This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Karma......friend or foe?

Do you have any good "what goes around, comes around" stories??

Do you have any "Bwahahaha, that's what you get!!" stories???

I have a happy one....it's not a big deal, but it was awesome at the time. It's not like I donated bone marrow and then won the lottery. No.

I have a best friend from high school named Dawn who is the world's sweetest person. She's funny without being sarcastic, thoughtful without thinking about it, kind, warm, basically wonderful. I'm lucky to have her and to always have had her. She's had a rough few years trying to get pregnant....her need/want for a baby is so over-whelming that it's heartbreaking. If anyone deserves to be a mother it's her.

No, she didn't get pregnant, and no one gave her a baby. This particular story is not that good.

Dawn and I love live music and we go see different shows all the time: smoky clubs, arena concerts, outdoor venues, etc. We're into a little bit of everything, but tend to prefer singer-songwriters. A guy with a guitar and big voice and we're there.

She has one favorite song, Don't Dream It's Over by Crowded House, so when the Finn Brothers were touring last year, we bought tickets right away. We were among the youngest at the concert :lol: which was a rare treat......and the show was okay. But they didn't perform a single Crowded House song and only sang one Split Enz song. Dawn was crushed....but didn't complain.

Dawn has one other passion besides Don't Dream It's Over (she is obsessed with the song....has been since I met the girl), and his name is Howie Day. I love him, too, don't get me wrong, but she LOOOOOOOOVES him.

We saw him last night at the same place we saw the Finn Brothers last year....our sixth time seeing him.....and he always does at least one cover song. Last year he did One by U2 and looped it and made it last about 15 minutes. It was incredible.

Last night......he said, "I'm doing one cover song tonight, I hope you like it."

And he sang Don't Dream It's Over. It was beautiful. Dawn cried the whole time. I've been smiling ever since. It was just a beautiful couple of minutes and I think the goooood feelings will last a while. Dawn called me when she got to work at 8 a.m. and said, "I'm still alternating between tearing up and beaming, I'm SO happpppy!!!!!"

It's been awhile since I saw her so happy.

Re: Karma......friend or foe?

I'll just tell one "That's what you get" story.

I used to live in a small town that was socially run by a small-town minded Nazi chick who had never moved from the small town. She was born and raised there, got married on her 18th birthday and had a baby before she turned 19. She had three kids, two of whom were similar in age to my kids, so I had to deal with her at our elementary school and our preschool.

Long story short, she made it impossible for me to be happy in that town. It was a really groupthink set of women (who probably wouldn't be that way if they weren't in that particular town for so long) and they somehow let this woman become their ruler. No one did anything without her approval.

It drove me nuts....I pulled away from the "group." There wasn't a "group" when I first started to get to know these people...it was just individuals with kids of a similar age. But it got all icky. She'd start rumors about people, try to swing the votes at the PTA, at the preschool, was the Bunco boss, and was starting a book group, but was only going to vote people into it. People she personally approved of.

Right before we moved she was busted for shop-lifting. :evil: That was over two years ago, and it still makes me smile. Apparently, she was like this store's Moby Dick, they'd been waiting to get her for some time. She got busted with a ham in her purse. :lmao: That part actually makes me giggle.

How about you?

Comment

Disguy loves Karma... it's his friend, ask him.
      Nevermind his Karma credit card is maxed out and the payment is overdue!

Last night, Karma hit me and fast. I was making fun of some lady selecting chips... I turned the corner and BAM... I hit the food display. OOPS!
      ...it's been a long time.

Comment

This one time, I was at Disneyland, and my friend started to tell me a story I didn't want to hear. And then she kept going and I started to cry.:gladsad: She felt really bad and I got over it. But then we were on the Storybook Land boat and she saw a spider (which she really hates) and then the CM started telling all these spider stories and other people in the boat were telling them too. And she was all freaked out the whole time. So, karma is a bee-yotch!! I got a litte revenge and I didn't even say anything!!:angel: :ap: :squeeze:
        Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
        FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
        I bring the magic!!!
        "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
        Originally posted by Reverend DMother
        Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. :love: I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

Comment

I generally sit back and watch karma unfold on people. Karma's a major beeyotch who has gotten me a few times so I've learned to watch out for her. Now I get to enjoy other people's miseries.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy4
            This one time, I was at Disneyland, and my friend started to tell me a story I didn't want to hear. And then she kept going and I started to cry.:gladsad: She felt really bad and I got over it. But then we were on the Storybook Land boat and she saw a spider (which she really hates) and then the CM started telling all these spider stories and other people in the boat were telling them too. And she was all freaked out the whole time. So, karma is a bee-yotch!! I got a litte revenge and I didn't even say anything!!:angel: :ap: :squeeze:
            Gosh, your friend sounds fabulous and gorgeous. Keep her!! :lol:

I will never ever be able to live that one down. I suck. :blush:

Comment

Originally posted by HiddenMickey
              Disguy loves Karma... it's his friend, ask him.
              Nevermind his Karma credit card is maxed out and the payment is overdue!
              I can imagine. I want to be there when payment is collected. :evil: How fun!!! :lmao: Wheeeeeeeeeee!!!! Are there stories that can be told on this board???

Comment

Patience my dear, I'm working on some stories (edited for the board of course) :razz:

Comment

I had a good one at work a few weeks ago. When I was working crowd control at Cirque de la Mer, during the preshow, one girl (maybe 16 years old) proceeded to just step over our ropes (more like nets) to walk through a closed area. She just stepped over it like it wasn't there! We stopped her and asked her to go around and she pitched a fit and argued with us like crazy. Finally, in a huff, she turned and stormed off. As she stomped up the stairs, she slipped and fell on her face. :lol:
                  "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by stinkerbell
                      Gosh, your friend sounds fabulous and gorgeous. Keep her!! :lol:

I will never ever be able to live that one down. I suck. :blush:
                      Thanks, I think I will keep her!!

Live what down? Did that happen to you or something?
                      Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
                      FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
                      I bring the magic!!!
                      "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
                      Originally posted by Reverend DMother
                      Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. :love: I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

Comment

:lmao: That's awesome. :lmao: All of it.

And I'm shocked that anyone would think that you have to have things your way, Disguy. Wha???? :lol:

My sister got caught trash talking once. We were at this bar and she's regaling a group of us with an imitation of a frenemy of hers from work. I'd never met this person, and I'm laughing....we're all laughing.....doing this imitation of my sister imitating this woman.

Who was standing next to us.

:blink:

My sister was mortified. She was SO red in the face. We were all dying. :lol:

Thankfully, my sister had to work with her for only a few more days, as she was in her last two weeks there, but when she got to work on Monday, everyone knew what she had done.

And they were all high fiving her. But that woman hates my sister. :lmao:

Comment

My husband has instant karma. I find it hilarious. For example:
                          He had to go get something from my sisters house one day. He let himslef in because he thought no one was home, but my niece and her friend was..they are both teenagers. So he thought he would scare them. He stood at the top of the sairs and they were at the bottom of them on the couch. It is only like four steps so he jumped down them all...so it would freak them out. Only...when he jumped he hit the beam above the steps with his head and knocked himself out! Very breifly...but still... :lol:
                          Next time he was teasing a bunch of teenagers and went around the side of the house to disconnect the cable for the tv. As soon as he pulled it out...a bunch of bees flew out of nowhere and stung him. Like 6 times!
                          He has the worst karma ever. There are so many more stories hah.. too many to recount.

Comment

I think karma plauges me. Usually I 'get what I wished for'...whether that's good or bad.......usually bad.
                            Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
                            Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
                            Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
                            Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
                            Marge: Pink.
                            Homer: D'oh!
                            Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

Comment

Karma seems to avoid me for the most part...so I don't have any good stories to tell (pout...I love telling stories...it's getting me to shut-up that's hard )

but I love watching Karma bite other people in the butt....does that make me a bad person? If so I guess I'm in good company anyway.
                              procrastibating

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X