X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little kids And Music

hey guys,

while I was doing my cleaning job at work, I couldn't help but to notice that these two kids were singing the song called, beautiful girl and these kids were the ages between 6 and 9.

Any ways, they were singing at this part, beautiful girl that's why it will never work out, you'll have me at suicidal suicidal.

I was surprised by it. And the mother or should I say the care taker.she was careless and continue on with her shopping and didn't said a word to them.

Its sad that some kids have to listen to some cheap music as this.

what do you all think?

Re: Little kids And Music

I think they are a product of their enviroment.

If their parent doesn't control what they are exposed to, who am I to?

The 3rd graders in my ready group have been singing "don't cha" and all i can do is tell them to stop.

Comment

oh wow lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
        oh wow lol.
        yea, it's sad, but the media is not letting kids be kids anymore. But I used to listen to Garth Brookes as a little kid and i look back now and wonder what my parents were thinking...

Comment

Too much technology and media these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
            Too much technology and media these days.
            Not enough regulation, either by government or parents.

Comment

I would say both.

Comment

Glad we agree.

Comment

they play this song on radio disney and they changed the words from suicidal to something else but i don't remember what at the moment.

It's kind of fun to do the impossible- Walt Disney

Comment

At my preschool I was astounded by what parents let their kids listen to. There was one little boy who brought in his favorite song and it was all curse words. A little girl who brought in "Save a horse ride a cowboy." And I was always scared by my music choices (I hate standard kid music. So I had things like Mary had a little amp, and rock cds with kid music.). But you can't control everyone...

Comment

Originally posted by krystledm View Post
                      yea, it's sad, but the media is not letting kids be kids anymore. But I used to listen to Garth Brookes as a little kid and i look back now and wonder what my parents were thinking...
                      When I was a kid, it was Grease, "My Sharona", "Afternoon Delight", Donna Summer, etc.

I would be fairly strict if I had kids (especially when very young), but we had very risque' and not necessarily kid-friendly music too. And most of it went right over my head.
                      Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Originally posted by TDLFAN
                      I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
                      on Bay Lake.

Comment

yeah knitting knerd. not everyone can be control with it comes to music or anthing.

Comment

at the age of 2 1/2 my daughter knew the words to Johnny B. Goode.

At 4, she knew the chorus words to Lady Marmalade........

and I started REALLY watching my music. Now, I don't listen to anything I don't want her repeating. Aerosmith is about as riske' as we get now. (But, then, I don't really like any of the music out now.) She loves my husband's 80's music...and my oldies music. She's the only 5yr old I know that can recognize the voice of Bon Jovi and Elvis.

We mainly listen to soundtracks....until the Chicken Little soundtrack was the soundtrack to our dreams. But, we got her a little personal cd player...problem solved.

Comment

It's totally what they're exposed to. My 2-1/2 year old twin nieces watch/listen to "Sound of Music", "Mary Poppins", and other old musicals. As a result, Evelyn sings the entire Do-Re-Mi song and Madeline sings "Feed the Birds". Wholesome, and extremely cute.

My 11 yo listens to country music as she falls asleep at night. Sometimes the words of songs that come out of her mouth surprise me.

Comment

My kids listen to what I allow them to. I dunno. I'm a parent. Go figure.
                              Just countin' the days til the next visit!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X