This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Are The Best Shoes For The Job?

Hey, my nephew just got hired for the main gate and he asked me what shoes he should get. Since it's been years since I worked at the park I thought I would throw the question to you guys. What are the best shoes to wear and where do you buy them? He knows the style he has to get but he was wondering about brand/store recommendations.

Re: What Are The Best Shoes For The Job?

I wore Diehards from Sears. But that was years ago too.

I was working in custodial so I want shoes that could stand up to getting cleaning chemicals spelled on them and that wouldn't slip on the wet ground.

They worked for me.
    Jeff made me famous!
    From the Mouth of the Mouse.

Comment

These days, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. contracts with Shoes For Crews for many types of footware.

They're slip resistant, and most of their styles meet The Disney Look guidelines.

Comment

I always wore black work Sketchers.

Stanley makes some great steel-toed work shoes as well. Heck, they saved my foot in a conveyor belt accident in the past.
        Burnt Toast
        The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

Comment

Shoes for Crews work pretty good, but some say they are uncomfortable. Standing on your feet all day gets rough so finding a good pair of shoes is a must, even if it comes at a premium price.
          Class of 2005...

Comment

If he's at the main gate, he'll be standing for the entire shift, right? In addition to good shoes (I used the SoftWalk brand purchased from Zappos.com), may I also suggest compression socks? Depending on his age, he may find them too orthopedic. But they will save him the sore feet and swelling that make a standing job pure hell. They're available at pharmacies and cost $10-20.

Also, during my time at the DLR, the parkside cast store sold comfort insoles for $10 per pair. They looked like they were made for the manly tradesmen of the Park judging by the thickness and the hyperbole on the cover. I bought a pair anyway and they were like little clouds in my shoes. Then all I had to do was buy a $20 pair of black work shoes at the Big 5 down Harbor to put them in and I was all set. Naturally, this option is if he can't find good shoes.

Comment

Payless athletic style work shoes. 20 bucks, and they last 6 months for 40+ hours a week. Insoles are 10 bucks at CVS.

Just make sure they are black, polishable, and have no logos and you're set.

Comment

On those attractions where I supplied my own shoes, I found that Red Wing had some pretty comfortable shoes. Of course, that was well over 20 years ago now, so things might have changed, and they might not have the styles they had back then.

Comment

I wear Skechers from slip resistant I go them at J.C Penny on sale for 49.00

Comment

Does anyone know if these shoes would meet the Disney CM requirements? I wore this kind for a non-Disney job and they are INCREDIBLY comfortable. Rocky TMC Postal Approved Plain Toe Oxford Shoe, 0005000 , Rocky - Rocky Outdoor Gear

Or these: http://www.redwingshoes.com/productd...px?prodid=1519

THANKS!!!
                    Last edited by really bad eggs; 05-07-2010, 11:06 AM.
                    "Disneyland is the star. Everything else is in the supporting role."óWalt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by really bad eggs View Post
                      Does anyone know if these shoes would meet the Disney CM requirements? I wore this kind for a non-Disney job and they are INCREDIBLY comfortable. Rocky TMC Postal Approved Plain Toe Oxford Shoe, 0005000 , Rocky - Rocky Outdoor Gear

Or these: Red Wing Shoes

THANKS!!!
                      Those look very similar to the Redwings I wore.

Comment

Black polishable, no logos. Looks fine.

Comment

Thanks everyone!
                          "Disneyland is the star. Everything else is in the supporting role."óWalt Disney

Comment

Doc Martens are the Attractions shoe. As sturdy as they get.

Comment

Thanks everyone! I opted for the Rocky TMC Postal Approved Plain Toe Oxford Shoe, 0005000 , Rocky - Rocky Outdoor Gear and I am very happy with their comfort.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X