Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

So Annoyed And Irritated Right Now.........

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Annoyed And Irritated Right Now.........

I just had to vent here. I work in a call center and I receive a ton of calls everyday. Today has been really irritating to me and I wish I can say something to these callers but I can't. It seems like a lot of younger women constantly talk with that frog or raspy sound at the tail end of their sentences and it sounds so idiotic to me. I just want to tell them to frickin talk right and enunciate properly. It seems like this is another type of fad for guys and girls or are they just plain lazy. How many Mice chatters here have endured that as well.

Sorry for the rant.

Re: So Annoyed And Irritated Right Now.........

Originally posted by PLAZAINN1 View Post
    I just had to vent here. I work in a call center and I receive a ton of calls everyday. Today has been really irritating to me and I wish I can say something to these callers but I can't. It seems like a lot of younger women constantly talk with that frog or raspy sound at the tail end of their sentences and it sounds so idiotic to me. I just want to tell them to frickin talk right and enunciate properly. It seems like this is another type of fad for guys and girls or are they just plain lazy. How many Mice chatters here have endured that as well.

Sorry for the rant.
    I don't know that I necessarily know what 'rasp' you speak of, but I have experience my share of 'rude callers' lately. There have been about 10 times this week where I answer the phone at work and the the caller says "Who is this?" I have never been so rudely questioned. i say "Thank you for calling such and such place - may I help you?" and they reply with "Who is this!?' Hello? Phone manners?

Comment

I'm not sure what you mean by frog or raspy at the end of the sentence. But I commend you for taking on the job at a call center! I don't think you could pay me enough to do that!

Comment

Originally posted by PLAZAINN1 View Post

Sorry for the rant.
        I work in a all center also and today just had a lot of rude, mean and really dumb people calling in. Thankfully I got pulled off phones to work the mail.

Comment

The only other I can describe it is when someone has a hoarse throat. It seems like the person is too lazy to finish their sentence in their normal voice.

Comment

Originally posted by SCUBAbe View Post
            I work in a all center also and today just had a lot of rude, mean and really dumb people calling in. Thankfully I got pulled off phones to work the mail.

My industry is auto claims and yes this is where the really dumb and stupid people come out of the wood works!!!

Comment

I answer the phone a lot at my job and the mind boggles at what's on the other end of the line sometimes. I ask "How may I direct your call?" followed by..... silence, then "Ummm... I'm not sure." So I have them explain their situation and some people take FOREVER to get the words out of their mouths. In the meantime, I'm gazing the extra-sharp pencil on my desk, wondering if stabbing it in my eye would be less painful than what my poor ear was listening to.

Or worse... I answer the phone, get to "How may I direct your call?" and..... *CLICK!* A few people say, "Oh sorry I dialed the wrong number!" but not many do.

But the gem is this... I answer the phone, saying the name of the organization clear as a bell, then the caller asks "Is this *name of the organization*?" Yeah I start eyeing that pencil again....

Comment

I feel for ya, all of us call center workers are in the same boat!!!

Then you have those people that are eating on the phone, or the person who uses your first name every other word or the people that use speaker phones to converse (how lazy) or the people that make all of the mouth and spit sounds!! DISGUSTING!!!!!

Comment

OMG... my ex used to think he had to say my name every time he spoke to me. It grated my nerves so bad. I finally was like, "Dude... STOP IT!"

And I agree on the speaker phone thing. I've actually called people out on that one. "Are you on a speaker phone? I can barely hear you!" That gets them to pick up the receiver most times.

Comment

I've called my fair share of call centers, and not all the call takers are to nice themselves.
                    Har har har

Comment

Here's the trick. Put them on hold and leave them there. If you have caller ID make sure you don't answer that phone number when they call back. If management can track this activity, forget what I just said.

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                        I answer the phone a lot at my job and the mind boggles at what's on the other end of the line sometimes. I ask "How may I direct your call?" followed by..... silence, then "Ummm... I'm not sure." So I have them explain their situation and some people take FOREVER to get the words out of their mouths. In the meantime, I'm gazing the extra-sharp pencil on my desk, wondering if stabbing it in my eye would be less painful than what my poor ear was listening to.

Or worse... I answer the phone, get to "How may I direct your call?" and..... *CLICK!* A few people say, "Oh sorry I dialed the wrong number!" but not many do.

But the gem is this... I answer the phone, saying the name of the organization clear as a bell, then the caller asks "Is this *name of the organization*?" Yeah I start eyeing that pencil again....
                        :lmao: this is hilarious. ......... I eyed the pencil again :lmao:
                        Originally posted by aashee View Post
                        Here's the trick. Put them on hold and leave them there. If you have caller ID make sure you don't answer that phone number when they call back. If management can track this activity, forget what I just said.
                        were watching you now !! :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by garbear View Post
                          I've called my fair share of call centers, and not all the call takers are to nice themselves.
                          yeah, I hear people around me using tones I don;t use. Inside I'm annoyed as hell, but I rarely show it in my voice or words. they have to be really over the top for me to actually loose my "front" on the phone....but thank god for the mute button, because my co-workers sometimes hear me going off, but they usually just laugh, because we all know what we deal with at times.

To be fair there are far more nicer people tan dumb idiots, but the dumb idiots sure stand out in my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                            Let me preface this by saying that I used to work in a call center.

OK. Now that I have said this, I find myself doing this from time to time, only because the person answering the phone is talking so fast and mumbling from answering 100 calls a day that it makes absolutely no sense to the caller what they are saying.

So in order to avoid this in the future, speak slowly and clearly so that they understand you.

Comment

Originally Posted by aimster
                              I don't work in a call center, but I do face the same situations :lol:.

Get this, the most common question I am asked is "Where are the cards?" I kindly reply, "Right over there where that green sign hanging from the ceiling says, 'cards.'"

As far as the phone calls are concerned, I let my co-workers get them .

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X