Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for Cash Control cast members.

I'm considering working in Cash Control, but I cant seem to find any information on it anywhere. So I was wondering what it was like and what the hours are like and also the pay.

Right now, I work in Cash Control for Six Flags Discovery Kingdom. And work 10-12 hour shifts.

Thanks!

Re: Question for Cash Control cast members.

Not a CM, but this has been hanging to where the silence is deafening...

I'll bet they tell the CM's not to discuss it At All (like "Fight Club") because it is highly security sensitive, and any CM that even touched the question would get called in to the office to discuss it the next day...

I would suggest you call the Casting Office directly, and don't just blurt it out. Ease into the subject so they don't think you have ulterior motives.

I suspect that is not a department they ever put new hires into, and they won't transfer you in there till they have seen you working for a good long while (six months minimum) and had a chance to do a very thorough background check.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

Comment

During my experience working in the stores, I remember them saying that cash control was actually an outside company at an outside location. That could have been just a red herring, but while your backstage you can see the Brinks trucks (thats just what I call them) taking all of the safe drops out of the park.

Calling Casting is definitely your best into finding more info about the position. If you search the boards (thoroughly) I think there was someone thats posted here that either worked or still works in cash control. Either way best of luck to ya.
      Class of 2005...

Comment

Yeah, we aren't even supposed to know where cash control is, although a lot of people do.

Comment

Originally posted by DLDCALVR View Post
          Yeah, we aren't even supposed to know where cash control is, although a lot of people do.
          Wow, really?

When I worked there (back in the Golden Days) Cash Control was just a couple of doors down from the Character Head Room, where I worked. It was behind Carousel of Progress/America Sings/Innoventions, on the other side of the Disney barber, Cast Cutters.

It's top secret now? Really? Huh.

Comment

Originally posted by Wanda Woman View Post
            Wow, really?

When I worked there (back in the Golden Days) Cash Control was just a couple of doors down from the Character Head Room, where I worked. It was behind Carousel of Progress/America Sings/Innoventions, on the other side of the Disney barber, Cast Cutters.

It's top secret now? Really? Huh.
            A little louder there, gal. Some low-lifes with delusions of Criminal Sainthood might hear you and get ideas - and that's why they really don't want it discussed in too much detail.

If Disney wanted to make it easy, they'd put up big lighted blinking signs pointing the way to Scrooge's Money Vault.

--<< Bruce >>--

Comment

Yea, probably not a good idea to speak too loudly about where it may be. I really don't think it's meant to be a super secret among CM's though. I mean we used to have to do our pickups and dropoffs everyday, so there were a ton of people who knew where it was.

Anyway, to answer the OP; you can talk to Casting, but you may not get a lot of info. I believe it tends to be one of those positions that is available as a transfer opportunity only.
              Last edited by fantoongal; 07-15-2008, 11:17 PM. Reason: spelling....as usual....i really should read things over more than once before i post... ;-)

Comment

Sorry to resurrect this again, but just in case anyone else is interested:

http://disney.go.com/disneycareers/d...anagement.html

Heck, if it weren't for the whole High Security part, I would go and make $12.05 an hour.

Comment

one question: if this is a sensitive issue and talking about it (if the cms are caught) might get the cms fired, then shouldnt this thread be closed?

Comment

It seems to me that since tens of thousands of cashiers have had to work the closing shift at the park and turn in their deposit at the end of the night since 1955, the location and function of cash control isn't that big of a secret.

Comment

Originally posted by ExCandyMaker View Post
                      It seems to me that since tens of thousands of cashiers have had to work the closing shift at the park and turn in their deposit at the end of the night since 1955, the location and function of cash control isn't that big of a secret.
                      Cashiers deposit the money at their location, they don't see anything. Plus nothing gets taken to cash control. Cash Control comes to get it, so even leads "don't know".

Comment

Originally posted by DLDCALVR View Post
                        Cashiers deposit the money at their location, they don't see anything. Plus nothing gets taken to cash control. Cash Control comes to get it, so even leads "don't know".
                        That may be the way it is now, but ExCandyMaker is correct. Back in the day, any lead that handled money at their location had to go to Cash Control to make deposits, get change, etc. Considering the number of Cast Members that have cycled through DL with that system in place, ECM is right, tens of thousands of people know where CC was. It even had signs on and over the doors then.

Comment

Yes, there are ex-CM's that know where Cash Control is, how to get in, the secret knock and handshake, what times the Armored Trucks (plural - multiple visits a day) show up, etc. But I bet they would object if you drew a detailed map and started to sell it to people getting out of County Jail for $5 a copy...

It exists. That's all I know, and all most people need to know - Security through obscurity works wonders.

--<< Bruce >>--

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Bergman View Post
                            Yes, there are ex-CM's that know where Cash Control is, how to get in, the secret knock and handshake, what times the Armored Trucks (plural - multiple visits a day) show up, etc. But I bet they would object if you drew a detailed map and started to sell it to people getting out of County Jail for $5 a copy...

It exists. That's all I know, and all most people need to know - Security through obscurity works wonders.

--<< Bruce >>--
                            Very, very true.

Although, now getting in takes more technology than that. I have seen people have to use a proxy card and a combination code to get in, plus I am sure there is a security officer in there.

Comment

I agree with all of you that the company would not want details of CC leaked all over the internet and to do so by a current cast member might get them fired. The point I was making was when I worked at the park, EVERY closing cashier (at least those in Merchandising and I am pretty sure foods) brought the end of the night deposit directly to cash control, leads only did cash drops/change requests during park hours and had nothing to do with closing out registers unless you were short/over. On many summer nights there would be a long line out the door of cash control of closing cast members waiting to deposit their registers cash. I have no idea how they work it now, nor do I really care and there is no doubt they would like to keep it hush hush now for obvious reasons. I just thought I would share my experiences from the past as some folks who post here seem to enjoy that sort of thing.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X