This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working at Disneyland and School

Hello, I just have a question about working at Disneyland and managing school at the same time. I am currently in high school but once I graduate I would like to go to CalState Fullerton and work at Disneyland for a couple years. Do they usually work with your class schedules, or are they more prone to hire those who are not in school? Any personl experience with this and tips, help etc. is greatly appreciated! Thank you!
    ap·pur·te·nant – adjective: appertaining or belonging; pertaining.

...to Disneyland.

Re: Working at Disneyland and School

honestly, they do not support students. Scheduling is very tough during peak seasons such as spring break and winter holidays. Most students, like myself, have school. I work at disney at part time. But during these peak seasons i am required to work 3 weeks fully available. This means, disney can schedule me during my class. In fact, thats what they did for next week. The schedulers and managers dont really try helping me out. I have called every person who i could switch with, and since they said no, Disney told me to call in sick that day. Some mangers are nice and will try helping, but they have so many other cast members with same problem. So, the managers just get just as frustrated.
    Its fun to work at Disney while in college. But its not worth the hassle of having to work during class or finals and then trying to decide which one wins.. the job or school. Also, you can be scheduled to work grad nights or special events that run late in the night (6am for most grad nights). Then have to go to 8 am class same day. Its just a big gamble...
    Good luck.

Comment

Re: Working at Disneyland and School

Try hiring in as CT so you can work summers and holidays. At the end of your first summer, go talk to your managers and see if they have any openings that would allow you to be fully available on the weekends (Fri-Sun). If so, try to transfer to CR. If not, try again after your next summer.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X