Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about giving two weeks notice...

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about giving two weeks notice...

Boo Hoo! It looks like I'm going to be moving out of state which means that I'm going to be giving my two weeks notice soon. I was just wondering if anybody knows how specific I can be about my last day...my sister is coming to help me move, and I would really love to play one last day in the park with her before I leave...Anybody got any experience with this?????

Thanks!

Re: Question about giving two weeks notice...

On your last day you turn in everything; your costume, your ID/Main Gate Pass, Cast Parking pass, etc. etc. You can keep your nametag though.

Unfortunately, because of this... there's no playing in the Park after your last shift.
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

Comment

I figured as much...I just wondered how specific they'll let me be about what I want my last day to be. Like if I gave my 2 weeks notice tomorrow (Monday the 2nd), can I tell them I want my last day to be Monday the 16th so that I can play in the park over the weekend of the 13th-15th?

Comment

I am not a Cast Member(though I wish I was), but something else important: when giving your two weeks notice, be sure to word the resignation notice so that you will remain in good standing, specifically so that they will not misunderstand the way the notice is worded.

Comment

Originally posted by disneyfan07 View Post
          I am not a Cast Member(though I wish I was), but something else important: when giving your two weeks notice, be sure to word the resignation notice so that you will remain in good standing, specifically so that they will not misunderstand the way the notice is worded.
          Truth be told, for DLR Hourly Positions, you really don't need to submit a written resignation. Most everyone I know who has left the resort have submitted their resignations verbally.

You are free to submit a written one, of course. However, I don't think it makes that much of a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by glendalais89 View Post
            Truth be told, for DLR Hourly Positions, you really don't need to submit a written resignation. Most everyone I know who has left the resort have submitted their resignations verbally.

You are free to submit a written one, of course. However, I don't think it makes that much of a difference.
            This is true, I did mine verbally.

"I'm not funny. What I am is brave." - Lucille Ball

Comment

Yah, no resignation notice needed. You do it verbally and you might have to sign the paperwork saying when you want your last day, but that's pretty much it.

You can make your last day anytime after a full two-week period... well, you could make it less then two-weeks but no-rehire status is a pain to get lifted off your record if you ever want to work for the Company again (and it doesn't affect just Disneyland, it affects your status for any employment within the entire Company).
              Burnt Toast
              The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

Comment

heh I know you have to move but I say this to everyone I know who is thinking about putting in your notice, " look we know that your going to be back soon, and theres a waiting list know so save yourself the trouble and stay" lol Funny thing is most of the people I told that to are now on the waiting list lmao.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz-c7Ees4QQ

Come Celebrate with us, we can't wait to meet ya!

Comment

Originally posted by DLcastmbr View Post
                  heh I know you have to move but I say this to everyone I know who is thinking about putting in your notice, " look we know that your going to be back soon, and theres a waiting list know so save yourself the trouble and stay" lol Funny thing is most of the people I told that to are now on the waiting list lmao.
                  I had to move, or live in the streets so. It sucks and I miss it all the time and am soon going to be on a waiting list, but life happens and somethings are more important than Disneyland and waiting lists. Like a home.

Anyways, I didn't give a two week notice but my manager said I shouldn't have a problem being rehired. Maybe it was given my circumstance or whatever, but I definitly shouldn't have a "no rehire" status.

But if I could have I would have, and it's just a nice and professional thing to do.

Comment

I wish I didn't have to go...I've been hanging on for a while now...I'll give my two weeks, but I'm thinking when I come back to Disneyland, it'll be as an annual pass holder!

Ashley Solo: Are you sure you don't have a no-rehire status? I've heard a lot of people say that there managers told them not to worry about the two weeks notice and then when they try to come back they're hit with the no-rehire status. Hope it works out for you!

Comment

Originally posted by Papaya70 View Post
                      Ashley Solo: Are you sure you don't have a no-rehire status? I've heard a lot of people say that there managers told them not to worry about the two weeks notice and then when they try to come back they're hit with the no-rehire status. Hope it works out for you!
                      Nope! I sure hope so though. I will find out on March 16th.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnt Toast View Post
                        On your last day you turn in everything; your costume, your ID/Main Gate Pass, Cast Parking pass, etc. etc. You can keep your nametag though.

Unfortunately, because of this... there's no playing in the Park after your last shift.
                        After I resigned, I handed over my ID and walked around the park a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnt Toast View Post
                          Yah, no resignation notice needed. You do it verbally and you might have to sign the paperwork saying when you want your last day, but that's pretty much it.

You can make your last day anytime after a full two-week period... well, you could make it less then two-weeks but no-rehire status is a pain to get lifted off your record if you ever want to work for the Company again (and it doesn't affect just Disneyland, it affects your status for any employment within the entire Company).

How do you get the no-rehire status lifted for less than 2 week notice?

Comment

Originally posted by BKFranks View Post
                            How do you get the no-rehire status lifted for less than 2 week notice?
                            You need to get past the Casting Gatekeeper and talk to someone higher up in Casting or in HR.

You will also probably need to get a Managers "sponsorship" (approval) and go back to your previous LOB.

Comment

Does anyone know if I can give more than two weeks notice?

I'm fairly sure I won't be scheduled to work on the day that is two weeks out from my preferred last day, and I don't really want to have to come in to specifically give notice.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X