This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visiting other Resorts

If a WDW CM visits DL with a Blue Main Gate Pass, how does it work to sign people in? Does it count off the 14 yearly sign-ins, officially? So if you visit DL for 4 days, will you have 10 sign ins left at WDW or any other resort? I've heard in practice they come off of 2 different tallys, or just aren't monitored outside your home park.

Does my WDW ID get me into DL? or do I need the Main Gate for even just myself?
    "The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing" -Walt Disney

Re: Visiting other Resorts

Originally posted by Semiquaver View Post
    If a WDW CM visits DL with a Blue Main Gate Pass, how does it work to sign people in? Does it count off the 14 yearly sign-ins, officially? So if you visit DL for 4 days, will you have 10 sign ins left at WDW or any other resort? I've heard in practice they come off of 2 different tallys, or just aren't monitored outside your home park.

Does my WDW ID get me into DL? or do I need the Main Gate for even just myself?
    If you are a WDW CM, before you leave WDW you may wish to ensure how many Blue Main Gate Pass issues you have, that way you know for sure what you can use. More importantly, you can generate at WDW your own CM pass (paper ticket) to use and to bring with you to DL. If you don't do this, yes you will have to use your Blue Main Gate Pass and yes it takes off visits. This is because your WDW CM ID is on a different platform (computer configuration) than the one used at DL. I would suggest you get your pass to get in to DL generated at WDW. This will simplify things.
    Hope this helps!

Comment

Originally posted by FunkMusicMeister View Post
      More importantly, you can generate at WDW your own CM pass (paper ticket) to use and to bring with you to DL. If you don't do this, yes you will have to use your Blue Main Gate Pass and yes it takes off visits. This is because your WDW CM ID is on a different platform (computer configuration) than the one used at DL. I would suggest you get your pass to get in to DL generated at WDW. This will simplify things.
      Hope this helps!
      Thanks. I can not find any information about this anywhere. Are you referring to a Complimentary Ticket? I called ticketing and they didn't know of a CM pass. They said I'd have to use the maingate pass, but honestly had no idea if they sign-ins count from the same tally. They too had heard it both ways. I'll be signing in people and need the main gate pass, but I had hope I could pop in on my own on some days with something like my ID. Oh well.

Comment

I don't know how it is from WDW to DLR, but for DLR CM's who visit WDW, we simply show our blue pass at the CM gate, and are printed passes for that day. It does not count against out 16 signins per year. The procedure for WDW CM's might be completely different here, though.

You might want to call Employee Administrative Services (EAS) at 407-824-5522 to find out for sure how it works.

Comment

Originally posted by RiversOfAmerica View Post
          I don't know how it is from WDW to DLR, but for DLR CM's who visit WDW, we simply show our blue pass at the CM gate, and are printed passes for that day. It does not count against out 16 signins per year. The procedure for WDW CM's might be completely different here, though.

You might want to call Employee Administrative Services (EAS) at 407-824-5522 to find out for sure how it works.
          They were the first people I called. They had no clue and redirected me to ticketing. Oh well.

Rivers, you give me hope to just wing it with the maingate pass, thanks!

Comment

As of right now sign-ins at Resorts other then your home location (excluding Tokyo where no Main Gate Passes work) do NOT count towards your allotment. That can and probably will change, but who knows when they'll pull the trigger on that one.
            Burnt Toast
            The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

Comment

Last edited by Loc Potter; 08-04-2011, 09:33 AM.

Guest Relations & Ticketing Coordinator @ Disneyland Paris
              English is not my mother tongue, I hope you would forgive me for my spelling mistakes.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnt Toast View Post
                As of right now sign-ins at Resorts other then your home location (excluding Tokyo where no Main Gate Passes work) do NOT count towards your allotment. That can and probably will change...
                In regards to WDW and DLR, it probably won't change, at least not for a LONG time. Each park uses a completely different ticketing system, designed to manage guests, not CM's. Inter-resort CM sign-ins isn't exactly a money loser for the parks, so it wouldn't make sense to refit the ticketing systems just to get the sign-in count at one resort to communicate with the sign-in counts at other resorts.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X