts', usually on holidays or birthdays. One of my brothers proclaimed it was 'his cat' because he found it when chasing after a baseball, and now that brother is overseas for 2 more months, missing his cat.

At his best, he weighed up to 14lbs and would sleep pretty much wherever he pleased. He was a smart cat and learned to use the doggie door by watching the dog.

May he chase and capture all the mice and moles he wishes in kitty heaven.

Precious will be missed.

Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

Re: RIP our kitty Precious

Comment

I'm sorry about the loss of your kitty. He really is precious. :gladsad:
      ♥ "Don't care about all the pain in front of me
      'Cause I'm just trying to be happy." ♥

sigpic

Comment

awe, I'm sorry. :ghug:

Comment

:crybye: sorry to hear, pets are truly family members and we miss them so much.

Comment

Precious was a very beautiful cat. It is very hard to lose a cat (or any animal), I know. My thoughts are with you.
            sigpic

Comment

I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved Precious. You gave a touching life story eulogy and I can see that he was much loved by all.

Comment

Sorry Joshrz.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your cat. Sounds like he was a wonderful pet.
                  My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

Comment

So sorry to hear about any beloved pet passing on. You will meet again though at the Rainbow Bridge where all passed pets wait for you to arrive.
                    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Comment

I'm so sorry Audrey!! May he be really happy in Kitty heaven.

Comment

What a beautiful cat. I am so sorry. :ghug:

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your kitty, Precious. Pet loss is so difficult and I wish you well.

Comment

What a handsome boy he was. I love the photo of him with his pup sibling.

All good thoughts to you as you deal with the loss of your sweet kitten.

Lu
                            "Not Carnegie, Vanderbilt, and Astor together could have
                            raised money enough to buy a quarter share in my little dog."

� Ernest Thompson Seton

Comment

Sorry to hear about Precious. He was a beautiful kitty.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X