This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• very disturbing song and clip

we have this comedian here, and I use the term comedian loosley. He has several TV shows where he plays many different people from girls to teachers to asian, you name it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Summer_Heights_High

well, now he has released a song that is played on the radio and the film clip is shown on commercial free to air TV in timeslots that children can watch, like saturday morning music programs

Be warned it has STRONG drug references, children supposedly using acohol. it's supposed to be about a girl who actually lost her life to an overdose.

the song reached number 5 on the Australian charts!!

I'm so shocked and can't believe that they are allowed to still show the clip OR play the song..
    it's just SICK!!

if you want to see the clip I'm talking about, it's on youtube. the songs called naughty girl

Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    Tassie, I found a quote for ya :lol:!

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

Charles M. Schulz
    Originally Posted by MWalton
    :lol: Did the pages take that long to reach around to your part of the world?!? :lol:

Re: very disturbing song and clip

I've heard and seen the remixes and different versions...

I'm not understanding exactly what your objection is.

sigpic

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

Comment

there are small chidren singing in the clip about drugs, it shows two girls drinking from alcohol bottles (I hope it was only water in it) and kids, like my 10 year old thinking that it's a great song

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

Charles M. Schulz
      :lol: Did the pages take that long to reach around to your part of the world?!? :lol:

Comment

Oh...

I suppose what we worry about as parents is relative to where we live. I worried my kids would get shot or beaten to death.

By comparison - this song and its by-products seem harmless to me.

sigpic

Comment

here's the youtube link

tell me what YOU think

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pf66M...eature=related

Charles M. Schulz

Comment

Sure - I've seen it - and I'm not that concerned. There are much worse things they could be doing than parodying a parody of bad behavior.

This is not to diminish your concern - you are more than entitled to any outrage you feel. It's just from my POV I see it as harmless when compared with what goes on in my neighborhood each and every day.

sigpic

Comment

I have to agree with Sambo. It does seem quite harmless, I have run across that video before. I did not think much of it.

Don't worry tassie, that song will most likely be forgotten, within coming months
              Har har har

Comment

Originally posted by garbear View Post
                ...Don't worry tassie, that song will most likely be forgotten, within coming months
                Most likely so!

sigpic

Comment

Well, at least in this song you know exactly what they are singing about, up front. Most music that kids go around singing is totally inappropriate these days. I was shocked at a wedding to see a bunch of little girls dancing and singing "Dontcha" by the *****cat Dolls. They all knew the words, but I'm sure they didn't understand what they were saying. That presents a worse image to me, the over-sexualization part.
                  A signature should go here.

Comment

As an educator and child advocate, IMHO it is troubling. I am a little confused though..........was the video made because the kids like the song so they sent their own versions in to the comedian? Then did they comedian send it to uTube? I don't like to see a kid with Down Syndrome singing about the subject matter in the video. I work with kids from age 7 to 16. I know they listen to and like music with lyrics that we, as adults, feel is inappropriate. Maybe they have a differently developed sense of humor and don't take it as seriously as we do. To see children that little singing about the drug bothers me as well. Isn't Ecstasy the "date rape" drug? Nice. Not sure why someone would make a video like that with their child in it. Also would wonder if the parents know their child is on the internet. As an educator, I am continually amazed at what parents find acceptable behavior for their children which includes the food kids eat, movies/tv they watch, and video games they allow them to play. Then they wonder why their child is beyond their control at some point. So, yes..........it seems to me to be inappropriate especially for some of the kids involved. :thumbdown
                    sigpicDisneyBroad54

Comment

I agree, 100%. What parent thinks that having their kid sing about Ecstacy is funny? Let alone recording it and having it on the internet? I don't get it.

Comment

i glad i'm not the only one, and those boys are like FIVE!!! I don't think that "fans" sent the clips in...who would record their five year old singing THAT??? and the girls with the bottles of alcohol are about eight. So it's OK to give your 8 year old daughter a bottle of alcohol (regardless of what's actually IN the bottle) and say "here, pretend your drunk so I can record it and send it to mr G".
                        Apparently the song is based on a real girl who died from taking the drug.
                        Oh, and some of the words might seem harmless to you guys but not over here, like this one
                        http://au.answers.yahoo.com/answers2...0012847AAfQ0dB

just let me say, the yellow pages ad for mr rooter has a whole different meaning for us (After you know what it means, go look up the mr rooter ad n your phone book, I'm sure, like us, you'll get a good laugh out of it!!)

Charles M. Schulz

Comment

Originally posted by SusieP. View Post
                          I agree, 100%. What parent thinks that having their kid sing about Ecstacy is funny? Let alone recording it and having it on the internet? I don't get it.
                          I wouldn't care so much if was JUST on the net, but the play it on TV at 9am saturday mornings!!!

I think what worries me most is that kids are taught to say NO to drugs, but names of drugs don't come into it, and for like the boy with downs, if someone offered him one, I think he would take it, because he has sang about it, and been in this clip and that makes the drug OK, without understanding what it actually is and that even only one can kill, and has killed many
                          Last edited by tassie; 04-17-2008, 06:45 PM.

Charles M. Schulz

Comment

Have you contacted the television network to complain? I'd do that, because that is hardly children's programming.

Comment

how i actually found out about it, and first saw it was on our current affairs program. it was a mother who came into the room and her 4 year old was dancing and singing along. they also had the parents and friends of the girl that passed away saying how upsetting it was to them

Charles M. Schulz

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X