X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I applied at Casting Center

I sure did!

And in case you've never done it before and want to know, here's how it went today.

Actually I started out this morning going to a career fair in the local Brea Community Center that I heard about from the OCRegister. Disneyland was supposed to be one of the employers on hand but I found out from one of the nice ladies helping out there that for one reason or another they could not be present. I did however get an application, which I filled out, and a list of openings in the DLR and a number of how many people for each type of job would be filled within the month. I figured that since I was ready to go (dressed up in mickey tie and everything!) I'd go to Casting Center and get something going.

The open lot for visitor parking next to the Casting building was closed off, due to "pyrotechnic fallout" according to the signage. Understandable, but that required me to park in the structure for cast members, and that made me nervous because I kept passing spaces labeled "gold pass" and "24-hour reserved" and "carpool." The last thing I wanted to do was make trouble by parking in the wrong place while trying to get a job!

I'd been to Casting once before (last year they turned me down faster than you can say "I'm 16"), so I knew that peoplemover train was there along the side of the yellow building, but given the incredible longing for the attraction by several MiceChatters, I had to give it a few moments. For someone like me who knows the entire Peoplemover/Rocket Rod/nothing-is-on-the-track-now story, it's sort of ironic that Disney would place it there. Sort of like, "hey, look at this piece of DL history! Want to use it as a park bench?"

Since I had the application filled out I turned it in right away, and it took about 30 minutes while I waited for the CM's on hand to review it. (PotC was playing in the room. Make what you want out of that...) They called me up to discuss the times during the summer that I cannot work, and after that about six applicants and myself went into a small room to view the Cast Member introductory video.

The video was predictable for me, your typical two guy & girl cast members talking about guidelines for appearance, the Disney Difference and all that good stuff, as well as some background information about Walt Disney. Being the DL sound freak that I am, I noticed that "Once Upon a Dream" from the new 50th album plays in the background during the "Walt was watching his daughters on the carousel and came up with DL" part, and "Good-bye My Coney Island Baby" plays while the two CM's are talking on Main Street. Oh, and I know that the film had to have been filmed between November 2004 and May 2005, because Sleeping Beauty Castle is done with its refurb but the 50th decor is not on it. It's almost freaky how much I read into stuff.

Anyway, after that I took an online survey, you know, those questions that are like "I consider myself to be assertive" and you answer "agree," "disagree," etc... and then after more waiting in the casting room (PotC just began when I arrived and ended when I left) I got scheduled to have a personal interview on Monday afternoon. Wish me luck!

Re: I applied at Casting Center

Good luck!

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Thank you! )

Thank you! )

(Don't worry, I just double posted in the parkinglot thread. MC is acting sluggish right now)

Comment

OOh I wish you luck, Tell us if you get it what your job is or ELSE!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
          ~

Comment

I hope you do really well on Monday!! I will be rooting for you.
            Sig by Poisonedapples!

Comment

yeah no kidding. it's all good though

Comment

Disneyland was supposed to be one of the employers on hand but I found out from one of the nice ladies helping out there that for one reason or another they could not be present.
                Kind of funny thinking that disneyland couldn't manage to get someone out there

Comment

Hey thats cool!!! Good luck on monday...hope you get it!!!

Disneyland: 1998, 2005

Disneyland Paris: 1992, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011

Comment

Yeah good luck.
                    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
                    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
                    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
                    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
                    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
                    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
                    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
                    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
                    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
                    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
                    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
                    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
                    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
                    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
                    TRIP REPORTS

Comment

What department(s) did you apply for? And Good Luck!

Comment

Good luck! I hope you get in!

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Comment

Best of luck! I'm rooting for you! =D

Comment

Good luck! And yes, what job are you hoping for?

Comment

GOOD LUCK! =D I'm hoping to apply soon here. Well, by this time next year, seeing as I'm graduating in January and my friend and I decided we were going to move to southern california for a few months if we could become CMs. ^^

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X