Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Visiting other Resorts

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Visiting other Resorts

    If a WDW CM visits DL with a Blue Main Gate Pass, how does it work to sign people in? Does it count off the 14 yearly sign-ins, officially? So if you visit DL for 4 days, will you have 10 sign ins left at WDW or any other resort? I've heard in practice they come off of 2 different tallys, or just aren't monitored outside your home park.

    Does my WDW ID get me into DL? or do I need the Main Gate for even just myself?
    "The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing" -Walt Disney

  • #2
    Re: Visiting other Resorts

    Originally posted by Semiquaver View Post
    If a WDW CM visits DL with a Blue Main Gate Pass, how does it work to sign people in? Does it count off the 14 yearly sign-ins, officially? So if you visit DL for 4 days, will you have 10 sign ins left at WDW or any other resort? I've heard in practice they come off of 2 different tallys, or just aren't monitored outside your home park.

    Does my WDW ID get me into DL? or do I need the Main Gate for even just myself?
    If you are a WDW CM, before you leave WDW you may wish to ensure how many Blue Main Gate Pass issues you have, that way you know for sure what you can use. More importantly, you can generate at WDW your own CM pass (paper ticket) to use and to bring with you to DL. If you don't do this, yes you will have to use your Blue Main Gate Pass and yes it takes off visits. This is because your WDW CM ID is on a different platform (computer configuration) than the one used at DL. I would suggest you get your pass to get in to DL generated at WDW. This will simplify things.
    Hope this helps!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Visiting other Resorts

      Originally posted by FunkMusicMeister View Post
      More importantly, you can generate at WDW your own CM pass (paper ticket) to use and to bring with you to DL. If you don't do this, yes you will have to use your Blue Main Gate Pass and yes it takes off visits. This is because your WDW CM ID is on a different platform (computer configuration) than the one used at DL. I would suggest you get your pass to get in to DL generated at WDW. This will simplify things.
      Hope this helps!
      Thanks. I can not find any information about this anywhere. Are you referring to a Complimentary Ticket? I called ticketing and they didn't know of a CM pass. They said I'd have to use the maingate pass, but honestly had no idea if they sign-ins count from the same tally. They too had heard it both ways. I'll be signing in people and need the main gate pass, but I had hope I could pop in on my own on some days with something like my ID. Oh well.
      "The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing" -Walt Disney

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Visiting other Resorts

        I don't know how it is from WDW to DLR, but for DLR CM's who visit WDW, we simply show our blue pass at the CM gate, and are printed passes for that day. It does not count against out 16 signins per year. The procedure for WDW CM's might be completely different here, though.

        You might want to call Employee Administrative Services (EAS) at 407-824-5522 to find out for sure how it works.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Visiting other Resorts

          Originally posted by RiversOfAmerica View Post
          I don't know how it is from WDW to DLR, but for DLR CM's who visit WDW, we simply show our blue pass at the CM gate, and are printed passes for that day. It does not count against out 16 signins per year. The procedure for WDW CM's might be completely different here, though.

          You might want to call Employee Administrative Services (EAS) at 407-824-5522 to find out for sure how it works.
          They were the first people I called. They had no clue and redirected me to ticketing. Oh well.

          Rivers, you give me hope to just wing it with the maingate pass, thanks!
          "The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing" -Walt Disney

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Visiting other Resorts

            As of right now sign-ins at Resorts other then your home location (excluding Tokyo where no Main Gate Passes work) do NOT count towards your allotment. That can and probably will change, but who knows when they'll pull the trigger on that one.
            Burnt Toast
            The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

            Comment


            • #7
              Last edited by Loc Potter; 08-04-2011, 10:33 AM.

              Guest Relations & Ticketing Coordinator @ Disneyland Paris
              English is not my mother tongue, I hope you would forgive me for my spelling mistakes.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Visiting other Resorts

                Originally posted by Burnt Toast View Post
                As of right now sign-ins at Resorts other then your home location (excluding Tokyo where no Main Gate Passes work) do NOT count towards your allotment. That can and probably will change...
                In regards to WDW and DLR, it probably won't change, at least not for a LONG time. Each park uses a completely different ticketing system, designed to manage guests, not CM's. Inter-resort CM sign-ins isn't exactly a money loser for the parks, so it wouldn't make sense to refit the ticketing systems just to get the sign-in count at one resort to communicate with the sign-in counts at other resorts.

                Comment

                Ad Widget

                Collapse
                Working...
                X