This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rehire Question!!

I was terminated in August for attendance... and I got a restricted re-hire status. What does this mean? I know I have to wait 6 months with a steady job, but when I go back, how likely is it that I'll get rehired? Even if it's into another department?

Re: Rehire Question!!

Probably depends on the current job market. Back a few years ago Disney couldn't fill positions easily so re-hire was a pretty sure bet.

Now with a very rough job environment, Disney has a much bigger pool of applicants to choose from. It may be a bit tougher to get back in there.

Comment

If you don't mind me asking, how did you get terminated for attendance? Was this a progressive situation that you were aware of, or was there a personal situation that prevented you from maintaining regular attendance?

Comment

Originally posted by Code90 View Post
        If you don't mind me asking, how did you get terminated for attendance? Was this a progressive situation that you were aware of, or was there a personal situation that prevented you from maintaining regular attendance?
        I think they mean they got too many points. Cast Members get points when they're late, don't show up, etc. They can be really strict. If you're even a minute late, you get points. When you reach a certain amount, you can be demoted, terminated, etc.

Comment

Yeah, it was for too many points. It was progressive in a sense, but more toward the end when I became chronically sick and had to leave work early/show up late, etc. Now I have medicine that will prevent this in the future, so I'm wondering will they take that into consideration? I hope so...

Comment

You can't go back to your old department, as I was told.

Good luck.
            Took mom to Disneyland for the first time in over 20 years this week! Woo!
            - March 1, 2006

She screamed, cried, and laughed...
            - me too!

Comment

Originally posted by daniellemariee View Post
              Yeah, it was for too many points. It was progressive in a sense, but more toward the end when I became chronically sick and had to leave work early/show up late, etc. Now I have medicine that will prevent this in the future, so I'm wondering will they take that into consideration? I hope so...
              I say you have a valid case as to why you accumulated too many attendance points. I don't know how lenient Disneyland is on this, but it seems clear that you are a responsible person who was under uncontrollable circumstances.

If they have any common sense, Disneyland should rehire you. Especially since you now have medication that will prevent future attendance problems. If I were you, I'd make sure to clearly communicate this when you go back.

Comment

Sadly, I suggest you seek employment elsewhere. They have more people to choose from than ever with this economy, and they can be extremely selective even though they don't pay very well. There are a lot of people who just want to work there. And points are a major issue, they don't strike me as very lenient.
                Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
                Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

Comment

about 5 years ago I had a friend apply for night work.
                  The found out she had a tat on her leg (she told them up front) and told her they couldn't hire her.
                  Even though the tat would have never been seen by anyone (pants and socks cover it) they told her it that it wasn't part of their image.

If that's any sign of how controlling and tight they are, then I doubt they would let you back due to attendance (and to an employee, attendance is a huge huge thing. Attendance affects a business more than you think...it's not easy just to replace you last minute (permanently yes, last minute no---customers don't do well w/ sorry...they didn't show up and we are finding someone...MOST customers could care less).
                  You seem to have a good case, but Disney seems to have a certain way of running things and if your life doesn't fit into it, then there's no job.
                  Quote by Al:
                  To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
                  -Al Lutz

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X