Announcement

Collapse

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
See more
See less

So Annoyed And Irritated Right Now.........

Collapse

Header Ad

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: So Annoyed And Irritated Right Now.........

I work in phone sales and I hate it when I call a vendor and they don't tell me their name. If you're going to sell me stuff, tell me who I'm talking to so I can make sure I get back to the right person. The first thing I do when I speak with a customer is introduce myself. Politeness is the first priority of a sales person.
    Last edited by justjohn; 05-29-2008, 05:13 PM.
    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

Comment

I used to be a receptionist for a busy company and CONSTANTLY I'd get these annoying calls from people who were just rude. And these were business people. Sometimes if I got really annoyed or couldn't handle talking to them, I'd pretend I couldn't hear them and I'd say "hello?" a couple times, "I'm sorry I can't hear you" and then I'd hang up. LOL Then I'd take a deep breath and prepare for them to call back.

Facebook me!
      Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Comment

I am the person they warn you about when they say "this call may be monitored for quality assurance" I monitor a sample of calls every week.

It has been ages since I worked down in the call center but I am daily reminded why I am glad I dont do that anymore. It does go both ways, but I would have to say the callers are more likely to treat the representatives unfairly than the other way around.

Comment

Originally posted by LLEBREKNIT View Post
          I am the person they warn you about when they say "this call may be monitored for quality assurance"

I've always been curious about that recording.
          What do you do with the recordings? Like do you just train people to deal with idiots? Like don't loose your cool with this type of person.
          Har har har

Comment

Wow, you guys have it rough I take my share of calls a day but not back to back. Some times though some people go to the restroom while on hold and I answer and you hear them squiling their load making me gag on the spot. I just put them back on hold for another five minutes when stuff like that happens hoping that when I go back they've finished.:yuck:
            Everybody's got a laughin' place-
            trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it.

Comment

Originally posted by garbear View Post
              I've always been curious about that recording.
              What do you do with the recordings? Like do you just train people to deal with idiots?
              I dont. But there are people who do. They have people on the floor (sort of like supervisors) that listen to the same amount of calls per representative. They sit with the representatives and go over each call with them for coaching purposes. I think they have a scoring system worked out for the personal stats. They also grade on tone and things like that, where we are just looking for incorrect information that impacts the caller.

Our audit sample is completely random so it would not necassarily be fair to have representatives stats count on it. Our departments audit scores get reported at the corporate level, for reporting purposes. It gets included in the scorecard (that has various other factors) for the whole company. If we find an error the department leads get notified. They can listen to the call an choose to dispute it, or coach the representatives.

We get a recording sample once a week, when I am ready to listen I just go retrieve the calls. I can pause, fast forward, slow the speed and such when I am listning to the call. I am also seeing what they were doing on the monitors so if they give incorrect information I can see where they got it from, or if they forgot to look somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
                Let me preface this by saying that I used to work in a call center.

OK. Now that I have said this, I find myself doing this from time to time, only because the person answering the phone is talking so fast and mumbling from answering 100 calls a day that it makes absolutely no sense to the caller what they are saying.

So in order to avoid this in the future, speak slowly and clearly so that they understand you.
                I always speak slowly and enunciate properly when I answer the phone.

Oh here's something else that gets me. I work for a non-profit that helps people with disabilities. I myself have a disability... my ears aren't so good, so sometimes a caller's voice is a certain pitch I can't understand or speaks so softly I can't hear them. As a result I might have to ask someone to repeat themselves a couple times to make sure I got their name right. Callers get downright rude with me sometimes and one even said, "Can't you hear?" I was like... OMG! You're calling an organization that helps folks with disabilities and you just insulted one. Good job you putz! Hypocritical much?

Comment

all my recordings have been very good. i have not failed one yet. I did get an opportunity for training. I don't use their scripts verbatim...I still don't ..I hit the key points... The ONLY time I will start using them verbatim and saying them over and over again is when I get someone who just wants to complain. They eventually get tired of it and hang up. Thankfully that does not happen very often.

awe, the joys of call taking. I sure miss doing my old job there. I hope india is enjoying it.

Comment

I hate people who are talking on their cell phones while I am helping them WAY more than anything else. It's so rude!!! I think anyone who works with the public can think of a laundry list of annoyances that happen each and every day. Thank heavens I only have to work 3 days a week or I'd slit my wrists!

Comment

I like the idea of putting them on hold and never picking back up...
                      Hope you have a better day tomorrow
                      "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Maybe it's a good thing they aren't talking to us Janine . Consider it a blessing in disguise :lol:.

Comment

Originally posted by justjohn View Post
                          I work in phone sales and I hate it when I call a vendor and they don't tell me their name. If you're going to sell me stuff, tell me who I'm talking to so I can make sure I get back to the right person. The first thing I do when I speak with a customer is introduce myself. Politeness is the first priority of a sales person.

Absolutely. I had coworkers who are no longer around but they just pick up the phone and go "hello?". Not in a rude way but... like they were at home. Sheesh, say who it is so that you can cut to the chase quicker.

I'm glad I don't have to answer phones anymore!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                          http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Originally posted by Disney Wrassler View Post
                            Maybe it's a good thing they aren't talking to us Janine . Consider it a blessing in disguise :lol:.
                            Amen, Jeff! :lol:

Comment

Dude, you're going to have a stroke if you don't learn to de-stress.

Seriously, don't give these random people the power you are currently giving them. You're the only one that dictates your day, not these tools.

Make a game of it. Write down hash marks every time someone does something dumb. Also, I highly recommend making them pay for their sins. When I am on the phone, and someone is either annoying, or not working with me at all, I just get totally silent. I work with people in crisis and the seriously mentally ill, so it sounds like we have the same customer base.

Really though, it is an old counseling trick, if someone is not listening/tracking, just lower your voice, or just stop talking all together. Simply say, "Here is what I need, so I may HELP YOU' I would guess have the time, people just want 20 minutes to vent.

Really, don't let them junk you out, you're so money and you don't even know it.

Comment

Originally posted by LLEBREKNIT View Post
                                I dont. But there are people who do. They have people on the floor (sort of like supervisors) that listen to the same amount of calls per representative. They sit with the representatives and go over each call with them for coaching purposes. I think they have a scoring system worked out for the personal stats. They also grade on tone and things like that, where we are just looking for incorrect information that impacts the caller.

Our audit sample is completely random so it would not necessarily be fair to have representatives stats count on it. Our departments audit scores get reported at the corporate level, for reporting purposes. It gets included in the scorecard (that has various other factors) for the whole company. If we find an error the department leads get notified. They can listen to the call an choose to dispute it, or coach the representatives.

We get a recording sample once a week, when I am ready to listen I just go retrieve the calls. I can pause, fast forward, slow the speed and such when I am listning to the call. I am also seeing what they were doing on the monitors so if they give incorrect information I can see where they got it from, or if they forgot to look somewhere.

I mean this with all due respect, but what I just read describes the third layer of hell. Seriously, what a horrid job. I honestly think that the person who vacuums the Port-o-potties has a better job, than call center staff you describe above.

It just seems horrid. I really value my freedom, and I am lucky that I get to make a great deal of choices each day.

My heart goes out to you call center peeps.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X