This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disneyland College Program- Entertainment Question

I was looking on the website for the Disneyland College program, in the section I was interested in- Entertainment. I noticed that the only position listed is Atmosphere Character, now to my knowledge that means just the Fuzzies, right? Or does that include Face Characters as well? It's always been a dream of mine (as well as one of many others) to be a Disneyland Face Character. Since Atmosphere Character is only listed, does that mean they don't hire Face Characters for the CP? Or was I wrong and Atmosphere Character included all types of characters?

Re: Disneyland College Program- Entertainment Question

Yes, the Atmosphere Characters are Fuzzies; though it's much more complicated then that as it relates to the Collage Program. If you chose to go into the Entertainment Department, the Resort won't simply place you there. You would need to audition like everyone else, and if you make it, would need to maintain the 30 hours a week. If you don't make it, the collage program will place you where they feel a need is (this is all from my understanding).

I mean no disrespect to the Collage Program with the following, but I hope they cut down on the people they bring to the Resort. Hours are hard enough to get as it is, without needing to worry about the Collage Program; and more so with the economy the way it is. I hope the Disneyland Resort understands this and puts a good amount of thought into their Cast Members who are CRs though would like to become RFT.

Comment

I know about the audition, but I just was wondering if at the College Program auditions that they list on their site are for casting just Fuzzies or Face Characters as well.

Comment

I don't know of any Collage Program Cast Members who are Face or in Parades... that isn't to say they don't have any. Though Atmosphere Character are the Fuzzies.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyMouse View Post

I mean no disrespect to the Collage Program with the following, but I hope they cut down on the people they bring to the Resort. Hours are hard enough to get as it is, without needing to worry about the Collage Program; and more so with the economy the way it is. I hope the Disneyland Resort understands this and puts a good amount of thought into their Cast Members who are CRs though would like to become RFT.
          I couldn't agree with you more. Being a CR only getting 13-15 hrs a week makes it hard for me to pay my bills (Which aren't large by any means), and I don't understand why they keep hiring people when our hours are so slim.

On topic, I hope you can find what you are looking for in the CP.

-Frank

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X