This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I still have a chance?

I skipped the job fair because I'm turning 18 on March 15 and figured any job I want wouldn't be open until I'm 18. I'd like to do attractions but I'd take anything they gave me.

I'm going to go apply right after my bithday. Do I still have a chance to be hired or have they hired all they want for now?

Re: Do I still have a chance?

Yah.. we have plenty of positions so you can apply anytime. The job fair is good because they give you immediate decisions on the spot.
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

Comment

Eagle Wings,

Whatever you do, don't get discouraged. You WILL get hired, as long as you sell yourself, maintain that positive attitude and spirit and believe in Walt's dream of spreading that magic and happiness to those who visit the magic kingdom. I have seen in numerous posts, your desire to work for Disney and believe me when I say this, that your dividends will pay off for you, because of your desire. Keep that faith going and you'll the positive that will generate from it. My fingers are crossed for you and believe you WILL succeed.

Comment

Thanks to both of you. I'll be applying the weekend after I turn 18. When you apply do you get interviewed on the spot? Or do you go back later? And when do they make their decision to hire you?

Comment

Originally posted by EagleWings
          Thanks to both of you. I'll be applying the weekend after I turn 18. When you apply do you get interviewed on the spot? Or do you go back later? And when do they make their decision to hire you?
          Well, if you go on the weekend go EARLY. People tend not like getting interviewed so early in the morning so you might luck out and be asked to stay for your interview soon after you turn your application in. Otherwise, they'll ask you when you can come back for your interview and they'll schedule it.

They make their decision to hire you or move to you a secondary interview (if the department you desire requires two interviews) at the end of the interview.

Best suggestion I can give you is to nod your head and smile with ANY requirement that they throw at you. Nine times out of ten, Casting will put there artificial "requirements" that they "say" that the department wants but they are untrue. Don't contradict them, don't raise a fuss... just nod your head and say, "I think I can work that in" or something to that nature. Most of the time you'll realize that what Casting said that you are required to do (like your availability) during your interview is not what they require in the "real world".

Good luck! Lemme know if you have any more questions... I've been through the whole Casting thing five times (one when I first hired in, two more times when I rehired, and the last two when I transferred to another department) so I think I got it down pat.
          Burnt Toast
          The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

Comment

Yay thanks it doesn't sound too difficult. My friend got hired in to do Pirates back in December and he's having a blast so I'm hoping to do attractions too. Althought I'd prefer Tomorrowland!

Comment

I will ask my friend in Tomorrowland what their needs are in attractions and which ones. He is a manager in attractions.

As far as when I was rehired, it was a piece of cake during my interview. I think it was just a formality, ask a couple of questions regarding my availability and where I wanted to work. I was then told to wait in the lobby and I was called back within minutes to get a job offer. The first time I was interviewed, it was a group interview with 2-3 people. We were all asked a few questions and then those who did not do good were weeded out. We then went on to secondary interviews, which were a piece of cake. Just keep us posted as to what is happening to you. We will give you all of our support.

Comment

Thanks for asking your friend, what a neat connection.

Well I figure it can't be as hard as that Block Party audition was.. wowzers!

Comment

just keep thinking to yourself, "I can do it, I can do it, I can, I can".

Comment

I got hired at a job fair. I went in with a suit and a nice resume, which definitely didn't hurt. Basically we sat outside and filled out our paperwork, then we were sent into the lobby to wait. (And we got to watch Mary Poppins ) They called us in in small groups to answer a series of questions on the computer. When I finished, they pulled me aside and said that I'd qualified for a face-to-face interview, and had me wait a little more. I interviewed with one other guy who was looking at foods. The recruiter had me wait a little longer and called him back in first, then me. She gave me a job offer, and we talked about my availability and preferences. The whole thing took about three hours. I'm not sure how it works if you go in independently of a hiring fair, but that's how it worked for me.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

Comment

A recruiter came to my college campus and I did my interview in jeans and a tee shirt. Hired in, on the spot.
                      Member of the Disney Class of 2005
                      Disneyland CM for 4 years.
                      May 6, 2005 - present.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X