This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Francisco Trip Report

I'll try to keep this fairly brief. I'm only going to post a few pics, I'll let Anders add to 'em as he sees fit!

We left Orange County at about 11ish on Thursday morning. We drove up the 101 which was freaking beautiful! We made it to San Francisco around 7:30 Thursday evening. We were both pretty exhausted from sitting in the car all day, and our hotel had sold out of parking, so we were directed to a lot about a block away. Piece of cake, right? You would think! It took us 45 minutes to get to the damn lot. Did you know that you can't make left turns almost anywhere in the city? Neither did we. But we found out. We were both rather frustrated over this, but we proceeded to get the car parked and made our way to our room.

Our hotel:

So we went down to Pier 39 to locate some dinner. We ended up eating at the Hard Rock Cafe, where I had a great hurricane and quite possibly the best French Dip I've ever had the pleasure of eating in my whole life.

Us outside the Hard Rock:

Friday we spent most of the day at Fisherman's Wharf. We went to Ghirardelli Square and had awesome yummy chocolate.

Afterwards, we made our way over to the Cannery where we sat down for some fine Mexican food, complete with a whole pitcher of margaritas! Yum!

That night, we went to the concert at SBC park, which was completely mind blowing. DMB puts on such a phenomenal show, I cannot describe it and do it any sort of justice. I won't try. If you've been to one, you know. If you haven't, you should. After the show, we started walking in the general direction of our hotel, trying to locate a cab. Umm, yeah, right. No cab anywhere, we ended up walking all the way back to our hotel. Needless to say, I got an up close and personal look at the citizens of this fine city, and they scared the hell out of me. Why do crazy street people always need to yell? WHy can't they just mumble politely?

Saturday we returned to Fisherman's Wharf and went to the Aquarium of the Bay, which was pretty impressive! I got to pet bat rays and a leopard shark! Woo hoo!

After the aquarium, we took an hour long cruise around the bay, under the Golden Gate Bridge and around Alcatraz, which was really cool, even if I was freezing! Then we went and had lunch at Hooters. Yes, Hooters. I'd never before had the pleasure of eating at that fine dining establishment, and as we sat there, I couldn't help but wonder why the hell not. Decent food, hot chicks, what more could you ask for? And our waitress, Honey, was great, even if she spilled Anders's soda in his lap after we ate. I secretly think she just wanted an excuse to mop up his lap with a napkin. :lol:

That night, we returned to SBC park for another round with DMB, this time we were in the 5th freaking row. It was even better than the previous night! And I just feel compelled to say, DMB fans are the greatest crowd ever. Very friendly and fun.

Sunday morning, it was time to go home, but not before we went over the Golden Gate Bridge and the Bay Bridge. I love bridges, I think they're just awesome, and I was so blown away by actually seeing the Golden Gate up close and personal. I totally geeked out over it. It was everything I had hoped it would be.

Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Re: San Francisco Trip Report

Wow!! It looks like you guys had a LOT of fun!!

Comment

Welcome back! Sounds like it was a great time and the sight of the fog enshrouded Golden Gate Bridge makes me terribly homesick!

A Hooters in SF, who'da thunk it?

Thanks for sharing your trip report!

Snow

Cost of AP= $239
      Trips to DL= 001
      Next Trip to DL= May 6-7, 2007

Comment

It looks like you guys had a ton of fun! Thanks for sharing the pictures
        Originally posted by drunkmom
        this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

Comment

Great Pics! Sounds like a very romantic, very fun weekend!
          �In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.� -Michael Jackson

Comment

Awww, SG and Anders!!!!! What a great report!!! Great pictures. It looks like the two of you had the time of your lives!!!!!!! I am so glad you had a great trip!!!!!
            Katie :yea:
            Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
            :sc: FIGHT ON!!!!!!

Comment

Sounds like a grand time!
              That Golden Gate photo is gorgeous!
              Good morning, son
              In twenty years from now
              Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
              And I can tell you 'bout today
              And how I picked you up and everything changed
              It was pain
              Sunny days and rain
              I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NeverNeverland
                That Golden Gate photo is gorgeous!
                Yeah, all the ones I took look like they were shot by a 4 year old having a seizure. But luckily, Anders takes great pics! :lol:

Comment

I forgot to mention this earlier: Saturday night on our way to the 2nd concert, we had this really cool cab driver. Like halfway there, he started singing Zip A Dee Doo Dah! We both totally cracked up. I said, "Aww, he's singing our song!" It was just a great little moment.

Comment

You had a busy weekend! Glad you had fun and made it back safely!
                    A signature should go here.

Comment

Very cool!!! Love your pictures, thanks!!

Comment

I'll add more pics later, many more pics of the Golden Gate at home, for those interested, check back later tonight.

Most amazing weekend ever!! We had the greatest weekend ever and we only experienced a small part of the city, but had the greatest time ever doing so. As SunnyG said, those of you who have seen DMB live understand, those who haven't, should try to go at least once just for the experience.

San Francisco is a beautiful city, even on an overcast day in the fog. I can't wait to go back with SunnyG and spend even more time there.

More pictures to come

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

Comment

More pictures

Anders and SunnyG in SF

Anders

Golden Gate

Sea Lion statue with Anders

Ghiradelli Square

Prior to Friday night's concert

Anders with the Leopard shark

Jellyfish at the aquarium

Starfish eating a fish

Dave Matthews

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

Comment

Oh maan ... I am SO jealous ... I would love to see Dave Matthews in concert Someday!
                            Originally posted by drunkmom
                            this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

Comment

What absolutely wonderful pictures!!
                              It looks like you had a spectastic trip and you two are just glowing :love:
                              Thanks for sharing!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X