Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have a question!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I have a question!

    Ok, So I was just hired into Paradise Pier/Golden State Attractions and I was wondering when and if it would be possible to eventually transfer to New Orleans Square attractions. Believe me I am happy to be working at the place I am currently at, but my ultimate goal is to get to the Haunted Mansion, since that attraction is so near and dear to my heart. So I was just curious of how eventually I would go about doing so. I know it won't be for a while, but if someone could just tell me the exact time and procedure, I would much appreciate it! Thanks!

  • #2
    Re: I have a question!

    tranfers are done after the probationary period, which is usually 6 months.
    "And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make." :ghug:

    The Beatles

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: I have a question!

      Originally posted by karebear286 View Post
      tranfers are done after the probationary period, which is usually 6 months.
      I'm pretty sure it's 4 months.....

      It's in the policy book though. Everyone I've talked to about this stuff has said to have a great record with little/no points....and get to know your managers well. Then when you think you've gained a good reputation amongst them, throw the idea out there that you'd like to transfer.

      When did you start?

      I've got traditions on the 21st myself.....I can't wait! Hopefully I get the west side attractions!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: I have a question!

        i think you might be right, its been awhile since i did it.
        "And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make." :ghug:

        The Beatles

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: I have a question!

          Originally posted by karebear286 View Post
          i think you might be right, its been awhile since i did it.
          Well I had heard a while ago that complete department transfers were 6 months, but apparently those too are now 4 months. Who knows, haha.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: I have a question!

            You're right about the four month probation. It's 120 days by the books for DL Attractions. I doubt DCA Attractions would be any different.

            My personal opinion is to let your managers know you're interested in transferring ASAP so they don't make any plans about your future in DCA. I'd imagine that would make the transfer easier later on.

            The Mansion has an incredible crew and history. Very cool place to be, I'd love for you to... join us...
            Piano performances: Bohemain Rhapsody, To Zanarkand
            Theatre organ performances: Singin' in the Rain, Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite, My Foolish Heart

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: I have a question!

              Planning to leave the Pier already? ...J/k, I kinda wanna leave the Pier sometimes, too. I wanna work the Jungle Cruise at some point in my lifetime. DCA attractions has its upsides, though, like not having to work ridiculously late or ridiculously early. Downside is that there are less hours to go around for a park that can sometimes only be open for 8 hours.

              As others have said, 4 months sounds about right.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: I have a question!

                Originally posted by BurtGummer View Post
                I'm pretty sure it's 4 months.....

                It's in the policy book though. Everyone I've talked to about this stuff has said to have a great record with little/no points....and get to know your managers well. Then when you think you've gained a good reputation amongst them, throw the idea out there that you'd like to transfer.

                When did you start?

                I've got traditions on the 21st myself.....I can't wait! Hopefully I get the west side attractions!

                I'm glad you finally are gonna start! haha. My first official day with traditions was on Halloween!

                And to the rest of you! Thanks for the info. Very helpful. I don't plan on getting any points, I am a very good employee, never been late to any other job or school once in my life! I'm very punctual! Anyways, I'm looking forward to my new life at the Disneyland Resort, and hopefully that will include that Haunted Mansion at some point! (fingers crossed)

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: I have a question!

                  I wouldn't instantly start out with "Hi! I want to transfer ASAP." Give it a couple months, you might enjoy your area a lot more than expected. It'd be a little silly to not stick around for the World of Color opening anyway.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: I have a question!

                    Originally posted by Alpine View Post
                    It'd be a little silly to not stick around for the World of Color opening anyway.
                    That is a VERY good point! I'm sure you'll be doing GC for it, and I'd say that would be the best show to do GC for since it would be brand spankin new and fun to watch. Logistics-wise will probably be a nightmare though.....

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: I have a question!

                      No, I know. I'm not gonna transfer right away. I was planning on staying in the area I am right now for a while. I was just wondering for future reference. I was curious, but I forgot to ask about it in Traditions and Welcome To...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: I have a question!

                        I would wait at least the probationary period before bringing it up. I recently transferred from Hollywood Attractions to NO/CC (2 months ago) and I love it, but I also enjoyed my time in DCA. Just don't wait too long, I lost a year of seniority when I transferred (worth it in my oppinion).

                        Welcome to the resort!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: I have a question!

                          Originally posted by IceDevil9 View Post
                          I would wait at least the probationary period before bringing it up. I recently transferred from Hollywood Attractions to NO/CC (2 months ago) and I love it, but I also enjoyed my time in DCA. Just don't wait too long, I lost a year of seniority when I transferred (worth it in my oppinion).

                          Welcome to the resort!
                          Wow, you've already worked for a year? I remember your "hired" thread, haha. Did you end up working ToT before you transferred?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: I have a question!

                            It's very bad form to seek a transfer on Day One.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: I have a question!

                              Originally posted by BurtGummer View Post
                              Wow, you've already worked for a year? I remember your "hired" thread, haha. Did you end up working ToT before you transferred?
                              Indeed I did for about six or seven months. From Feb. 09 up until the end of August. Had a lot of fun.

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Re: I have a question!

                                Probation is 120 days. I would not put a whole lot of hope on transferring to NOCC. Yes it does happen but park to park transfers are difficult and rare, usually involving extenuating circumstances. It is a one way ticket if it does happen. Good luck in attractions, it can be rough.

                                Comment

                                Get Away Today Footer

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X