Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

MiceChat Knott's Scary Farm Event

Tickets for MiceChat's annual Knott's Scary Farm meetup are now on sale. Event info can be found here - scaryfarm2017.eventzilla.net
2 of 3 < >

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge

The Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge has been opened. You can find it in the Lounges section.

All MiceChat rules still apply.
3 of 3 < >

Registrations

All new user registrations require email verification. Please make sure that micechat.com is not blocked by your SPAM filter. Approvals are done at least once per day, but no approval will be given for accounts that have not verified their email address. No account created using anonymous services will be approved. These include proxies, VPN's, and Tor exit nodes. IP address reputations are also checked. Any IP address with questionable reputation will be banned and the registration denied.
See more
See less

Do you do puzzles?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you do puzzles?

Every morning, here in Chicago, I read the Chicago Sun Times. Some mornings I read more of it, than others. Lately they have been featuring this puzzle called SUDOKU. Basically it is 9 boxes in a 3 x 3 grid. Each box has 9 numbers in a 3x3 grid. They fill in some numbers. You are suppose to fill in the rest. You are suppose to have all numbers 1 to 9 in each column both horizontally and vertically, and also all 9 numbers in each box. Well I am not smart enough for this. They claim it is not a mathematical puzzle. They are labeling it as one of logic and reason.

What puzzles do you like to do. I sometimes buy those books with the word searches. They are fun. I was into Jumbles at one time. Not very good at crossword puzzles. I guess puzzles are not really my thing.

So who likes puzzles? What kind of puzzles are you hooked on?
    BarbaraAnn

Re: Do you do puzzles?

I'm a crossword fan - love the challenge and keeps the vocab sharp. Also jigsaw. I just bought the photomosaic MIckey puzzle which will be my fun for the next bit!

Comment

I love puzzles ) ! We have a math maze puzzle in the daily paper that I really like to do. I've been trying to do the Sudoku, but I haven't finished one yet. And of course, there's the standard crossword puzzles that can always keep me amused.

Comment

Love me the Sudoku. I'm also a big maze fanatic. When I went to Hawaii, one of my biggest priorities was not the beach, but the Dole Plantation, where I could do the Pinapple Maze. Regular mazes on paper are still good too.

I'm not as good at crosswords and/or word puzzles... my mind strays to abstract mathematical & logic concepts more. I used to subscribe to Games magazine, but they would always have way more word puzzles, and I got frustrated.
        Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

Comment

I do crosswords while sitting on a certain throne in my house

Comment

I do two crosswords and one cryptoquote everyday.
            sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

I do the NY Times crossword every day.

Except Sunday. :bang: It's toooo hard.

My daughter is addicted to jigsaw puzzles. She does 500 piece ones UPSIDE DOWN!!! For a year now, she's worked on various 1000 piece ones.....has completed quite a few now. She has this amazing attention span for it. She loves them.

She just started a Mickey photomosaic.....it's a toughie.

Comment

I love Games magazine! I always buy it when going on a trip so I have something to work on in the car/plane. I am also working on the accursed Mickey photomosaic puzzle. I hope I can get it finished before I start having homework next week. I try to do the LA Times Sunday crossword, but I haven't had time lately. Does playing Scrabble count?
                A signature should go here.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X