Local Hangouts for CMs, especially performers?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johnatthebar
    • Jul 2005

Local Hangouts for CMs, especially performers?

So as I sit in a hospital, working, waiting for something to do, and getting paid overtime to sit on the internet, I remembered something I'd been wondering everytime I'm at the park.

Are there any local pubs or whatnot that the dancers/entertainment CMs hang out at when not working? I used to be involved with theatre and dance and always thought it would be cool to kibitz with them. Stalkerish? Yes, err, no. Just wondering. I still don't know of any 'neighborhood bars' in the area. Out on 192 way east there is an Irish pub, and I know of a few little places further NE by UCF. I also ask partially to find a local hangout for my home away from home.
  • kelly
    love my friends
    • Sep 2005

Re: Local Hangouts for CMs, especially performers?

i dont know about the entertainment department.. I hang out at home.. LOL

guess I am old.. and tired after I work, dont feel like going out much..

Friends for life

Comment

• Mr.DooDah
      there's always my way...
      • May 2005

Hooters!
      Come to the dark side,
      we have cookies.

Comment

• johnatthebar
        • Jul 2005

I prolly should have clarified, Im talking WDW. But uh, if I am ever in Aneheim, Im there (Hooters, dont worry kelly, not banging on your door...unless you have beer)

Comment

• EagleWings
          Banned User
          • May 2005

Dennys!

Comment

• Zeus
            :)
            • Oct 2005

Denny's......the one r across from the park is BIG for opening / closing CM's.......ALSOOO..the Denny's behind TDA serves alcohol.....so closing CM's on friday - saturday usually kick back there after a long days work..

Comment

• Bibliophile
              Do you have a 27B/6?
              • Feb 2005

When I was a CP in 2004, we'd either go to Friday's in LBV or the Alehouse. Good times! I was Attractions, though, not Entertainment.
              They are the Disney Princesses and their goal is world domination. -Mary McNamara | LA Times / AP

Fall 2004: Fantasyland Attractions

Comment

• johnatthebar
                • Jul 2005

I used to be a local at a few ale hosues, including winter parks, but their food kinda went down the drain. way more corporate now. and it is way N (by the univ) but perhaps next week I will go and harass a few mouseketeers...

Comment

• sillycrazygoof
                  Robot Chicken Rules!
                  • Jan 2006

When i was in entertainment w/ WDW. The hotspots were JellyRoles at Boardwalk, Orlando Ale House, Denny's, PI (tuesdays and thursdays). That's pretty much where people would scatter to; to either get completely wasted and drunk and be total idiots and come into work the next day with alcohol still on there breath and complaining how bad of a headache, and how much they had to drink and how many people they maked out with that night.
                  In my own opinion (and this is actually witnessing this) it's pretty sad and always brought a tear ot my eye when a 5-6 year old kid ask's there mommy why mickey mouse smells like daddy when he comes come late from the bar!
                  I know all this cause i have seen this everyday. I took NO part of it. There are so much better ways to enjoy life then trying to see how many people you can make out with or sleep in one night or at least until you leave disney. NO THANK YOU!
                  Sorry bout being blunt in this post but whn i was with entertainment i loved my job every moment;punched in with a smile and punched out with a smile, but with working people like this, can bring a man down like myself, and it was hard to keep the magic in me, but it has never left me.

Comment

• Bibliophile
                    Do you have a 27B/6?
                    • Feb 2005

Well, I was never one to turn down a night at Jellyroll's; I was responsible, though. Didn't drink if I had to work the next day.
                    I always thought PI was overrated. ESPECIALLY on CM nights.
                    They are the Disney Princesses and their goal is world domination. -Mary McNamara | LA Times / AP

Fall 2004: Fantasyland Attractions

Comment

• sillycrazygoof
                      Robot Chicken Rules!
                      • Jan 2006

Yes thank you PI was and IS STILL overated. You know yes there are the responsible types. I will give credit to that, but i just feel that there are better ways to have fun then be in a bar dont you think?
                      Now I remember when i first went to PI, walked right in and basically walked right out lol. As for jellyroles..ehh it's still a BAR to me. Now with Denny's okay I am guilty of that yes, but i was only there for the french toast and sweet tea mmmmmm lol!

Comment

• Morrigoon
                        insufferable know-it-all
                        • Jan 2005

Anaheim:
                        In my day, the "CM Dennys" was the one on Katella, near the Southwest corner of the park, but in more recent times, I believe it's the Dennys several blocks East of the park on Katella (near State College, if I recall correctly?) has been the CM Dennys. Too many tourists at the one on Harbor, but I'm sure some CMs go there.

Acapulco's bar also used to be a big hangout, but that's gone now and I doubt the current CMs want to bother with Mimis.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Comment

• Olympicnut
                          Incognito
                          • Jan 2005

Maybe a local gay bar or 2

Comment

• kelly
                            love my friends
                            • Sep 2005

have no clue.. i only know us 3rd shift people.. so home to bed.. LOL:sleep:

Friends for life

Comment

• fearsnda
                              Leave 'em wanting more!
                              • Jan 2005

Originally posted by kelly
                              i dont know about the entertainment department.. I hang out at home.. LOL

guess I am old.. and tired after I work, dont feel like going out much..
                              LOL me too! Home is where I go to and die!
                              ~ Tasty, yet morally ambiguous! ~

Comment

• kelly
                                love my friends
                                • Sep 2005

Originally posted by johnatthebar
                                I prolly should have clarified, Im talking WDW. But uh, if I am ever in Aneheim, Im there (Hooters, dont worry kelly, not banging on your door...unless you have beer)
                                opps am I embarassed:blush: .. hmmmmmmmmmmmmm LOL:lol:

Friends for life

Comment

• kelly
                                  love my friends
                                  • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Morrigoon
                                  Anaheim:
                                  In my day, the "CM Dennys" was the one on Katella, near the Southwest corner of the park, but in more recent times, I believe it's the Dennys several blocks East of the park on Katella (near State College, if I recall correctly?) has been the CM Dennys. Too many tourists at the one on Harbor, but I'm sure some CMs go there.

Acapulco's bar also used to be a big hangout, but that's gone now and I doubt the current CMs want to bother with Mimis.
                                  never knew that.. hey maybe I should go there tooooo

Friends for life

Comment

• planetbogg
                                    • Jul 2006

When I worked Fantasmic as WDW, we always went to Perkins afterwards. The manager had a beef with WDW and always hassled us about working for the Rat. It was a nice way to unwind after the hectic schedule of having to do two Fantasmics in a row during the summer.

Comment

• RooBear
                                      I'm back! Sorta...
                                      • Jun 2005

The PI performers would usually go over to the Grovenor's Lounge just across the way--of course, this was 2am, sometimes 3 am. They were all comedians from the warehouse and so the zingers kept zinging.

WDW's gay employees tend to go en masse to PI on Thursday nights. Kinda nice, if you see a hottie you want to catch up with.

Those are the two places I know of. My friends worked at Pleasure Island, that's the only reason I know this.

Peace out!
                                      Roo
                                      husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                      Working...
                                      X