This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wearing Glasses??? Question

New to wearing glasses for the first time and I'm getting these minor headaches. Friends say it's normal. How long will they last in terms of getting use to glasses? Only use my glasses when playing softball and watching movies. Eyes are ok, but I wore them at Disneyland once and it was like the entire park was redone with new Paint!!

Re: Wearing Glasses??? Question

I've worn glasses since I was 6 years old. Every time I get a new prescription, I can get minor headaches. They shouldn't last more than a few days if you wear the glasses all the time like I do.

Comment

Few days. Give your eyes some time to adjust. If you're getting headaches say, a couple weeks later, I'd call your eyeball doctor. Maybe the prescription wasn't ground correctly or something.

Comment

I had a headache the first time I got my glasses as well. I hated wearing them for that reason, but I figured it will be over with in a couple days.
        Har har har

Comment

Yepp yeppers. Completely normal. I didn't like wearing mine at first because of that but i got used to it.

Bionic Village Babe of the RCMC
          "Wisdom is knowing what you don't know" - Socrates

Comment

Yeah just a couple days while your eyes adjust!
            Good morning, son
            In twenty years from now
            Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
            And I can tell you 'bout today
            And how I picked you up and everything changed
            It was pain
            Sunny days and rain
            I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

I ditched my glasses and switched to contacts years ago. I only wear my glasses as a very, very, very last resort.

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                I ditched my glasses and switched to contacts years ago. I only wear my glasses as a very, very, very last resort.
                yeah. I got contacts when I was in middle school and then about 10 years ago I had the corrective surgery...RK...best thing I ever had done.

Comment

Originally posted by snappy View Post
                  New to wearing glasses for the first time and I'm getting these minor headaches. Friends say it's normal. How long will they last in terms of getting use to glasses? Only use my glasses when playing softball and watching movies. Eyes are ok, but I wore them at Disneyland once and it was like the entire park was redone with new Paint!!
                  They could be applying some pressure to the region behind your ears....I've encountered that.....I've worn glasses since March 1980 - and I do have contact lenses...but I switch off.

Comment

Originally posted by SCUBAbe View Post
                    yeah. I got contacts when I was in middle school and then about 10 years ago I had the corrective surgery...RK...best thing I ever had done.
                    A friend of mine had that done (I had to drive him to/from the procedure). I'm too squeamish and the thought of a laser cutting my eye makes me queasy.

Comment

Give them a few days. It's just your eyes adjusting to them. Soon you'll forget if you're wearing them or not .

Comment

Normal for a week or two when starting out, and a few days after a radical prescription change - because the old ones weren't working and now the new ones are. If it doesn' get better, go see the Optometrist - they may have the prescrioption or the fitting wrong, if the focal point is too high or too low...

I'm going to have to go for (gasp!) Bifocals next time - getting tired of the Off and On and Off and On, which is worse with nearsighted. Especially when you take glasses off to do close work - and then stomp/sit on them...

--<< Bruce >>--
                        There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X