Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Early is Too Early to Request Time Off?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Early is Too Early to Request Time Off?

I'm heading off to WDW in late May and I'm wondering if it would be overdoing it if I request a week's worth of RDOs/ADOs now (I'm new-contract CR, so I don't have Vacation).

Scheduling says it's fine, but I just know that they'll lose the request (even if it is digital these days) between now and then; and I just know, personally speaking, that if I wait to submit it I'll forget it between now and then and end up barely missing the deadline to submit requests....
    Last edited by glendalais89; 01-31-2009, 12:16 AM.

Re: How Early is Too Early to Request Time Off?

Nope. Folks do it all the time. Especially for big vacations and weddings. If your worried about Disney losing it, just put in another request in a few months. Can't hurt.
    "If we cut the budget are you going to be the one standing at the exit explaining to guests why the ride they just rode is a piece of crap?" - - John Lasseter

Comment

It is absolutely NEVER too early to put in you're ado's/rdo's. Put them in as early as you know you will need it off.
      sigpic

Forget Disney Magic...Universal performs MIRACLES!!!

Comment

Be sure to use RSVP on the HUB! It's never too early!

Comment

Just to elaborate on the OP's question, is it normal for a request submitted long in advance to be classified as "pending" on RSVP? I requested some days off in March a long time ago and it is still listed as pending...

Comment

Your shift request will not be approved or disapproved until the week that that particular schedule is made!
            Member of the Disney Class of 2005
            Disneyland CM for 4 years.
            May 6, 2005 - present.

Comment

In September 2008, I put a RDO request in RSVP for the night of May 7/morning of May 8 (Star Trek midnight showing ) and it got denied due to being too far in the future. I re-submitted in December (during the Pre-Approved Time Off collection period for the date in question) and it's now marked as "Pending."

Comment

Originally posted by melmel View Post
                Your shift request will not be approved or disapproved until the week that that particular schedule is made!
                Unless it's Pre-Approved.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X