This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Program

I'm calling tomorrow to setup my telephone interview for the Disneyland College Program. Does anyone have any advice for me?? I mean, I REALLY want to get into this program. :]
    sigpic Can dreams really come true?

Re: College Program

Oh come, I know I'm getting views . . . Anyone??

Comment

don't know anything about CP.... wish i had taken advantage of it, tho, the cheap housing would have been SA-WEET!
      Member of the Disney Class of 2005
      Disneyland CM for 4 years.
      May 6, 2005 - present.

Comment

Never been apart of the college program, sorry! But good luck!

"I'm not funny. What I am is brave." - Lucille Ball

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled_Tink View Post
          I'm calling tomorrow to setup my telephone interview for the Disneyland College Program. Does anyone have any advice for me?? I mean, I REALLY want to get into this program. :]
          I've done the WDWCP. But I am going to guess that the interview process is the same/similar, so here's what it was like for the WDW interview:

*try to stay relaxed
          *remember to smile (they can tell, even over the phone)
          *be honest with your answers
          *have fun!

Good luck!
          Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 98- Port OrleansMarch 03- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 03- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 05- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 06- AS Sports (Solo Trip)May 24, 06 to Jan 5, 07- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 07- offsite (solo trip)March 1-3, 2007- Dad + Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 07- CP (CS)Aug 10-12, 07- GF/P&PMay 21-Aug 15, 08- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 08- AKLMarch 25-29, 09 (off-site)Aug 10, 09-Jan 2, 10- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (East)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL DreamJan 20-24, 2014: DCL MagicFeb 17/18, 2015 AS Music

Jan 12- Aug 5, 2005- Fantasyland Merchandise
          May 24, 2006 to Jan 5, 2007- Character Attendant
          May 16- Aug 10, 2007- Epcot WS Custodial/Seasonal CA
          May 21- July 5, 2008: Casey's (QSFB); July 6-Aug 15, 2008: character attendant
          Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: Toy Story Mania
          Jan 3-May 14, 2010: Great Movie Ride
          May 16, 2010~ Fulltime

Comment

Originally posted by melmel View Post
            don't know anything about CP.... wish i had taken advantage of it, tho, the cheap housing would have been SA-WEET!

Their housing isnt very cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by scotprincess View Post
              Their housing isnt very cheap.
              Memory serve me right, it's $600 per person per month.

For the part of Orange County it's in (relatively nice, a little bit upscale, near a police station), that's a steal.

Comment

Originally posted by glendalais89 View Post
                Memory serve me right, it's $600 per person per month.

For the part of Orange County it's in (relatively nice, a little bit upscale, near a police station), that's a steal.
                Its not in that great of an area the apartments themselves are nice. (I was never in the program but I was friend with people that were.) I can't remember exactly how much it was but it seemed higher than $600 a month and the at least $600 a month was for 4 people in a two bedroom and in some cases 5 people in a two bedroom. So thats $2400 a month at least for a two bedroom apartment, well above what most are in that area.

Comment

Its not in that great of an area the apartments themselves are nice. (I was never in the program but I was friend with people that were.) I can't remember exactly how much it was but it seemed higher than $600 a month and the at least $600 a month was for 4 people in a two bedroom and in some cases 5 people in a two bedroom. So thats $2400 a month at least for a two bedroom apartment, well above what most are in that area.
                  This is what I remember hearing. And YIKES. And I think they pay weekly.

"I'm not funny. What I am is brave." - Lucille Ball

Comment

Originally posted by joanna71985 View Post
                    I've done the WDWCP. But I am going to guess that the interview process is the same/similar, so here's what it was like for the WDW interview:

*try to stay relaxed
                    *remember to smile (they can tell, even over the phone)
                    *be honest with your answers
                    *have fun!

Good luck!
                    Thank you very much! :] They're calling me on Friday for the interview. I'm psyched!! :]

Comment

Holy crap!! How do you afford that making minimum wage??? It can't seriously be that much. I looked at the WDW one, and they said housing was between like $80.00-$120.00 per person, depending on how many you get to stay with you. And they take it out of your check. It didn't say anything on the DL one though . . . At least not that I saw. Wow, you'd have to work your butt off to make that much!

Comment

Wait, I think that was per week. Ha ha!!

Comment

At Disneyland they do not take it out of your check you have to set up a payment thing from what a friend was telling me. I texted her earlier to ask how much she paid per week but I havent heard back yet, I know it always ended up being aroun 60-80% of her paycheck though and they give the CP kids lots of hours purely so they can afford rent.

Comment

At Disneyland they do not take it out of your check you have to set up a payment thing from what a friend was telling me. I texted her earlier to ask how much she paid per week but I havent heard back yet, I know it always ended up being aroun 60-80% of her paycheck though and they give the CP kids lots of hours purely so they can afford rent.
                            Well, let me know ASAP what she says in her text, please! Thanks!! :]

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled_Tink View Post
                              Well, let me know ASAP what she says in her text, please! Thanks!! :]
                              I havent got a response but most of the people in the college program were working about 38 hours a week and not having much money left over after rent. I remember the number being $180 a week for some reason but I'm not sure on that.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X