• Show
Clear All
  • tj9991
    Splash/Mansion/Big Boats
    • Nov 2008

Re: Disneyland Job HELP

Thanks, I can't wait!

Here's a few questions:

From what I've read, the Traditions course at TDA will be my first day. Is this just watching a film and then doing some team exercises in the building? If so, are they near the Casting Center, or in a completely different area of the building?

If I start in Food and Beverage, and put in a request for transfer to Attractions after six months, how likely is it that my request will be granted, or will be put in place soon after?

I've heard of the Disney Portal. Is there any way to post something such as a request for housing with other cast members? What all is shown to you in the Portal?

Is it against policy to tell others that I work at Disneyland in public? I don't mean in the park, but say if I included it in a public listing for looking for housing. Would they frown upon this and place it on my record?

How bumpy are the first few days on the job? Do the courses make it rather easy, or is it still difficult to get started?

If you find any of these questions to be too private to Disney, feel free to answer them in a private message.
    Piano performances: Bohemain Rhapsody, To Zanarkand
    Theatre organ performances: Singin' in the Rain, Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite, My Foolish Heart

Comment

• Papaya70
      Really?
      • Jul 2008

From what I've read, the Traditions course at TDA will be my first day. Is this just watching a film and then doing some team exercises in the building? If so, are they near the Casting Center, or in a completely different area of the building?
      Traditions is held in the same building that you went to when you did your interview. It's just held in a different section. It's an 8 hour class that includes some movies, and other fun stuff. You do get to leave the building, and they take you on a tour that includes the park and some of the backstage areas. That's the day you get your I.D. and your training schedule. I started training the very next day after I did Traditions.

I've heard of the Disney Portal. Is there any way to post something such as a request for housing with other cast members? What all is shown to you in the Portal?
      The Portal is a type of intranet. You get access to the portal on the day you do your Traditions training. Since you'll probably want to find housing before that, you might check out some other sights, like Craigslist (orange county).

Is it against policy to tell others that I work at Disneyland in public? I don't mean in the park, but say if I included it in a public listing for looking for housing. Would they frown upon this and place it on my record?
      I'm not sure about this one...I wouldn't think it would be a problem to just mention that you work for Disney. But then again if you want to be safe, you don't really have to mention that you work for Disneyland specifically. You could just say that you'll be working and looking for housing in the Anaheim area. Most people would probably just assume that you work for Disneyland anyway!

How bumpy are the first few days on the job? Do the courses make it rather easy, or is it still difficult to get started?
      I didn't feel like my first days were bumpy at all. Just show up to your training on time, and be ready to learn! They make it pretty simple. There's a lot of info to take in, so pay attention!
      Last edited by Papaya70; 12-18-2008, 12:35 AM.

Comment

• Papaya70
        Really?
        • Jul 2008

Hope that helped!

Comment

• DisneyMouse
          Don't lets be silly! �o�
          • Jun 2006

Originally posted by tj9991 View Post
          Originally posted by Papaya70 View Post
          The Portal is a type of intranet. You get access to the portal on the day you do your Traditions training. Since you'll probably want to find housing before that, you might check out some other sights, like Craigslist (orange county).
          You must have been talking to older Cast Members, the Portal is now known as the HUB. This (and your Cast Member ID; don't lose it!) is your lifeline to Disney. It has everything and anything on there you could possible need as it relates to Disney. Somethings will only work at one of the four Learning Centers, or company computer, though 90% of the information, and updates are accessible from any computer.

During Traditions as Papaya70 points out, your mediator will set you up with a user name and password.

On the HUB you'll find your work schedule, make scheduling requests, learn about upcoming events at the Resort and with the Company, learn about your sign in privileges and so much more. It'll become something you check every day.

About housing: it's much easier to find housing using other sources such as Roommates.com, Craigslist.com, or Rent.com, then posting on the HUB at Donald's Classifieds. There is no rule that states it's against Disney policy to let people know you work for the Company. I mean simply by answering your questions we're saying we work for Disney.
          Last edited by DisneyMouse; 12-18-2008, 01:28 PM.

Comment

• Alpine
            MiceChatter
            • Jul 2006

Saying I was a Disney CM in one of my craiglist housing searches really helped find nice options and offers from other CM's or former employees.

Comment

• CastMember08
              New MiceChatter
              • Dec 2008

1. yes it is a lot of fun, all worth it.
              2. yes you can do both in the same day except that it takes a while to process and for them to get back to you
              3.you can try out for one of course, but if you do the college program, you can only be an atmosphere character. not a pardade dancer, im a dancer too.
              4.yes, but only if your in the college program
              5.they love experiecne but you still have to audition, many audition 12 times until they make it.
              Originally posted by RyanThomas View Post
              I have been interested in getting a job at Disneyland, and have wanted to ask some questions but haven't had anyone to ask. So here are my questions.

1. I have heard about a student program; is it worth taking, and do you think a "junior college" student would be able to participate?

2. how long does the application process take on average? Could I apply and visit the park in the same day?

3. I would like to get a job as a performer (actor) but i can't find these jobs listed on the Disneyland site? do they hire for such jobs? If so how could I try out for one? (Really, I would be happy with any job.)

4. I also don't know about the housing situation. I know it must be rough, but is there any help from the park, or the employees?

5. Would they train me for a job such as performing (acting) if I have a background in it but they want more, or would they not even consider me?

Please answer what ever you can. I would be very thankful. And if you have any tips I would also appreciate those. Thank you.

Comment

• tj9991
                Splash/Mansion/Big Boats
                • Nov 2008

I'm planning on going shopping before I move, and wanted to ask about shoes at the park. What are the guidelines on the shoes they would like you to wear to the job, or are you given shoes when you are costumed?

Would plain black tennis shoes work?
                Piano performances: Bohemain Rhapsody, To Zanarkand
                Theatre organ performances: Singin' in the Rain, Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite, My Foolish Heart

Comment

• pattimelt
                  DLR Cast Member
                  • Oct 2007

I'm planning on going shopping before I move, and wanted to ask about shoes at the park. What are the guidelines on the shoes they would like you to wear to the job, or are you given shoes when you are costumed?

Foods makes you purchase their shoes from Shoes for Crews.

Everyone else gets to find PLAIN, BLACK, POLISHABLE shoes-- in other words, they can be sneakers, but can't be suede. Oh, and they must have a non-slip sole.

Comment

• glendalais89
                    MiceChatter
                    • Jun 2007

Originally posted by pattimelt View Post
                    Foods makes you purchase their shoes from Shoes for Crews.

Everyone else gets to find PLAIN, BLACK, POLISHABLE shoes-- in other words, they can be sneakers, but can't be suede. Oh, and they must have a non-slip sole.
                    Actually, Foods provides its Cast Members with shoes, which is why they're all the same brand.

Comment

• scotprincess
                      MiceChatter
                      • Aug 2008

You are going into foods right? Don't buy shoes they give them to you in your Foods day one class.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X