Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

Girl not allowed to be valedictorian

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Girl not allowed to be valedictorian

I don't think its fair at all! Just because she didn't attend 4 years she completed 4 years. She earned the title.
    Har har har

Re: Girl not allowed to be valedictorian

With the war, environmental problems, homelessness, gas prices, et al. I'm having a hard time caring too much about this issue, and her title.

With that GPA, this girl will be eligible for more free funding then she will know what to do with.

Comment

This is clearly a case for the Supreme Court.

Comment

BTW, her school district is called Grapevine? And the money would pay for ONE YEAR of college in TEXAS?

That is some tragic loss. I am going to have car magnets and wrist bands created ASAP.

Comment

I guess in theory, she could tank in her fourth year and ruin her average. But really it's about credits completed so I don't see why it shouldn't count.

The district is probably mad that they will lose her ADA (average daily attendance) money by her graduating early.
          A signature should go here.

Comment

That sucks. I always thought it was credits that counts since she's graduating now not next year. Sounds like someone complained.
            -Jack :geek:
            Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Comment

It is kind of a random break, but I could see the kids who attended four years saying, "Listen, it's a lot easier to do a great job for three years, as opposed to four."

In all reality, she will end up just fine. With her academic track record, I bet a good amount of money that she was never intending to stay in Texas for college anyway. She is Ivy League, and other than Rice, I don't know where in Texas she could attend.

BTW, I graduated 360 out of 400, with a GPA of 2.1. Judging from that, I should be in prison, but in reality I hold a Bachelors and Masters Degree and graduated Summa *** Laude, whatever that means.

Comment

Originally posted by Max Fischer View Post
                It is kind of a random break, but I could see the kids who attended four years saying, "Listen, it's a lot easier to do a great job for three years, as opposed to four."
                I agree with this as well. Which is why I took chemistry in summer school so that I'd only have to sustain my grade for 8 weeks instead of a whole year. :smart:
                A signature should go here.

Comment

Originally posted by SusieP. View Post
                  I agree with this as well. Which is why I took chemistry in summer school so that I'd only have to sustain my grade for 8 weeks instead of a whole year. :smart:

Sneaky Sneaky.

Side note, I wrote the Latin phrase for 'With Highest Honors' but it looks like the curseometer thinks it is a bad word. It wasn't I promise.

Comment

Sneaky Sneaky.

Side note, I wrote the Latin phrase for 'With Highest Honors' but it looks like the curseometer thinks it is a bad word. It wasn't I promise.
                    Did you win the Magna Come Loudly?

Comment

Originally posted by aashee View Post

Dropping loads, my friend.

Comment

Originally posted by aashee View Post
                        Magda comes lauding?

Why would anyone bring Max laud, especially Magda?

Comment

I graduated Para Cuum Dentum.

With that GPA, this girl will be eligible for more free funding then she will know what to do with.
                          Exactly; minority, female, excellent grades. She won't be paying for school. Good for her. She'll forget all about High School anyway.

Comment

I can understand why they have that 4 year rule......

The year my husband graduated, the salutatorian(sp?) was a girl I worked with that had only attended the school for a month. She had gotten kicked out of her school a month earlier for being caught with drugs on campus! They had a drug raid, they found hers, arrested her....kicked her out. Our school let her enroll and then gave her high honors when she graduated. Not quite fair.

But...this is taking it a little extreme. She should be able to share the honors. Have two valedictorians. It's nothing new....and it's the fairest way.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X