This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COLD Remedies?

I woke up this morning (Thursday) with a sore throat. I really need to get rid of whatever it is I've got by Saturday since I have been planning a big outing with friends to Universal Studios Hollywood for more than a month, now.

I'm going to grab some Theraflu and some Zicam on the way home from work today. Anyone else got any promising remedies to get rid of a cold before it hits?
    "NATURAL BORN KILLERS"
    1st Place - MiceChat Gumball Rally 2012

JON AUTOPSY - FACEBOOK

Re: COLD Remedies?

The way I cut my sick-time in half is by drinking a TON of water and a lot of vitamin C. Airborne, Emergen-C, or a Cold Buster from Jamba Juice also help. It won't cure it but helps.

I hope you get better fast. It's awful to miss something you've been looking forward to.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

I always load up on the Airborne when I get sick....plus there is this great Thai food restaurant in LA near the corner of 8th and Vermont that has the BEST chicken soup ever!!! It's a great cure all for the sicky poos and a hangover anytime!!
      Originally posted by PEZZ Lightyear
      Try the Hello Te-Kitty-la.

Comment

I'm thinking about cutting out of work early and stopping by Knott's (I work close to the Farm) and getting some of the chicken soup at Chicken To Go. It's the same chicken soup that's at Mrs. Knott's and it's phenomenal plus it's super thick.
        "NATURAL BORN KILLERS"

JON AUTOPSY - FACEBOOK

Comment

That is the best soup to get, the Knotts one! I might want to drive there now and get some.

Comment

Well if you see my car (black Scion xB with my Micechat avatar on the back window) in a 15 minute parking spot, wait a little bit til I leave. I would'nt want to give anyone else my koodies:cfrown:
            "NATURAL BORN KILLERS"

JON AUTOPSY - FACEBOOK

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Autopsy View Post
              Well if you see my car (black Scion xB with my Micechat avatar on the back window) in a 15 minute parking spot, wait a little bit til I leave. I would'nt want to give anyone else my koodies:cfrown:
              Thanks for telling me! I will wait till you leave. :lol:

Comment

I've heard good things about Zicam....Airborne hasn't worked in my family though. Maybe it's just us.

Comment

getting a good sweat seems to help get rid of the toxins faster in my case. Medicine never helps me, so working hard and sweating seems to be what gets it out of my system faster.

Some people also like crushing up their pills and downing them with carbonated drinks such as Ginger Ale. I personally prefer Sprite simply because I love Sprite . But when I had my sore throat last week, nothing felt better than that carbonated drink brushing up against my sore area's.

But hey, when the sore throat is gone, that pretty much means the brunt of the cold is done with.

But regardless, if you still have the cold by the time you visit Universal, don't let it ruin your fun!!!
                  Last edited by Disney Wrassler; 05-29-2008, 12:59 PM.

Comment

My dad is a pharmacist and he said Airborne is a bunch of hooey.

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                      I know that's what most people say...but it works for me!!!

...for sore throats my mom usually gets a coca cola can opens it and boils it in a pot with water, then we drink it!!! Sounds like nonsense but it works!!!
                      Originally posted by PEZZ Lightyear
                      Try the Hello Te-Kitty-la.

Comment

I will say that Mucinex is a godsend if your chest is congested.

Comment

Ginger tea is great for sore throats, as well as upset tummies.
                          A signature should go here.

Comment

^
                            Oh wait... i guess that's louie?

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                            http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                            http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

That is true. It is actually 87% Hooyey, if you check the formula.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X