Announcement

Collapse

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
See more
See less

Vacation

Collapse

Header Ad

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vacation

I am new cast member with a question regarding vacations. I am CR with no accrued paid vacation and lets say I want to go away for a week in May. Do I understand right that I wouldn't be eligible for pre-approved time off and would only know the week before when the schedule comes out? It seems like it would be hard to plan any kind of vacation because I couldn't buy plane tickets or book hotel if I wouldn't know if I got the time off until the week before the trip. So there is no way to get preapproved unpaid time off. If anyone could enlighten me I would appreciate it.
    The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company and Affiliated Companies

Re: Vacation

You're pretty much crossing your fingers for that time off. It really helps if you communicate with your scheduler and management and let them know what's up.

Plan it carefully, though, I know of several people who got screwed over this past month because they requested time off during peak season, and we had a substitute scheduler who completely ignored their request and scheduled them anyway.

Comment

Keep documentation of every word they say. But yea, be honest and up front it will benefit you both.

Comment

Well, May isn't quite peak season, so your chances are somewhat better that the vacation would be approved. But yeah, as far as I know, pre-approved time off is only for paid time off.

I got into a bad situation like SolCross mentioned this past week. I had a family vacation that was scheduled before I was even hired into Disneyland. I talked to my schedulers and managers way in advance, but it was still denied and my managers told me that I would have to call in every day I was gone...Bleh.

Comment

I thought that was a change on the last Master Services contract that allowed those who don't accrue paid vacation to put in for Unpaid time off at the same time for a pre-approval... I may just be crazy thought...

Comment

Autopia, do you actually work Auto?

Comment

Autopia is correct.
              sigpic

Forget Disney Magic...Universal performs MIRACLES!!!

Comment

umm, i needed 2 weeks off in January and they told me to apply for Personal Leave of Absense.

the only pain thing is that its hard to get it approve. Mine didnt approve until 2 days before i left town and i was rather annoyed waiting for them to approve it. kept calling and calling and calling... :\
                ~ A Cute, Little, Fuzzy, Silly, and Chubby Cast Member ~

Comment

Who all here works Auto? I work Auto also.

Thanks for the information so far. So its probably best I always just go talk directly to my Production Scheduler in Scheduling?
                  The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company and Affiliated Companies

Comment

Originally posted by Autopia View Post
                    I thought that was a change on the last Master Services contract that allowed those who don't accrue paid vacation to put in for Unpaid time off at the same time for a pre-approval... I may just be crazy thought...
                    You're right. A Unpaid Pre-Approved Vacation Request period was agreed to by the company at the last Master Services contract negotiations. It allows for Casual Regular Cast Members hired post-2005, who don't accrue Paid Vacation, to request Pre-Approved Unpaid Vacation time.

Per the contract, it should be held after the Paid Pre-Approved Vacation Request period has passed and all Paid requests have been approved or denied.

For more information, you can contact your Management Team, Cast Scheduling, or your Labour Union.

Comment

Too bad Foods CM's don't get unpaid PATO.

Comment

Originally posted by KevRus View Post
                        Too bad Foods CM's don't get unpaid PATO.
                        That's because HERE sucks.
                        Burnt Toast
                        The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

Comment

"That's because HERE sucks."

While I agree that HERE sucks, being in reference to Local 50 kind of hurts.

I have only skimmed the new Master Service agreement, but I like that Unpaid Pre-Approved Vacation thing. I'm writing it down to propose next time we negotiate.
                          -David

Comment

Where can I look over the master services agreement?

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X