Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Earth Day 4/22/08

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Earth Day 4/22/08

    Today is earth day and it's all about recycling and planting new trees.

    Do you do your share to help our environment?

    I save aluminum cans and recycle all my paper, can, and glass products.


    This is a cute pencil holder.


  • #2
    Re: Earth Day 4/22/08

    my husband and I share a car. Not by choice, but then we usually go together and get multiple errands doneat a time.
    I use the city recycling program for cardboard, cans, etc.
    Im slowly saving plastic bags to make a rug for my bro's kitchen (crochet strips of plastic bag together.)

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Earth Day 4/22/08

      I recycle and I try to plan all my driving around running errands in an efficient way, rather than driving around willy nilly, plus I drive a small car. I also conserve water by not washing it! lol jk (sorta)
      I want my cake back!
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Earth Day 4/22/08

        Thanks for the reminder, its my sisters birthday!!!!

        I recently started a new can just for recycling soda cans and bottles to take in to be recycled. I also make sure all my paper goes into the recycle bin that the trach people pick up.

        A little piece of heaven

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Earth Day 4/22/08

          It's my wife's birthday!!!

          We observe earth day "every day" in our house.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Earth Day 4/22/08

            Our middle daughter (will be ten tomorrow!) is so on us about recycling that we're scared not to do it. We recycle every piece of paper and cardboard (even toilet paper rolls), glass, plastic, etc. We don't even buy plastic containers unless they have the little triangle thing on them.

            I used to re-use our paper Trader Joe's bags for shopping, but about a year ago we switched to the plastic sacks they sell for $1.49 (and IKEA's are really cute--we have three of theirs) and I just keep them in my car. I don't think I've needed a shopping bag in months and months. We're very consistent. Cuts down on clutter at home, too.

            I won a $25 Trader Joe's gift card a few months ago, so now I'm even more motivated to bring in my bags.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Earth Day 4/22/08

              Originally posted by seenoevil View Post
              I recycle and I try to plan all my driving around running errands in an efficient way, rather than driving around willy nilly, plus I drive a small car. I also conserve water by not washing it! lol jk (sorta)
              LOL! I go to a local car wash that recycles their water.

              Originally posted by stinkerbell View Post
              Our middle daughter (will be ten tomorrow!) is so on us about recycling that we're scared not to do it. We recycle every piece of paper and cardboard (even toilet paper rolls), glass, plastic, etc. We don't even buy plastic containers unless they have the little triangle thing on them.

              I used to re-use our paper Trader Joe's bags for shopping, but about a year ago we switched to the plastic sacks they sell for $1.49 (and IKEA's are really cute--we have three of theirs) and I just keep them in my car. I don't think I've needed a shopping bag in months and months. We're very consistent. Cuts down on clutter at home, too.

              I won a $25 Trader Joe's gift card a few months ago, so now I'm even more motivated to bring in my bags.
              Kudos to you and your dd. I must check out IKEA's cute bags and congrats on the gift card.:thumbup:

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Earth Day 4/22/08

                Originally posted by MollyTrolly View Post
                Thanks for the reminder, its my sisters birthday!!!!

                I recently started a new can just for recycling soda cans and bottles to take in to be recycled. I also make sure all my paper goes into the recycle bin that the trach people pick up.
                Originally posted by Goofy Daddy View Post
                It's my wife's birthday!!!

                We observe earth day "every day" in our house.

                Happy Birthday to all!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Earth Day 4/22/08

                  Also, we have the 5 cent deposit on bottles and cans here in Oregon, but I leave mine out in my recycling for this lady who comes to pick them up. And my husband home brews, so we reuse beer bottles dozens of times.

                  Here's what some of the IKEA bags look like:
                  http://imagebank.ipcmedia.com/imageB...he/d/DIMPA.jpg

                  We use them for sports, swimming, etc. too.

                  I think it's the simplest and best thing we all can do.

                  I conserve my gas. I'm such a grinch when it comes to wasting it. I wait to run all my errands together and plot and plan my routes. If I fill more than once every two weeks (and now I'm doing a half tank every two weeks), then I'm doing something wrong.

                  I'm not crunchy granola-ish, but every year I get a little wiser and a little more in tune with simplifying and recycling.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Earth Day 4/22/08

                    We recycle. Both cars are good gas milage cars (an all wheel drive car that gets like 28mpg and my Elantra gets 32ish) and we plan our car trips so that way we aren't driving up and down and all around the mountain.Short showers or baths, turn off lights, no heater at night (just blankets), plants that are tolerant to our area and don't need to be watered a ton, the shopping bag things. We try to be good, because it's bad form to live up here and not be, but I just have to remind my mom every so often.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Earth Day 4/22/08

                      i love Earth Day! But it needs some more help here in L.A I went to a festival last weekend, and it wasnt that big, like the ones in San Francisco.
                      I do my part in recycling. water bottles, which i should stop all together. paper. cardboard. I use green household products now. I use reuseable bags for shopping at the market. And I have to say. I went to Lush last week or two, and they gave me a free reusuable bag. ANd its not a cheesey one either, nice and thick, i love my new bag.
                      Happy Earth Day!

                      Orlando doing good
                      http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=9a0_1212091354&p=1

                      www.Myspace.com/butterflytat20
                      Princess of Randomness

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Earth Day 4/22/08

                        Originally posted by stinkerbell View Post
                        Also, we have the 5 cent deposit on bottles and cans here in Oregon, but I leave mine out in my recycling for this lady who comes to pick them up. And my husband home brews, so we reuse beer bottles dozens of times.

                        Here's what some of the IKEA bags look like:
                        http://imagebank.ipcmedia.com/imageB...he/d/DIMPA.jpg

                        We use them for sports, swimming, etc. too.

                        I think it's the simplest and best thing we all can do.


                        I conserve my gas. I'm such a grinch when it comes to wasting it. I wait to run all my errands together and plot and plan my routes. If I fill more than once every two weeks (and now I'm doing a half tank every two weeks), then I'm doing something wrong.

                        I'm not crunchy granola-ish, but every year I get a little wiser and a little more in tune with simplifying and recycling.
                        Those are cute bags. Thanks for the link.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Earth Day 4/22/08

                          Originally posted by ksejr1 View Post
                          i love Earth Day! But it needs some more help here in L.A I went to a festival last weekend, and it wasnt that big, like the ones in San Francisco.
                          I do my part in recycling. water bottles, which i should stop all together. paper. cardboard. I use green household products now. I use reuseable bags for shopping at the market. And I have to say. I went to Lush last week or two, and they gave me a free reusuable bag. ANd its not a cheesey one either, nice and thick, i love my new bag.
                          Happy Earth Day!
                          I love your siggie too Vicki. I just noticed Macy's is doing their share today too on selling bags.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Earth Day 4/22/08

                            I really need to get the grocery bags, I go to the store too often to not use the reusable ones, but I woudl need like 15 of them!

                            A little piece of heaven

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Earth Day 4/22/08

                              At Staters Molly they're 99cents per bag. Think about it this way, you could get 3 one trip, 3 another... It adds up.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X