Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Understanding Disneyland Policy

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Understanding Disneyland Policy

    Well, i don't really understand why Disney would do things.

    For example, in my department today, because we have people working doubles in the day/night, no one in the department is allowed to ER. I dont understand that concept as since most people who are done early usually just sits around doing nothing anyways, or many times just do pathetic task like clean the walls or a cage. I mean, i can understand if they do a takeover for the people on doubles then yeah, it makes sense but they dont. Even so, by ERin people, they can save money which can cover over to the people working doubles.

    This also applies in the case to our DL department people arent ERin which then leads to that WE cant ER at DCA.

    Can anyone explain why they do this?
    ~ A Cute, Little, Fuzzy, Silly, and Chubby Cast Member ~

  • #2
    Re: Understanding Disneyland Policy

    Originally posted by Duffy View Post
    Well, i don't really understand why Disney would do things.

    For example, in my department today, because we have people working doubles in the day/night, no one in the department is allowed to ER. I dont understand that concept as since most people who are done early usually just sits around doing nothing anyways, or many times just do pathetic task like clean the walls or a cage. I mean, i can understand if they do a takeover for the people on doubles then yeah, it makes sense but they dont. Even so, by ERin people, they can save money which can cover over to the people working doubles.

    This also applies in the case to our DL department people arent ERin which then leads to that WE cant ER at DCA.

    Can anyone explain why they do this?
    Bureaucracy. It's budget setting time so by bulking up the hours they consume they keep/set their funding for next year at a high level. It's not a time to save money.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Understanding Disneyland Policy

      Originally posted by JeffYardDog View Post
      Bureaucracy. It's budget setting time so by bulking up the hours they consume they keep/set their funding for next year at a high level. It's not a time to save money.
      Yup, end of the fiscal year is coming up... so all those hours that they skimped on the entire year leads to a boatload of labor hours that can be used towards the end of the year. If they don't use it, that counts against the hours that they are budgeted in the next fiscal year.

      Be happy with your hours.
      Burnt Toast
      The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Understanding Disneyland Policy

        Originally posted by Burnt Toast View Post
        Yup, end of the fiscal year is coming up... so all those hours that they skimped on the entire year leads to a boatload of labor hours that can be used towards the end of the year. If they don't use it, that counts against the hours that they are budgeted in the next fiscal year.

        Be happy with your hours.
        That explains everything. I've been wondering why the company, which normally seems so ER-happy, is suddenly clamping down.

        Maybe I can actually extend now and work something close to 40 hours now. Gasp, maybe even OT, lol!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Understanding Disneyland Policy

          Well, I don't know about extends... but yah. You might be able to switch offtimes and stuff.
          Burnt Toast
          The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Understanding Disneyland Policy

            Really in our area they want us to ER like crazy......

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Understanding Disneyland Policy

              I work in a department where there is really no such thing as an ER... but there are extends and double shifts when people call out. Joys of working in a department where there's no more then 1 or 2 people at your location at a time.
              Burnt Toast
              The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Understanding Disneyland Policy

                Originally posted by Karnever View Post
                Really in our area they want us to ER like crazy......
                I hear that.

                "I'm not funny. What I am is brave." - Lucille Ball

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Understanding Disneyland Policy

                  We are ering pretty much everyday. I cut about 8 or so how this morning, ering my openers alone. Most of the foods locations are being told to cut hours wherever possible, so I doubt they are just wasting time. Unless managers don't care about their labor goals, which affect their bonuses.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Understanding Disneyland Policy

                    Originally posted by fantoongal View Post
                    We are ering pretty much everyday. I cut about 8 or so how this morning, ering my openers alone. Most of the foods locations are being told to cut hours wherever possible, so I doubt they are just wasting time. Unless managers don't care about their labor goals, which affect their bonuses.
                    Yea, I noticed this when I checked up on it at work today. If there's a "use-up-all-our-remaining-hours-so-we-get-the-same-next-year" thing sweeping the resort, it's definately ignoring Foods. After a brief aberration, we seem to be back to cutting as many hours as is humanly possible, and running on skeleton crews of RFT CMs, CRs with Seniority and CPs.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Understanding Disneyland Policy

                      Yep. Ours is all about cutting labor.

                      Comment

                      Ad Widget

                      Collapse
                      Working...
                      X