This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disneyland Tour Guides Question

I'm in the process of trying to get a job at Disneyland. I'm interesed in eventually becoming a tour guide. I know that I can't hire into that position, but was wondering where I should start....Guest Relations, or Guest Services? Any advice or info from people who've worked in either dept. would be GREAT!

Thanks!

Re: Disneyland Tour Guides Question

You would want Guest Relations if anything (Guest Services are the people at the gates, and ticket takers). Guest Relations are the tour guides, as well as the people you talk to on the Phone, and see in City Hall; aka "The Plaids."

However, they really like pulling people from other departments because they want to have people who have experience at the Resort first (more so for Tour Guides). Though I've also heard people being hired right into Guest Relations. So really, just get your foot in the door, and then four months later, transfer into Guest Relations. As long as you're a hard worker and there when they ask you to be, it's as simple as that =)

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyMouse View Post
      So really, just get your foot in the door, and then four months later, transfer into Guest Relations.
      I thought it was six months?

"I'm not funny. What I am is brave." - Lucille Ball

Comment

It used to be, before mega-turnover.

Comment

Originally posted by ashley solo View Post
          I thought it was six months?
          You are very right Ash! Sorry, four to transfer inner department.

Comment

I think it's still six months if you want to transfer to different lands if you're in attractions.

"I'm not funny. What I am is brave." - Lucille Ball

Comment

It depends on if you are currently in a union or a non-union department and if you are trying to transfer into a union or a non-union department.
              Burnt Toast
              The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X